PDA

View Full Version : Call the Campaign to Support a VA Hospital Tour!

Shink
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87865&page=4

Credit goes to VoluntaryMan for this awesome idea. This arose in the 'RP Iraq Publicity Stunt' thread. As an Iraq veteran, I have to completely oppose the idea, but the aim overall is to get some good press and a lot more votes.

The idea is to get Ron to go on a 'tour' of some kind through VA hospitals. Ron's status as a medical doctor and a number of other things could really bring some good press and support. It should be easy to schedule, because they can do this at the same time Ron does Super Tuesday visits.

I just called the campaign, talked to Leslie (I believe it was), and I told her this. I said it was a great way to pull in even more veteran/military support if he had a tour of the VA hospitals in big cities that coincided with the Super Tuesday states, and being that he's a doctor, it could get him some good press. She seemed to take notice once I started describing it.

She asked if I knew how he already had a lot of veteran/military support and I told her I AM one. She seemed impressed. I mentioned that it'd help pull in more of the typical GOP types, too. She seemed glad to pass it up. I wouldn't be surprised if this (or some version of it) actually happens.

If you want, call 703-248-9115, say you want to make a suggestion for the campaign, you'll go to Leslie or whoever, and tell them you second this idea. Tell them we're making a push for them to try this!

How about some input and some calls supportive of this idea!

pacelli
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
This is a great idea.

RonPaulCult
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
I think this would be awesome and I hope that the campaign can get some positive media coverage by doing things like THIS instead of just going to places and giving a stump speech!

Shink
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Bump

We could use a push for this! Call the campaign--this is one of the best moves the campaign could make. They already do rallies, they should expand into VA hospital visits.

Shink
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Bump...I think this is important...but you decide.