PDA

View Full Version : Rough Draft of Paul TV ad... comments?

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 04:27 PM
http://www.naturesfarmfresh.com/WestWingPaul.swf

Ideally, the text is replaced by a voice-over. And again, rough draft to give people some things to percalate over.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
The music is copyrighted. You can't use it.

Richie
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
Please take Lincoln out of that.

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Get a better picture of Dr. Paul.
Leave Lincoln in, maybe it'll draw the pro-war republicans.

ambiguousscion
01-12-2008, 04:31 PM
The pictures don't have anything to do with the text. The video is OK, but it should have a more relevant voice over message.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
I like it. However, with the pictures moving and the text remaining still, the focus is completely swayed to the pictures.

Maybe overlap the text on top of the pics.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
The music is COPYRIGHTED. You can't use it. NO TV station will air a commercial with the West Wing music in it.

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 04:38 PM
The music is copyrighted. You can't use it.

It's called paying royalties. Of course you can use it if you pay them.

"Synchronization Rights and Royalties"
http://entertainment.howstuffworks.com/music-royalties4.htm

The idea is to convey images of presidents that led America through great struggles and times of uncertainty.

literatim
01-12-2008, 04:41 PM
Please take Lincoln out of it.

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
I like it. However, with the pictures moving and the text remaining still, the focus is completely swayed to the pictures.

Maybe overlap the text on top of the pics.

As I pointed out in the thread posting, a voice-over should replace the text. I just don't have a mic handy to create one at the moment. That's WHY I said this is ONLY a ROUGH draft.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Since this is a Republican primary, nix Kennedy and add Reagan (I know). Also, the other poster was right, you need a better picture of Ron. That one sucks. Use something relaxed and outdoorsy, like the one on the tractor, or the one that used to be on the campaign website. I don't know anything about the music, but the music will be important. I like what you have, but, if you can't use it, find something comparable. With a good voice-over, though, the music will be less critical.

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Please take Lincoln out of it.

What do people have against Lincoln??? Seriously.

literatim
01-12-2008, 04:46 PM
Read 'The Real Lincoln' by DiLorenzo as Ron Paul suggests.

He was a murderous tyrant and traitor to the Republic.

kirkblitz
01-12-2008, 04:51 PM
What do people have against Lincoln??? Seriously.

he's viewed as scum by many MANY Americans. I happen to be one :mad:

But i like the ad other then him :D

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 04:58 PM
he's viewed as scum by many MANY Americans. I happen to be one :mad:

But i like the ad other then him :D

This is a "Southern" thing, isn't it?

hueylong
01-12-2008, 05:02 PM
You can only use it if they license it to you. I've licensed lots of music. There is no way in hell that NBC will license this music for a political ad -- for anyone.

Get a grip on reality.

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
For those that never bothered to CHECK... the theme music to "The West Wing" is NOT, I repeat NOT, owned by the tv network.

It is the intellectual property of the artist, W.G. Snuffy Walden.
http://www.amazon.com/Music-W-G-Snuffy-Walden/dp/B00004DTOE/ref=pd_krex_po_img

I've made a couple of the requested changes.

Feel free to check it out and offer comments.

http://www.naturesfarmfresh.com/WestWingPaul.swf

dkim68
01-12-2008, 07:06 PM
I think the text would have more impact if it overlayed the pictures and was centered in the frame rather than in the black strip at the bottom of the screen.

Quantumystic
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
I think the text would have more impact if it overlayed the pictures and was centered in the frame rather than in the black strip at the bottom of the screen.

Again, the text is merely a "get by" measure for the moment to communicate the general idea. A "finished product" would be far more clean visually, as well as replacing the text with a voice-over.

literatim
01-12-2008, 07:15 PM
This is a "Southern" thing, isn't it?

I'm in the North.