PDA

View Full Version : Iowa, Wyoming and NH only 32/1191 delegates

nbhadja
01-12-2008, 04:24 PM
RP's letter to supporters just posted in the thread had him saying "a candidate must have 1,191 delegates. Iowa, Wyoming and New Hampshire determine only 32 delegates." That is only 2.5 percent of the delegates between those 3 states.

Just opened my eye to how small those 3 states were. Almost all of the battle is yet to be fought!

It makes sense to spend proportionally (unlike the other candidates which spent millions and millions on the first 3 states). There is after all like 99 percent of the delegates left total.

Xonox
01-12-2008, 04:26 PM
Yeah... you should clarify in the title that that is total... For a second I thought you meant that Ron only had 32/1191 delegarts from those three states.

Agent CSL
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Yeah. The grassroots is what is going to determine a lot of the rest of the count.
Focuses should be California, New York, Florida. Places with a big population.

We need a chart on how many delegates/state.

Frankie Lee
01-12-2008, 04:32 PM
we need momentum to get the majority of americans/retards that vote for the winner.

malibu
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
RP's letter to supporters just posted in the thread had him saying "a candidate must have 1,191 delegates. Iowa, Wyoming and New Hampshire determine only 32 delegates." That is only 2.5 percent of the delegates between those 3 states.

Just opened my eye to how small those 3 states were. Almost all of the battle is yet to be fought!

It makes sense to spend proportionally (unlike the other candidates which spent millions and millions on the first 3 states). There is after all 97.5 percent of the delegates left.

Actually they are wrong again - NH had 12 and Wyoming I believe was 14 (but not all decided - some uncommitted)

Iowa's 40 delegates - which will be MORE than Michigan's 30 delegates at the national convention - do not get decided until the Iowa GOP state convention in June. RP has plenty in the county conventions with some firsts and seconds in some precincts and counties.

So the number decided so far is even less - only 24 - 26 total delegates have been determined to date.

malibu
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
. . .
We need a chart on how many delegates/state.

Totals for each state are at the end of this pdf file -
www.gop.com/images/2008_Call_FINAL.pdf

Wyoming DOES have 14 total delegates - and only 12 decided ( and 1 is for Duncan Hunter )

So it is only 24 delegates determined to date.

Rob
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
I made this same point either but people seemed to be more concerned with recounting NH's vote and talking about quiting than actually working.

As for me, I'm tired from running a canvass and doing it my self.

On the bright side nearly 70% of Ann Arbor has been canvassed for Ron Paul. I encourage you to do the same wherever you live.