PDA

View Full Version : Where are the abortion questions?

budafied
01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
I've watched most of the debates, and I have yet to hear, from my memory, any questions regarding abortion. This is a big vote that could go in Ron Paul's favor. He is an OB/GYN and obviously has experience in the medical field. He is very pro-life, as seen in other videos.

The abortion debate would also disprove Guliani, because he is pro-choice, not to mention pro-gun control. There goes one candidate right there, in both the South (guns) and in Christian sects (abortion).

I just wonder why this, among other 'moral' issues such as gay marriage, haven't been brought up, considering it has always been a big part of the Republican values.

To sum up:

there is a possibility that many people will be turned upon hearing Dr. Paul's experience in medicine and his views on abortion. and guliani would be laughed off stage by 'moral' republicans.

Jordan
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
These issues were discussed a lot during the summer/fall debates. I remember some pretty heated debating on gay marriage and gays in the military.

budafied
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
These issues were discussed a lot during the summer/fall debates. I remember some pretty heated debating on gay marriage and gays in the military.

any idea which exactly debates these were?

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 05:29 PM
Fox doesn't what to except that their leading candidates supported abortion until it became convienent for them to be "Pro-life".

TheSkeptic
01-13-2008, 01:55 PM
Ron Paul had a strong endorsement in New Hampshire from Barbara Hagan because of his pro-life stance.

Frankly though, I lose all respect for anyone who votes for a candidate based solely on their abortion stance. This is how we got that moron Bush in office in the first place. Presidents can't change abortion; the courts will continue to define the law on this subject.

budafied
01-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Ron Paul had a strong endorsement in New Hampshire from Barbara Hagan because of his pro-life stance.

Frankly though, I lose all respect for anyone who votes for a candidate based solely on their abortion stance. This is how we got that moron Bush in office in the first place. Presidents can't change abortion; the courts will continue to define the law on this subject.

The president does, essentially, decide who gets a seat on the Court. In this way, his influence on abortion is evident. I don't think one should vote on just one issue, but if you are goingto pick one, abortion isnt a bad idea.

I remember seeing a sign around the time of the 2004 election:

"3000 Americans have been killed by terrorists since 1990. 4000 Americans have been killed by abortionists since yesterday."

and thats the factual numbers given by the pro-choice people, so the true value is probably much higher.

idiom
01-13-2008, 03:04 PM
bush got elected the second time, not a s a mandate on Iraq, but because he promised to put pro-life justices in this term.

TheTyke
01-14-2008, 01:51 AM
Someone placing abortion as the first issue isn't wrong at all. If you happen to believe (as we do) that those are children dying, then a 46 million death toll since Roe vs. Wade is more horrifying than all the wars we've been in.

That being said, people need to look a little deeper than what a politician says. The Bush family had ties with Planned Parenthood, and expecting George W. to fix everything was naive. I didn't vote for him either time.

DrCap
01-14-2008, 07:54 AM
I wouldn't worry too much, most people that are pro-life and going to vote that way know the candidates' stances, including the Ghouls' pro choice.