PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul: NO recount in New Hampshire

Phantom
01-12-2008, 04:08 PM
From http://www.ronpaul2008.com/ (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/)

After a careful investigation, I have decided against seeking a recount in New Hampshire. I am confident that not asking for a recount is the right decision.

I carefully considered the arguments for and against a recount before instructing my campaign staff not to pursue it. Without a firm belief that vote fraud had taken place, and without the possibility that a recount would have increased the chances for success of our campaign, a recount would have diverted campaign resources, time, and energy away from crucial battles elsewhere.

We have taken concerns about vote fraud seriously. In Iowa, campaign volunteers carefully monitored the caucuses. Campaign staff placed Paul supporters in every precinct to watch and verify the voting and count. We had supporters phone in results from their precincts to a campaign hotline while others ensured that those numbers were reflected on the official display board at the Polk County Convention Center. The numbers our caucus watchers reported agreed with the official tally, and both results also aligned with the campaign’s internal polling. In relatively pro-Paul counties, our sampling pegged support at 11.5%. This is consistent with an overall 10% finish for the entire state.

In New Hampshire, while I would have hoped for a better result than eight percent, I am convinced that vote fraud played no role in this result. Rumors of vote fraud were investigated, and in the end they proved to be the result of errors in early media reports that were not reflected in the official numbers. In one notable case, when a campaign staff member contacted an individual who had on the evening of January 8 claimed that his vote had not been counted, the person said that he had made a mistake and that the next morning the error in reporting on a newspaper website had been corrected both in the media and -- most importantly -- in the official tally.

Many have expressed concerns that those ballots counted by machine yielded a 2% lower total than those counted by hand. However, machine counted vote totals were more than 2% lower for both John McCain and Mike Huckabee. Hand counted votes were more likely to be cast in rural areas. Results almost always vary between urban and rural areas.

My campaign staff and I have analyzed the numbers in New Hampshire and I have reached the conclusion that it was the high turnout -- not vote fraud or counting errors -- that left us with eight percent of the vote. Our total vote count of over 18,000 votes was well within what we projected given the efforts of our extensive statewide get-out-the-vote program, giving me no reason to believe that vote fraud played any role in the results of the Granite State’s primary.

In both Iowa and New Hampshire there is much to be proud of. Taking both states together, I am honored that over 30,000 people cast their vote for me -- more than either Rudy Giuliani or Fred Thompson. Unlike many other candidates’ efforts, our campaign for freedom is growing and our message is spreading.

Now is the time to redouble our efforts. Our resources must be spent on the upcoming primaries and caucuses, and on ensuring that, with your help, we organize every state yet to vote with our Precinct Leaders program.

We can't win primaries and caucuses that have already happened -- but we can win those yet to come. To become the Republican presidential nominee, a candidate must have 1,191 delegates. Iowa, Wyoming and New Hampshire determine only 32 delegates, so we have much opportunity remaining.

Today, I ask you to join me in focusing on the battles ahead as we continue our fight for liberty and our Constitution.

Sincerely,

Ron Paul

jrich4rpaul
01-12-2008, 04:14 PM
Thank you so, so much more posting this.

Now we can focus on getting more votes in the next states instead of bellyaching about a NH recount from now til November.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 04:15 PM
Good call, Dr. Paul. Again, the voice of reason.

mexicanpizza
01-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Ron is like the substitute teacher that comes in and kicks ass on a crazy class on a rainy day (these forums).

Fight forward, not backwards people.

PaultheSaint
01-12-2008, 04:18 PM
It still happens though right?

KewlRonduderules
01-12-2008, 04:19 PM
Never hurts to have a recount even if it is not endorsed by Dr. Paul. Better safe than sorry.

;)

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 04:20 PM
It still happens though right?

Yes. There is still a Republican candidate having full a recount by hand statewide

Marc3579
If you're asking if the Recount will still happen, yes. But, we have bigger things to worry about in reality. Nevada, Michigan, South Carolina and getting people we know there out to vote in their primaries.

mport1
Thank god. Now hopefully everybody will stop worrying about this and focus on winning the election.

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
So they are doing polling. Well lets move on to the other states, Iowa and NH are done with for now.

lvp1138
01-12-2008, 04:21 PM
Now can we tell all those people in the New Hampshire forum to stop wasting time there? We need their energy somewhere else.

I, and many others, have tried to state that over there and all we get is flame. They are too passionate about finding fraud, and I'm sure there is some, but I'm sure there is fraud against all other candidates too.

Election fraud is wrong. But such battles can last years, and by then, it will be too late.

Go Ron Paul!

paulitics
01-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I don't have a problem with this, but I do hope Kucinich proceeds. The case for vote fraud against Obama is more apparent. Yes, if vote fraud can be proven in any way, this will help any nonestablishment politician in the future, not to mention the integrity of elections. Our case in NH was never strong, unless the errors were intentional, which can't be proven. Even so, the errors in a few counties that were corrected did not add up to many votes.

raiha
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
Yes i think he has some tricks up his sleeve. :D

Phantom
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
The recount is still going to happen according to the post on http://grannywarrior.chipin.com/recount (http://grannywarrior.chipin.com/recount) but Ron Paul is right, let's move on and focus on the battles ahead as we continue our fight for liberty and our Constitution.

libertygirl
01-12-2008, 04:29 PM
I have been wondering if Ron Paul wanted it this way. Kucinich was so low in the numbers, but he wants a recount. His reasons were very good, by the way. But it wouldn't help him; it would help Paul, maybe? Maybe it was planned that Kucinich would call the recount, take the fall. Less money for the recount and it wouldn't be any negative feedback for Paul. Since they are friends.

syborius
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Smart move by Dr. Paul to ask Kucinich to take the heat and ask for a recount. Kucinich has nothing to lose politically, and if we find more discrepancies the people will ante up the pressure against Diebold. Just trying to keep the pressure on the cheats is the best we can do without taking a hammering in the press. Next time they might think twice about such blatant anomalies between hand/machine count. More likely than not the fraud that has occurred already has been masked to the point that a recount won't verify much either way. http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9849226-7.html?tag=nefd.top

Myerz
01-12-2008, 04:33 PM
How do we explain Sutton then? Zero to 31?

Or Greensville or whateverthat second county was called?

I understand Ron doesn't want to have to deal with it.......but it did happen...Sutton officials even admitted it.

CrazyRonPaulSupporter
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
I'm so happy that this is how it turned out. Dr Paul is officially against a recount, this is a good thing, just for us to ask for one (which I think we had a right to do) all media and most people called us kooks even more than before. So, now that Albert Howard and Dennis Kucinich is actually going thru with a recount is once again an amazing opportunity to see what the "new" result will be without risking staining the campaign (and maybe even end it, depending of the new result). This is great news, and it is another victory for us! :)

We can have the cake and eat it!

:):):):):)

Myerz
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
Smart move by Dr. Paul to ask Kucinich to take the heat and ask for a recount. Kucinich has nothing to lose politically, and if we find more discrepancies the people will ante up the pressure against Diebold. Just trying to keep the pressure on the cheats is the best we can do without taking a hammering in the press. Next time they might think twice about such blatant anomalies between hand/machine count. More likely than not the fraud that has occurred already has been masked to the point that a recount won't verify much either way. http://www.news.com/8301-10784_3-9849226-7.html?tag=nefd.top

Kucinich isn't taking any heat for Ron Paul, he's a Democrat.....his request is only for the Dems.

RonPaulCult
01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
You know I was all about a recount but - Ron Paul is my voice of reason. Thanks!

m72mc
01-12-2008, 04:43 PM
there has already been proven in at least 2 places it
IS VOTERFRAUD

ron is taking a safe route here BUT others must investigate this

even if only 1 vote is cheated it is criminal and must be revealed

either you have democrazy or you dont you cant have almost democrazy

dont w8 for ron paul this is about YOUR vote being counted it is up to YOU

to make it count

but dont forget to work for the upcoming primaries, I think this is what ron is trying to do...

Azprint
01-12-2008, 04:44 PM
Thank god he said it. If it was 2000 election, yes you would get 3rd place with 18,000 votes, but this year way too many people are concerned, so suck it up and wait for supa tuesday.

PatriotOne
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Great. RP campaign has covered their asses. Now "on with the recount"!

syborius
01-12-2008, 04:53 PM
Kucinich isn't taking any heat for Ron Paul, he's a Democrat.....his request is only for the Dems.

hey buddy, perhaps you should wake up, you think they would do a state wide recount if you ran in the new hampshire primary and asked for one. We owe it to kucinich for asking for one and assuring a state wide recount. Obama certainly didnt ask for one and he could have, Kucinich is Pauls friend, and this recount is mainly going forward because Kucinich forced it. I am willing to bet that this strategy was already well thought out by Paul and Kucinich beforehand. I am willing to bey my life on it. Kucinich has "zero" to gain from this move, and he certainly can give a flying $^#% about Obama's vote. He is pulling really hard for Ron Paul right now, as should anyone that believes in the constitution. :D

NerveShocker
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
hey buddy, perhaps you should wake up, you think they would do a state wide recount if you ran in the new hampshire primary and asked for one. We owe it to kucinich for asking for one and assuring a state wide recount. Obama certainly didnt ask for one and he could have, Kucinich is Pauls friend, and this recount is mainly going forward because Kucinich forced it. I am willing to bet that this strategy was already well thought out by Paul and Kucinich beforehand. I am willing to bey my life on it. Kucinich has "zero" to gain from this move, and he certainly can give a flying $^#% about Obama's vote. He is pulling really hard for Ron Paul right now, as should anyone that believes in the constitution. :D

Sorry but your just wrong. A democrat can only request a recount for democrats that's just how it works. The only reason we are getting a recount is because we found a Republican who ran for president to do it and are giving him the required funds (Mr.Howard). Before you tell other people to wake up you might want to get your facts straight.. ;/ Dennis's recount is totally separate than the republican recount which was made possible by Ron Paul supporters donating to a chip-in therefore paying for it. By the way you sure your willing to bet your life on it? Haha

Heres a link so you will actually know what is going on rather than guessing and betting your life on it ;/ http://blog.wired.com/27bstroke6/2008/01/new-hampshire-t.html

Phantom
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Myerz, you can bet if Ron Paul places 5th or worse in South Carolina, which is using electronic voting machines banned in other states (http://www.charleston.net/news/2008/jan/07/s_c_use_voting_machines_banned_other_sta26854/) in all 46 South Carolina counties (http://www.state.sc.us/scsec/sysused.htm) and rumours start there, they will possibly investigate that vote. And believe me when I say rumours will start once the vote is counted unless Ron Paul does well there!

Ron Paul has some good support in South Caroina with plenty of meet-up groups (http://ronpaul.meetup.com/cities/us/sc/?all=1) and I am sure they will keep a sharp eye out for any touch-screen voting machine Discrepancies.

In the mean time, here is a good video explaining how easy these machines are to rigg.

Diebold voting machine flips votes
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNYA5ggwG84 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNYA5ggwG84)

Onyx
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Syborius, perhaps you shouldn't attack people so eagerly. Albert Howard is the one who called for a Republican recount while Kucinich called for a Democrat recount.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 05:25 PM
Ron is right.

scandinaviany3
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
sounds a little off on Paul's writing style...anyway...campaign has decided