PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul already did it"

d991
07-24-2007, 03:56 PM
At the end of this clip with Michael Moore on Hardball, someone yells "Ron Paul already did it" referring to Michael Moore's "challenge" to presidential candidates. Now of course Ron Paul would not be doing this for the reason Moore wants the candidates to do it (i.e. he wants the candidates to pledge to not take government funded health care plans until all Americans are covered), but did Ron Paul spurn his government funded health care plan? I heard he doesn't take his congressional pension, but I haven't read about the health care piece before.

Also Chris Matthews at the end said "Ron Paul's leaving the congress" but isn't Ron Paul running again for his seat in congress?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYf-rdLaQTE

angelatc
07-24-2007, 04:01 PM
Yes, he is. It's an idiot interviewing an idiot.

hard@work
07-24-2007, 04:12 PM

And this statement shows you're an intellectual?

:)

michaelwise
07-24-2007, 09:35 PM
How does Cris Mathews already know that Ron Paul is leaving the congress and moving into the Whitehouse?

ladyjade3
07-24-2007, 09:39 PM
He is leaving Congress. His new adress will be 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I think Carol is already shopping for new curtains.

richard1984
07-24-2007, 09:48 PM
He is leaving Congress. His new adress will be 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I think Carol is already shopping for new curtains.

I hope she's finding time to put together a new cookbook, too. I really want one. Seriously.

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 09:50 PM
Yeah, that's my assumption.

swatmc
07-24-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm sorry but this is the funniest clip ever.

Michael Moore loves to ask unfair, ridiculous questions.

He proposed the question about the "Senator Brown pledge" in hopes that he can prove all the presidential candidatates as raving hypocrites. And Michael Moore is correct, they are all hypocrites.

Except Ron Paul. :confused:

And I think it's good that Michael Moore isn't going to support Ron Paul... ever. That just increases his odds of winning that much more.

kalami
07-24-2007, 10:11 PM
random dude: Ron Paul already did that.
Chris Mathews:
*uhhh, gotta think of something real quick to marganlize Ron Paul*
Ron Paul is leaving congress!
*phew*

What was that? I know for certain that Ron Paul mentioned he filed papers to rerun for Congress. Does he know something we don't? ANd even if he was leaving Congress, doesn't he qualify for the pension program regardless?

swatmc
07-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Yeah. that was a pretty weak attempt to discredit Ron Paul.

Chris Matthews is one thick headed dude.

Wyurm
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Chris Mathews:
*phew*

What was that? I know for certain that Ron Paul mentioned he filed papers to rerun for Congress. Does he know something we don't? ANd even if he was leaving Congress, doesn't he qualify for the pension program regardless?

Yes, as mentioned above, Ron Paul won the 2008 elections and is going to be in the Whitehouse in 2009. As far as I understand it, you can not be both President and a Congressman at the same time. So, he is correct, President Paul will be leaving Congress.

Kuldebar
07-24-2007, 10:16 PM
Chris Mathews:
*phew*

I don't have a source, but I know that Paul and Kent have both said he is also running for reelection of his house seat. Don't forget Eric Dumdero is running against him...

austin356
07-24-2007, 10:25 PM
Yea Ron Paul is leaving Congress...........

To the White House.

micahnelson
07-24-2007, 10:29 PM
I like this trend "Ron Paul already Did it"

For instance, Fred Thompsons says "I would support legislation to close our border"
then we play the clip "Ron Paul already did it"

Shellshock1918
07-24-2007, 10:34 PM

LOL Good summary of the video.

Capitalism
07-24-2007, 11:13 PM
Don't forget Eric Dumdero is running against him...

I am sure Paul is REALLY scared! (sarcasm)

Capitalism
07-24-2007, 11:13 PM

With their own money too, not with taxpayer dollars.

michaelwise
07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
That MM and CM stunt didn't realize how much it can backfire on their political views.

james1906
07-24-2007, 11:18 PM
Eric Dunderhead will become the new Congressman from Texas. Why? Because Ron will be in the White House and Rick Perry will fill the seat with Dumbasso out of spite.

winston84
07-24-2007, 11:21 PM
I think thats awesome how an RP supporter was so quick to interject!

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 12:17 AM

I hear those Ron Paul supporters are as sharp as tacks! Well, fanatical, tin foil hat wearing tacks, but sharp!

:D

angelatc
07-25-2007, 12:20 AM
And this statement shows you're an intellectual?

:)

No, and I strive to stay out of the limelight for that very reason. I hate Michael Moore almost as much as I hate giuliani.

angelatc
07-25-2007, 12:23 AM

I am not sure why Moore said "That's sad."

(I guess it's because he's an idiot.)

michaelwise
07-25-2007, 01:14 AM
I am not sure why Moore said "That's sad."

(I guess it's because he's an idiot.)

MM is sad, because he didn't think about what he was saying before he said it.

Kuldebar
07-25-2007, 01:21 AM
I think cognitive dissonance might apply here regarding that video clip.