PDA

View Full Version : David and Goliath

jarofclay
01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
http://www.solarnavigator.net/history/explorers_history/david_and_goliath.jpg

Remember who wins this battle?

dave_mack33
01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
this entire election reminds me of the movie enemy of the state. apparently what we need is will smith and gene hackman.

Well, if they're big and you're small, then you're mobile and they're slow. You're hidden and they're exposed. You only fight battles you know you can win.

So I believe we'll see Thompson start to knock off Huckabee, Romney will bring down Mccain, and President Paul will win because he was always on target. Getting stronger while the others burned themselves down!

khorbis
01-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Ehn. You assume the story isn't fictional. Reality says that Goliath would have shrugged off a tiny stone to the head and crushed poor little David with his humongous feet.

Then again, I'm kinda cynical that way.

DrCap
01-12-2008, 05:58 PM
I have thought of this before, how RP is kind of like David... (David also was the symbol of Florence - in my mind the birth of the renaissance, which was instrumental to the value of the individual).

maybe the David analogy could play as our mascot? picture RP with a sling.

N13
01-12-2008, 06:01 PM
There is nothing better than when the underdog wins.

The struggle of the oppressed against the ruling elite is the battle.

Paulitical Correctness
01-12-2008, 06:06 PM
There is nothing better than when the underdog wins.

But you won't hear from the messenger,
don't wanna know 'bout some thing that you don't understand
You got no fear of the underdog,
that's why you will not survive!

Holly
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
I have thought of this before, how RP is kind of like David... (David also was the symbol of Florence - in my mind the birth of the renaissance, which was instrumental to the value of the individual).

maybe the David analogy could play as our mascot? picture RP with a sling.

Yes, he is rather like David with tenacity and integrity as well. Let's hope his stone is well aimed.

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 07:05 PM
Ehn. You assume the story isn't fictional. Reality says that Goliath would have shrugged off a tiny stone to the head and crushed poor little David with his humongous feet.

HAHAHAHAHAHA. what? who gave you the voice of "reality."

History has shown plenty of underdog wins in the face of even the most unlikely odds, time and time and time again.

that was a pretty idiotic statement.

Bluedevil
01-12-2008, 07:08 PM
funny old video

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6H6vazOz018

lynnf
01-12-2008, 08:02 PM

hah! I seem to recall reading an article a few years ago that said scientific research has shown that giants suffer from a common malady: a paper-thin section of the skull on the front of the forehead, just perfect vulnerability for a stone throw!

maybe there's more to the story than you're willing to give it.

lynn