PDA

View Full Version : From someone at the SC debate..OMG

Crickett
01-12-2008, 03:44 PM
Still think the FOX/GOP fix not in? Read this from someone who was there.

http://www.ronpaulusa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2945

Thanks, I edited the title..had NH on the brain..

Churchill2004
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
SC, not NH. Paul was excluded from the NH debate.

PatriotOne
01-12-2008, 03:52 PM
Hey. The forum you are linking to is quoting from THIS forum. Though I hadn't seen the post here.

1-11-08

Yesterday was an exciting day as my friends and I attended the SC GOP debate at Myrtle Beach, FL. FOX news did their best to try to keep Ron Paul supporters out of their rigged crowd, but through the grace of God we succeeded in watching the second half from our purchased seats. Here is the story.

As we drove through the security checkpoints leading up to the debate parking lot, it gave you the sense that FOX was going through a lot of trouble to control access to the debate. We were not worried though, because we had reserved tickets so far ahead of time, that we paid a discounted price of $20, instead of $150. However, when we reached the last checkpoint before entering the convention center, the man with the list couldn't seem to find most of the Ron Paul supporters on the list, including my friends and I. I watched one RP supporter after another being turned away. Some of them briefly argued before leaving, but the policeman simply said he couldn't do anything, he was just following orders. It surprised me that the policeman had not been briefed on how to respond to ticket holders who didn't end up on the list. My friends and I did not back down, we knew we were supposed to be on that list. Finally, an official from the RP campaign came out with a handful of reserve tickets and made sure that those who had reserved tickets made it through the checkpoint. This was at 8:30PM. We knew that they were closing the doors to the convention center at 8:30PM so we ran to the doors from the last checkpoint muttering that it was ridiculous to finally pass out reserve tickets AFTER 8:30, but we were determined to get in anyway. When we got to the door, a man walked over from a small group of security guards to tell us that we were to late. This caused an immediate uproar of mixed responses. Some people were arguing with the guard, some began to turn and walk off yelling about FOX losing the collegiate vote, I even saw an old woman start crying! Suddenly, some McCain supporters that had shown up a little late WERE LET IN RIGHT IN FRONT OF US. This caused a very angry response from our crowd. Some of the crowd of security guards that had been growing since we first reached the door started to make their way out side. They formed a line along the outside of the convention center to look menacing and I noticed a security van pull up behind us. I noticed the old lady that was still crying was joined by one of her friends, who quietly told her to have hope and to pray, and it would all be worked out. Directly inside the convention center, it looked like every guard on duty had made their way to our door. Suddenly, one of my friends shouted, "Here comes the reinforcements!", pointing to two cameramen from the local news sprinting our way from the media tents. The security official that had been urgently telling us there was nothing he could do now looked nervously over his shoulder to his superior who was standing safely inside. One cameraman started interviewing each of the angry supporters left outside. One person pointed out that there were thousands of dollars worth of ticketholders being left outside due to a time technicality while others were let in despite showing up late. When the huge microphone was placed in front of the security official, who had let the other supporters in, his response was a flushed face and a stutter about us being late. His superior quickly walked up and whispered something in his ear, and he then said that we would be able to get in during the next break, but that we had to be quiet because they were about to start recording inside.

The local news came close to getting a full story on FOX's attempt to rig the crowd, but we were rushed in before many interviews could take place. They posted a few quotes on their website though:
http://www.wpde.com/news/news_story.aspx?id=83727

Once we had made it through the medal detectors, we were told that the next break was in 20 minutes and given instructions on how to find out seats. After about 20 minutes had passed, the official walked up and said that he had made a mistake, and that it would be another 15 to 20 minutes until the break. After about another 10 minutes, another official walked up and said "Don't shoot the messenger" but I am told that you cannot come in until the intermission, which will be another 20 minutes. During the intermission, we marched in to the dismay of FOX. We made up for our exclusion during the first half of the debate during the second half. We booed loudly when Romney criticized Paul for saying that we don't need another war. Again, we booed loudly when Huckabee said that we should send the Iranians to hell. Overall, it was a great experience and I feel like we infiltrated a FOX debate (even though we had tickets) and foiled their attempts to rig the crowd.

Crickett
01-12-2008, 03:58 PM
lol me either...we are one..

InLoveWithRon
01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
That is already posted on this board..

Here's the thread- it's 3 pages long

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87624

jsu718
01-12-2008, 09:17 PM
Dr. Paul WAS in the New Hampshire debate, just not the "forum" that Fox News hosted.

MalcolmGandi
01-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Yeah, I was one of the people outside, it totally sucked. Good to see people get so pissed off!

nc4rp
01-13-2008, 12:29 AM
wow and this was just a debate. whats it going to be like as the race gets more heated. what tactics will they resort to out of desperation.