PDA

View Full Version : Brainwashed Neocons

robskicks
01-12-2008, 03:33 PM
My Dad supports Bush and loves Rush Limbaugh.

It's funny how we always saw these movies where the government brainwashed people in the future... and when talking to real people (albeit neocons) about fox news or whatever... they simply tune you out and say "your wrong," without any evidence (they wont look at any). I literally feel sometimes that I'm not talking to my father because it is not a rationally thinking man (only when we talk about this of course). We must remember what we're dealing with. How long do you think it took fox to blind these people into literally fearing the United States being attacked?

I guess it's a bit arrogant of me to think I can change his views in a couple of months.... The funny part is he has lapses where I think he's seeing the light. He'll mention, "I saw Ron Paul talking in a debate and I think I might vote for him," one night. And the next week (after some more fox news knowledge) he'll call Paul a kook. After a couple months of pushing Ron Paul, it seems I'm convincing him less and less lately, because I've been pushing the whole Fox news is the slime of the earth, maybe I've just gotten lazy.

Cleaner44
01-12-2008, 03:39 PM
Fox and Rush use very good techniques and they work. People like your father know that something is wrong but they believe the problem is Hillary and they don't realize Dems and GOP is all the same. Try this on your dad, ask him why Rupert Murdoch would hold a fund raiser for Hillary, which he did.

kirkblitz
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM

It's funny how we always saw these movies where the government brainwashed people in the future... and when talking to real people (albeit neocons) about fox news or whatever... they simply tune you out and say "your wrong," without any evidence (they wont look at any). I literally feel sometimes that I'm not talking to my father because it is not a rationally thinking man (only when we talk about this of course). We must remember what we're dealing with. How long do you think it took fox to blind these people into literally fearing the United States being attacked?

I guess it's a bit arrogant of me to think I can change his views in a couple of months.... The funny part is he has lapses where I think he's seeing the light. He'll mention, "I saw Ron Paul talking in a debate and I think I might vote for him," one night. And the next week (after some more fox news knowledge) he'll call Paul a kook. After a couple months of pushing Ron Paul, it seems I'm convincing him less and less lately, because I've been pushing the whole Fox news is the slime of the earth, maybe I've just gotten lazy.

I had a discussion with a relative the other day and they told me to grow up because i supported Ron Paul... One of his arguments was that the terrorists will all come over here in instant and its better for Americans to die in Iraq then here... Why do they need to die at all?

Another thing he thinks is McCain is not pro amnesty, even though he supported it last year and he KNOWS that... Fox news at its finest.

Chester Copperpot
01-12-2008, 03:45 PM

There is a key to do it.. IF.. and I mean *IF* you can get your dad to stop watching all news for ONE WEEK.. NO TV, NO RADIO, NO NEWSPAPER, NONE...

And in that week's time his brain will begin to reset and the brainwashing (conditioning) that has happened will diminish..

After ONE WEEK's time when he resumes watching news his brain will automatically be able to critically think whereas before it didnt. He will ask question that he formerly didnt. He will begin to think more and more on his own.

Perhaps you can entice him with a bet? If you both swear off news for a week

Charles Wilson
01-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Fox and Rush use very good techniques and they work. People like your father know that something is wrong but they believe the problem is Hillary and they don't realize Dems and GOP is all the same. Try this on your dad, ask him why Rupert Murdoch would hold a fund raiser for Hillary, which he did.

Also, ask your father if he supports more empire building overseas while we are going broke here at home. Point out all of the billions of dollars we are borrowing from China and giving to foreign dictators while our home owners are losing their homes at a record rate. Remind him of the devastation of the recession and depression of the 20s and 30s. Point out the fact that SS and other entitlement programs are going broke. We are in for some very tough times if we do not elect Ron Paul. All of the other candidates are in denial -- just listen to their rhetoric.

BTW: I will be 70 this March so I know the affect brainwashing has on us. I am fortunate that I participated on another blog for a number of years where I learned to think for myself. It took me awhile but common sense won out.