PDA

View Full Version : My first post :)

andrewk78
01-12-2008, 02:40 PM
I have been a big RP fan over the years, but due to the media blackout on him I didn't even know he was running up until the Iowa primaries. Since I have found out I have told all of my family and friends about it him. Most think that he is right on.

Personally I think that I have realized that he will not win the nomination. I really don't think this was ever bout him winning it. I will not stop pushing him no matter what happens. He could poll at 0% or 100% and I don't care. 100 years of tyranny cannot be undone in a few weeks. This campaign needs to never quit regardless of the primary outcome. We need to make people realize that all of this matters 24/7 not just once every four years.

I was talking with my sister last night about RP and talking to my sister about him vs. the rest of the republicans vs. the democrats, she is not into politics at all, and even she was saying outside of Ron Paul they are all the same person anymore. I have only talked to her for about 20 minutes about RP and she saw it that soon. The people are ready we just need to give the movement a voice.

Anyway I'm in MN if anyone from there reads this please pm and tell me what I can do.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 02:41 PM
Welcome to the forum, Andrew!
We're glad you're here! :)

constituent
01-12-2008, 02:41 PM
welcome!

derdy
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I have been a big RP fan over the years, but due to the media blackout on him I didn't even know he was running up until the Iowa primaries. Since I have found out I have told all of my family and friends about it him. Most think that he is right on.

Personally I think that I have realized that he will not win the nomination. I really don't think this was ever bout him winning it. I will not stop pushing him no matter what happens. He could poll at 0% or 100% and I don't care. 100 years of tyranny cannot be undone in a few weeks. This campaign needs to never quit regardless of the primary outcome. We need to make people realize that all of this matters 24/7 not just once every four years.

I was talking with my sister last night about RP and talking to my sister about him vs. the rest of the republicans vs. the democrats, she is not into politics at all, and even she was saying outside of Ron Paul they are all the same person anymore. I have only talked to her for about 20 minutes about RP and she saw it that soon. The people are ready we just need to give the movement a voice.

Anyway I'm in MN if anyone from there reads this please pm and tell me what I can do.

Don't forget to sign up at your local meetup group

ronpaul.meetup.com

WElcome to the forums!

Bradley in DC
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
I have been a big RP fan over the years, but due to the media blackout on him I didn't even know he was running up until the Iowa primaries.

Thanks for supporting Dr. Paul and welcome to the forum.

sgrooms
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM

Highstreet
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
Welcome. And don't believe the Unelectability hype.

kojirodensetsu
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
What yo could do is 1) join a meet up group 2) tell more people about ron paul 3) donate money to him on martin luther king jr day (jan 21st)

ThinkAwake
01-12-2008, 02:45 PM

Interesting, your first post and your calling him unelectable? The rest of your post is okay, but the attitude 'round these parts is WIN and WIN only... act accordingly :)

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
01-12-2008, 02:46 PM
Welcome to the Revolution! That was a great post but I just wanted to point out one error contained in it. You stated that you believe Ron Paul cannot secure the nomination but I KNOW he can. We all just need to stand our ground and work as hard as we can every single day. Keep talking to friends and family and you can even start talking to strangers you come face to face with. If we keep working and keep fighting and NEVER let the media tell us that we simply cannot win than we have a real chance at taking our country back!

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
Welcome, friend.

defcreative
01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
Welcome!

Look at the trend over the last few months, there has been huge leaps and bounds. If this continues, which it will and it is, we most certainly have a chance at the nomination if we work hard for it.

derdy
01-12-2008, 02:49 PM
make sure you become a precinct captain!

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

lucius
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Welcome!

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
You didn't know Dr. Paul was running? Man Dr. Paul, use the money to put the ads out.

Kingfisher
01-12-2008, 03:07 PM
Welcome, Patriot!

andrewk78
01-12-2008, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the welcome everyone!!

I wouldn't say he is unelectable. I personally don't think he will win, but it doesn't deter me at all. If anything it adds more fuel to the fire. If everyone knew his platform and positions he would probably take 80-90% in every primary and general election.

I'll see about being a preceinct captain. I'm also taking my cousins and a 10-20 of their friends to my local primary. I have to buy them all diner afterwards, but a small price to pay.

nc4rp
01-12-2008, 03:09 PM
Personally I think that I have realized that he will not win the nomination. I really don't think this was ever bout him winning it. can do.

Welcome to the grassroots!

i am happy to inform you that you are mistaken about the above quote. We arent donating our food money, gas money, christmas money. etc etc because we think he cant win.

A candidate needs 1192 delegates to win the nomination. Romney currently leads with 17.

The thing about Paul is that he has Staying Power and loyal supporters. people everywhere realize that hes being censored by the media, and the less attention he gets by teh media, the more avg. people are getting miffed by it and want to stick up for the underdog....

RonPaulFTFW
01-12-2008, 03:11 PM
welcome, we need your energy, thoughts and money!

amy31416
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
make sure you become a precinct captain!

https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/

I second, third and fourth that!

Perhaps the other supporters you know would care to join you in becoming precinct captains.

I mean, it's like being a rock star of the Paul campaign. And who doesn't want that? :cool:

Paul10
01-12-2008, 03:18 PM

andrewk78
01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the grassroots!

i am happy to inform you that you are mistaken about the above quote. We arent donating our food money, gas money, christmas money. etc etc because we think he cant win.

A candidate needs 1192 delegates to win the nomination. Romney currently leads with 17.

The thing about Paul is that he has Staying Power and loyal supporters. people everywhere realize that hes being censored by the media, and the less attention he gets by teh media, the more avg. people are getting miffed by it and want to stick up for the underdog....

I would love it if he won!!!! Just my personal opinion. It wont hold me back from giving my time, money and voice.

shrapnel88
01-12-2008, 03:22 PM
welcome to the revolution, my friend!

walt
01-12-2008, 03:27 PM
Quote:
Thanks for supporting Dr. Paul and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, the "media blackout" is imposed by the Paul official campaign towards the media.

+1

nuklbone
01-12-2008, 03:42 PM
I totally agree. Unlike most of the other candidates, I believe Dr. Paul is truly doing this for us (not himself) and for the ideas that he believes in. Regardless of what happens, he wins. And by keeping these ideas alive, we all win.

angelatc
01-12-2008, 03:43 PM

Visit ronpaul2008.com and sign up to be a precinct leader. We must get off the internet to win.