PDA

View Full Version : Success! On a talk radio show.

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 02:33 PM
Greetings All,

Recently I've been calling into local talk radio shows. Today I was speaking to Andrew Clarksenior, an African-American "conservative" commentator on WREC600 radio out of Memphis, TN. We've gone back and forth several times and he's said some pretty despicable things like "Ron Paul hates America" and "Ron Paul calls America evil". Obviously I take exception to these statements.

Today I called in intending to make a point about how I though the Republicans would likely be facing a Clinton/Obama ticket and how they would lose the election if they ran on a pro-war platform. But he straight off asked me a question about Ron Paul and we started talking. I wish I could remember the details of the call but I never can. But he made a comment about me loving Ron Paul and I came back with no, if it weren't for his voting record I wouldn't support him. Andrew then said something about being a strict Constitutionalist and I said yes Ron Paul always votes according to the Constitution.

Then the most amazing thing happened! Mr. Clarksenior actually came out and said that in today's complex world we can't always follow the Constitution! Again, I don't recall the exact words but it was very clear to me that he was stating that times have changed and that America can no longer follow the Constitution because the world is too dangerous. I immediately thanked him for being willing to admit that he thinks the Constitution is outdated and of course he started back-pedeling and saying if we strictly followed the constitution slavery would be legal. I was able to point out that the Constitution was not a perfect document but that's why we can ammend it like we did when we abolished slavery

Again, I never remember the details of these calls very well but it seemed to me that I got this so-called "conservative" to come right out and admit on the air that America shouldn't follow the Constitution anymore. I really believe that many of the so-called "conservatives" are really just big-government apoligists that pay lip service to the Constitution out of habit, and now I've heard for myself on a small scale that this is true.

I really hope others listening heard this and will wonder about Andrew Clarksenior, who calls himself a conservative and argues for Republicans, but who admits that America no longer needs to follow the Constitution. Sadly, too many American's probably agree with him.

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
I don't know if will make an impression but I'm going to send Andrew Clarksenior this to read:

http://www.ronpauliswrong.com/

Highstreet
01-12-2008, 02:48 PM
That's a great site.

All the info is in the same place.

Bush's foreign policy is just a Nanny State Foreign Policy. It is weak, and will crumble whether we change it or not. Paul's is the only strong one.

Jeremy
01-12-2008, 02:51 PM
The thing about the Constitution...

If you don't like something about it, change it. But ignoring it is the worst thing to do

(RP said that actually... paraphrased)

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 02:54 PM
When Paul is nominated, he needs a commercial that says vote Democrat if you want change from Nanny state Foreign policies to nanny state domestic policies.

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 03:01 PM
My follow-up email, like it's going to make any difference.

Greetings Mr. Clarksenior,

You mentioned today that the world is too complex for the United States to continue to follow the Constitution. If you have a few minutes please visit this site and read why Ron Paul is correct in wanting our Government to continue to strictly follow the Constitution.

http://www.ronpauliswrong.com/

Just look at it this way, if you think it's ok for President Bush to ignore the Constitution for reasons you agree with, what's to prevent a future President from ignoring the Constitution for reasons you disagree with?

Never give to government any more power than you would wish for your enemies to have over you. You never know when your enemies might get elected. I'd hate for a President Clinton to decide that conservative talk radio is too dangerous and should be silenced, and since we now live in a "complex world" she doesn't have to worry about following the Constitution anymore.

Clinton and Boxer Discuss ‘Legislative Fix’ to 'Influence' Conservative Talk Radio
http://www.newsbusters.org/node/13661

Yours In Liberty,

William C Colley

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 04:57 PM
shameless bump for self-congradulations.