PDA

View Full Version : Ron's response to Fox News Electibility Question

JenaS62
01-12-2008, 02:13 PM
Does Faux News own that video? Could we use it in a commercial? I'm just thinking that if Faux News is so intent on hiding or not showing that video - it may be just what the RP campaign needs to get out to the masses. It's certainly thought provoking.

Just a thought.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I believe that you CAN use the footage. I've seen it done in political TV spots before. But I'm not 100% sure.

Anyway last night I spent about 5 minutes putting together samples of what those TV spots might look like:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KkP-28eDb0A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukvnHjdnJf4

JenaS62
01-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Excellent videos. I do have a small suggestion though. Instead of showing RP speaking - how about the commercial just has him speaking - then the listener will have to pay attention to the message and not be distracted by the image. That message is so powerful. Again - just a thought.

NorwegianLibertarian
01-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Rudy used lots of TV news coverage in his ad that Olberman dissed. But he put a fake TV-frame around the clips, maybe thats needed in order to be able to use them. If not he must have spent alot of money buying rights.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
They removed the popular video of it from Youtube, AND they never re-aired it when theyr e-aired the debate. they spliced it out. what a bunch of assholes.

pacelli
01-12-2008, 02:37 PM
You might not be able to use the footage or audio of the question being asked, but, I would think that if you had Dr. Paul's consent to use his audio & video it would be difficult for Fox to combat.

rpfan2008
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Hey guys how about having a Ron Paul News Footage Archive,
of decent resolutions, I believe there are many vid compositors out there supporting Ron Paul but dont have enough time to capture the vids themselves.
It will be a great help for those who have kool ideas but lacks proper footage to act. Give it a thought it wont hurt I believe.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
This is a legal issue that only a person who works in this field can really answer. I believe there is a "fair use" issue here that would allow the debate footage to be used.

And actually, I very much disagree with saying that we should not show Ron speaking. That is the biggest mistake we have made so far, trying to hide Ron or disguise him as an average Republican in all our ads. Ross Perot was not exactly Brad Pitt. Actually, he had big ears and a squeaky voice like Ron, but Perot was leading both Clinton and Bush for a while in 1992 race with little pieces of wisdom like Ron laid out in the SC debate the other night.

We need to stop hiding Ron and get him out there.

JenaS62
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
This is a legal issue that only a person who works in this field can really answer. I believe there is a "fair use" issue here that would allow the debate footage to be used.

And actually, I very much disagree with saying that we should not show Ron speaking. That is the biggest mistake we have made so far, trying to hide Ron or disguise him as an average Republican in all our ads. Ross Perot was not exactly Brad Pitt. Actually, he had big ears and a squeaky voice like Ron, but Perot was leading both Clinton and Bush for a while in 1992 race with little pieces of wisdom like Ron laid out in the SC debate the other night.

We need to stop hiding Ron and get him out there.

I'm sorry, I did not mean hide him. Maybe show one still picture during the audio.

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 02:47 PM
Excellent videos. I do have a small suggestion though. Instead of showing RP speaking - how about the commercial just has him speaking - then the listener will have to pay attention to the message and not be distracted by the image. That message is so powerful. Again - just a thought.

YES! AWSOME IDEA!

That will also negate the possibility of copyright infringement, as Fox can not own audio of him speaking.

No one really needs to know it was from a debate anyway, it's just the message that matters. That way, more imagery can be used for visual appeal and marketing potential.

I like this idea!

We need to use at LEAST the audio of him saying that. We need to read between the lines of why Fox is editing that part out. Obviously, they know it's powerful, so WE NEED TO BE USING IT!

Paul4Prez
01-12-2008, 02:50 PM
You could re-stage it, with a mock interviewer and Ron Paul giving basically the same answer.