PDA

View Full Version : No Matter WHAT, People, We Must Never Allow Ourselves to Be DIVIDED

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 01:38 PM
I'm a 9/11 truther, and I used to be active in spreading awareness about what I perceive to be lies about the official explanation for 9/11.

It's been about 2 years now for me, and I've since given up on that. I see so much divisiion within the so-called 9/11 truth movement, that I don't see how it will ever possibly become mainstream.

What I've seen in the Ron Paul Movement however, is the kind of unity among such a diverse group of people that this country hasn't seen since the 60's.

This is our biggest strength!!

However, I'm starting to already see the signs of division. If we allow ourselves to be divided, WE LOSE!!!!

The establishment knows that unity is their biggest adversary, so if we resort to arguing and fighting about this campaign, we are only helping to further the agenda of the establishment, and we will watch as another piece of shit becomes the President of the US.

There's nothing for us to be arguing about!! The only thing we have to do is help ONE MAN win the presidency! All we need to do is make people aware of who he is, and what his message is, and the rest falls right into place.

We can't make everyone a supporter. Some people just don't like his message. So what. Many DO, and we know it.

PLEASE, people! PLEASE don't let this movement become divided like the 9/11 truth movement has. Even if you aren't a 9/11 truther, you still have to be able to recognize the common goal that people are risking their reputations for. It's the same thing with the Ron Paul Movement. There's a REASON why 9/11 truthers flock to RP. It's the same reason the non-9/11 truthers do:

THE MESSAGE.

Let's not be our own worst enemy, ok folks?

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 01:45 PM
bump

driller80545
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
bump

ThinkAwake
01-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Strength in unity!

Enemies Domestic
01-12-2008, 02:20 PM
So say we all.

Eponym_mi
01-12-2008, 02:27 PM
I'm a 9/11 truther

Fine...just shut up about it. You'll get a lot more respect describing yourself as a Ron Paul supporter and bringing up topics like this elsewhere.

Richie
01-12-2008, 02:31 PM
Fine...just shut up about it. You'll get a lot more respect describing yourself as a Ron Paul supporter and bringing up topics like this elsewhere.

This is the kind of division he's talking about.

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 02:34 PM
Absolutely true.

Time is running short - we all need to put our pet issues aside and stick to Dr. Paul's message. THAT is the message that can win this election. If it wasn't, we would not all be here.

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 02:38 PM

Thanks for proving the point of this thread.

Highstreet
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
Unified for Freedom!!

We only have power if we stick together as Free Men and Women.

Eponym_mi
01-12-2008, 02:43 PM
Thanks for proving the point of this thread.

I support Ron Paul. I don't support your other issues, and neither does Ron Paul. If you support Ron Paul, we'll leave it at that. Otherwise, go start a forum somewhere else for the purpose of discussing your issue because doing so here gives people the impression that Ron Paul supporters are nutjobs. This is bad for Ron Paul.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 02:54 PM
I'll tell ya what's pissing me off.

It's you self indulgent pricks wanking yourselves again.

I wish you'd get out there and vote!

I've donated "big time," and you guys have let me down.

I'm losing hope.

jd603
01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Seconded.

We must stand together and do what we can to make the country understand our view and why it is the right one.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Robert Kennedy on the night Martin Luther King Jr was assassinated.

What we need in the United States is not division; what we need in the United States is not hatred; what we need in the United States is not violence and lawlessness, but is love and wisdom, and compassion toward one another, and a feeling of justice toward those who still suffer within our country, whether they be white or whether they be black.

So I ask you tonight to return home, to say a prayer for the family of Martin Luther King, yeah that's true, but more importantly to say a prayer for our own country, which all of us love - a prayer for understanding and that compassion of which I spoke. We can do well in this country. We will have difficult times. We've had difficult times in the past. And we will have difficult times in the future. It is not the end of violence; it is not the end of lawlessness; and it's not the end of disorder.

But the vast majority of white people and the vast majority of black people in this country want to live together, want to improve the quality of our life, and want justice for all human beings that abide in our land.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
Nice thoughts, but how about...

Voting.

Bilgefisher
01-12-2008, 03:03 PM
Take a large ferrous rock (Iron), inside that rock are billions of tiny little magnetic ferrite acting in thousands of different directions. If you take and align all those ferrites to act in the same direction you get a powerful magnet. Billions of people acting on their own are nothing more then a worthless rock, get them to act together and you have one of the most powerful forces known to man.

seapilot
01-12-2008, 03:06 PM
This forum has to be historically the most diverse collection of individuals and ideas, backgrounds on the entire world wide web.

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 03:07 PM
I support Ron Paul. I don't support your other issues, and neither does Ron Paul. If you support Ron Paul, we'll leave it at that. Otherwise, go start a forum somewhere else for the purpose of discussing your issue because doing so here gives people the impression that Ron Paul supporters are nutjobs. This is bad for Ron Paul.

Hey dude, the media's already taking care of that one.

I just want you to realize that 9/11 truthers are the one's who initially started going viral about Ron Paul. If it wasn't for me becoming open to the idea of 9/11 truth, I probably wouldn't have heard of Ron Paul, because I don't watch TV news. I learned about him by researching 9/11 and finding out he was the only one in congress with some balls.

How could you be a RP supporter, and want to marginalize his support? Do you realize how many votes he would lose if 9/11 truthers dumped him?

Everyone's entitled to their opinions, and everyone's entitled to support any candidate they wish. 9/11 truth isn't hurting Ron Paul NEARLY as much as the racism allegations, and the potential division that may be ensuing.

I was making a point about how movements are infiltrated and divided from within, and the 9/11 truth movement is a prime example. That's why people argue about whether lazer beams from outer space brought down the towers, or dynamite, and whether a missile hit the pentagon, or something else besides a plane.

I see the signs that these same kinds of divisive tactics are going to be implemented in this movement as well. We are very much united right now in this movement, and the establishment recognizes it.

United we stand, divided we fall, right?

Just keep an open mind, is all I'm saying.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
This forum has to be historically the most diverse collection of individuals and ideas, backgrounds on the entire world wide web.

+1

What could unite this diverse collections of individuals,
is if you could beat Grandpa to the polls, and...

FUCKING VOTE!

driller80545
01-12-2008, 03:14 PM
+1

FUCKING VOTE!

hahahahahahahaha bump

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Get your shit together. In your State, and get the job done!

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 03:18 PM
Freedom brings us together. I will support the rights of those I disagree with so long as they are not out to harm me or mine.

I've been guilty of posting some things that offended some people ("It's the Constitution Stupid!" in threads about lurkers and newbies).

I stopped. I changed. I want to help Ron Paul become President. So now I say:

It's The Constitution, Not The Man

Please everyone, don't fail to check out the Liberty Candidates sub-forum, after this campaign is over and done with that's where the future of the rEVOLution lies.

CountryboyRonPaul
01-12-2008, 03:20 PM
+1

FUCKING VOTE!

QFT

Don't leave it at just voting... You need to carpool to the polls, bring your friends, family, GF, whatever, MAKE SURE Dr. Paul is getting all the support that you can muster for him. It doesn't take long, and it's the most important thing you can do for the campaign.

Anyone on this message board that is willing to spend one hour posting on threads, but not spend thirty minutes to go vote deserves every bit of Neo-Con in your face government interference in their lives that is coming to them.

humanic
01-12-2008, 03:24 PM
The "9/11 Truth Movement" has allowed itself to become divided by not recognizing how the game is played. You are right: if we do not understand this here and now, we risk having this movement divided and conquered from within.

I think for a lot of people, realizing all of the blatant lies surrounding 9/11, the holes in the official story, the extremely important questions that still linger that were not addressed in the Commission (Omission) Report or by the mainstream media, it was a wake-up call. People sat up and said "Hey. Wait. What the hell is going on here?" However, due to inexperience, many were baited by hoaxes and red herrings that served to undermine their own credibility. Researching 9/11 is a minefield of disinformation.

Example: The "no planes" hoax (http://www.oilempire.us/no-plane-timeline.html). It is no coincidence that in the minds of most Americans the so-called 9/11 Truth Movement is synonymous with the idea that either a plane did not actually hit the pentagon, or the planes were not the right size, or the planes did not have windows, or the planes were actually holigrams, or the planes were piloted by Captain Crunch, etc. There is a reason that the media only gives people with these views, who are actually a fringe minority, a voice, while shutting out legitimate researchers, scientists, journalist, researchers, first-responders, and family members who have been asking legitimate questions. You lump all of these people in the same category, call it "9/11 Truth", and discredit all of them (perception is everything). Aside from those on the fringe, "9/11 Truth" is really just a group of people asking perfectly legitimate questions; questions which arise when looking at mainstream news reports, listening to statements of top government officials, and reading the reports issued by panels commissioned by the government. Sadly, most people don't even realize that so many legitimate questions even exist due to disinformation and biased, manipulative media coverage.

Likewise, The Ron Paul Revolution is simply a group of people asking perfectly legimate questions that deserve answers. Why are we passing laws which violate the Constitution? Why are we violating the Bill of Rights? Why are we engauged in illegal wars? Why are we claiming to be fighting a "War On Terrorism" while not securing the borders? Why do we continue to spend money we don't have, then cause inflation by printing more, or borrow it from other countries? Why do we even have the Federal Reserve? Why do we need the income tax? And on and on and on.

The same games that have been played against "9/11 Truth" activists are already being played against us. Divide and conquer has always been the most effective way to destroy any group, from a small movement to an entire nation. We see the media blackouts, the name-calling, the floated rumors, the insinuations, the marginalization, the exlusions, the smears, the voter fraud, the manipulative reporting. If we let these things divide us, we will lose. We need to recognize that this is how the game is played and act accordingly; namely, with solidarity. We need to remember that what brings us all together are the questions that we all have, and that, in fact, most Americans have. (And coincidentally, we all know the answer to all of the questions above: "There is no real reason except to benefit a small minority of elites at the cost of our own liberty.")

Do not be discouraged. Do not let them divide us. Respectful criticism and mutual education is necessary, but do not turn on the people who want to stand next to you and scream these questions (and their answer) until we make this country and world a place where true peace and liberty for all exists

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 03:26 PM
This campaign requires forward motion and not fighting with one another. If this were an actual race, how could we ever expect to win when we have stopped and are bickering with each other? We can't, we have to leave those who are stuck on silly, petty issues behind. We can't even waste our time fighting with the official campaign, we just have to pick up the slack and do their job for them. Try to get word out that they aren't doing what we feel they should, and move on ahead.

Imagine we are running for our lives. What happens if you stop and argue with the guy you are running with? I agree most definitely with the OP. Now let's run!!!

Brother Butch
01-12-2008, 03:31 PM
Little blast from the past brothers and sisters.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJ9XkCzH77c&feature=related

nc4rp
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
seems like the harder they try to divide us, the more consolidated we actually become.....

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 03:40 PM
I'm a truther, and feel no compulsion to over-step Ron Paul boundaries.

When others on this forum, goad and attack truthers, I get very upset. But I try not to be baited.

During the meantime... Let's live and let live...

jmdrake
01-23-2008, 09:43 PM

First to NoMoreApathy, thanks for posting this thread. I missed it earlier but I'm glad someone else pointed it out.

To Eponym_mi: I've pointed this out umpteen times already, but I'll do it again. The reason Ron Paul is associated with "9/11 nutjobs" is NOT NOT NOT because of posts on this or any other forum! It's because of Ron Paul hanging out with people like Alex Jones. If you're upset about this take it up with Ron Paul! Approximately 1/3 of Americans believe the government might have been involved with 9/11. If ALL of those people were supporting Paul (and actually voting) he'd be LEADING in the polls right now.

Really, if someone had said "I'm gay and I support Ron Paul" or "I'm pro choice but I support Ron Paul" would you tell THAT person to "shut up"?

And finally, its all of the flaming of 9/11 truthers that keep the 9/11 truth threads front and center. But regardless I'd rather have 9/11 threads at the top of "hot topics" than all of the racist threads we had recently.

Regards,

John M. Drake

Enzo
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Absolutely... there's a million reasons we can all find to disagree with each other...

Ultimately, it's just a frustrating waste of energy and time. We all need each other.

It's so amazing that such a diverse group of people are coming together for such a needed cause.

I don't think I've ever been a part of something so big and powerful...yet so individual in my life.

bp2519
01-23-2008, 09:55 PM
Anyone else find this thread completely ironic?

charger
01-23-2008, 10:00 PM
I am not a young man. I have seen the same tactics for decades. Their goal is to divide an concour using any method possible.
We need to continue the message even if Ron Paul isn't the nominee.
Our common goal is freedom. On any other issue we can disagree. But we need to fight for our right to be free.
We need to cover each others back. Not attack each other.
When we start in fighting they start winning.
Our number one goal must be to educate as many of the sheeple as possible.
Many of them want to see the light we just need to show them the way.

RobS
01-23-2008, 10:04 PM

You realize you just attacked him for saying the exact thing your saying? :eek: He said he is a 9/11 truther, but that it doesn't matter and that he doesn't bring it up whatsoever when campaigning for Paul. He is saying we need to just talk about the things that we agree on: Ron Paul & his message.

It's like you have a pavlovian response to "9/11 truth".

BreakYourChains
01-23-2008, 10:05 PM
I'm with you! Do not let the paid antagonists divide this movement! I think this is what happened to 911 truth. That, and the message is too shocking for an unawakened person to believe or see. We have to start right where we are, with the message of freedom. Never give it up! Remember this, when others attack each other. Ask yourself why?