PDA

View Full Version : Fred is a federalist.

steph3n
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
He has said it many times, I think one should see exactly what Federalism is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federalist_Party_(United_States)

nate895
01-12-2008, 12:34 PM
I think he's talking about the Federalism where the states have the say in most matters. The Federalist Party pretty much stole the name, they aren't real Federalists, they just took the name because it was politically expedient.

steph3n
01-12-2008, 12:36 PM
I think he's talking about the Federalism where the states have the say in most matters. The Federalist Party pretty much stole the name, they aren't real Federalists, they just took the name because it was politically expedient.

I don't think so, anti-federalism was the fight against a stronger central government.
FEDERALISM is for a STRONGER central government.

FunkBuddha
01-12-2008, 12:57 PM
Alexander Hamilton and his buddies pretty much hijacked the word "federalist". That led Thomas Jefferson and his peeps to call themselves "anti-federalists". Nowadays though, a federalist is considered to be someone who favors a weak central government with more power to the states.

It's kinda like how modern progressives have stolen the word liberal. If they knew what it really meant, they wouldn't call themselves that.

danberkeley
01-12-2008, 04:45 PM
Alexander Hamilton and his buddies didnt want a strong FEDERAL government. They wanted a strong NATIONAL government. A federal government meant that the 13 colonies gained/kept their sovereignty as independant states akin to England, Spain, France. A national government, however, meant that the colonies lost their sovereignty and The United States would have ultimate sovereignty. Read the Articles of Confederation and the Decleration of Independance.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM

That's why Jefferson named his party the Republican Party, instead of the Anti-Federalist Party, because Hamilton hijacked the name federalist for his centralist movement.

HOLLYWOOD
01-12-2008, 05:54 PM
FRED is A... FAT F*CKING SELFISH LAZY LYING PIG who's in his 70's with a 4 year old and 8 month children, with a wife young enough to be his grand daughter (Rednecks are usually rednecks by 30)lol J/K

I wonder how he scored so high in FAMILY VALUES and the CONSRVATIVE FAMILY? Do we all go out and find spouses to have children with, even though we've been collecting Social Security for 15 years?