PDA

View Full Version : i cant stand it anymore

Srg1
01-12-2008, 12:05 PM
I cant stand the cnns abc nbc ect silencing what really happen at this debate

-no comment on mccain being racist with the burka comment

-Ron being the only true candidate of CHANGE,yet u never hear his name being mention with change

-How according to the media macain came out of the debate unscathed even tho ron paul showed who mccain really was,with the 100 year war comment,and the look on mccain face was priceless,but i have yet to see it on cnn or anywhere but the net.

-The disrespect towards paul the laughs towards him and the questions. what a bunch of disrespectful PIGS!!!

-and mccains smirk,i dont care if he is a pow american hero ect fuck him the guy needs a beating... someone please pie or egg him or something.This guy is a warmonger,,how can americans vote for this guy when most dont want the war in iraq.This is confusing.

Its pretty clear to see how corrupt the msm really is.And how dumb most americans are.No offence american,but u deserve to GO DOWN! for being so ignorant and stupid.

Expat
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
First they ridicule you; then they oppose forcefully; then they see the truth as self-evident. Something like that.

Clearly we are in the heart of the ridiculing phase, along with other forms of 'shunning' which is a form of opposing forcefully (like how they kept RP supporters out of the Fox debate according to a post here on the forum by an eyewitness/participant).

From afar, I think Paul's message is not quite getting through yet because there is more interest in scandal, in media coverage, in the horse race aspect.

There needs to be a narrowing down of 4-5 KEY positions around which all others fall into place so that people can see clearly that if they want true freedom, RP is the only candidate on the right who can deliver.

(On the left, Kucinich and Gravel would deliver.)

RayV66
01-12-2008, 12:26 PM
I agree.
President Paul has to start blasting these shills, but I know that it is not his style.
But he needs to start calling them out more on their bullshit, I think it would go a long way with the voters that are leaning towards the other candidates.
Mccain is no American war hero in my mind, and he was a POW in only the loosest sense of the word.
He was over there and was held but there are allegations that he was given preferential treatment and also that he collaborated with the enemy.
And all this talk of sending the Iranian speed boat crews to the "gates of hell" and to the "virgins" is also a load of shit by these warmongers that want to start WW3 over it.
They think talking tough will sway the voters when the people of this country are just plain sick of this supposed "war on terror"

I don't know, just my 2 cents

Srg1
01-12-2008, 12:27 PM
Ya thats true..

But imagine if cnn showed the real points of the debate.Some of the few i mention.I belive it would change everything,and i guess they know this.But its just silence..and more bs and bs

Its just so transparent now after this i have no doubts now about the media and they hide the truth.

Srg1
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Its come to the point now unless there is a real revolution he not going to get elected.I dont even mind so much if he drops in the polls.I belive most people gave paul money to let the message be heard the truth.

But saying that,i wana see ron paul go full out on these guys,he has to.he gotta kick there asses.I dont care if he drops in polls,just slaughter these punks!

And maybe just maybe it mite give him more support.

Expat
01-12-2008, 12:38 PM
It is a very big, very important step to realise the degree to which the media - and their elite superiors - distort. I do not think the Founding Fathers were a bunch of angels, either, btw but they were trying to set up a long term nation that would not depend upon usual empire-run forms of governance.

But once you realise that the system is highly corrupt, how do you change it? That is the question. Although I support RP, I am not sure that I understand his strategy and philosophy yet.

It seems to me that with going for this election the idea is to change the system, which is top-down run, from the top, by dismantling it at the source, so to speak.

But in reality, political systems, new ones, have to come from the bottom up. And for me that means returning 'power' to individuals, families and especially local communities. Mayors should be far more important to most of us than Congressmen or Senators basically. And Mayors should have the powers to be so.

For every $100.00 we pay in taxes about $75.00 should go to our local community, about $20.00 to the State and about $5.00 to the Feds. That's the way it should go. So to me what RP is saying is that we need to devolve power back to local communities.

I also think this is how the grassroots campaign should be run with local meetings, local newspaper advertising, local press coverage but also talking about how this movement is about getting power out of Washington and back to States and local communities.

Is this what RP is talking about? I am not sure. Again, nearly everything I read is horse-race or media writing about media, even on this forum.

Carole
01-12-2008, 12:51 PM
Originally they derided, the smeared, then ignored.

Now they try ignoring, deriding and smearing all together.

Next level is...???

RayV66
01-12-2008, 12:52 PM
Its just so transparent now after this i have no doubts now about the media and they hide the truth.

There is no doubt in my mind that Fox is trying to manipulate what is being said and shown to the people.
After the NH debate where Ron Paul was not invited, I found a website with all the email addresses for Fox news people and I fired off a email blasting them.
I received a reply from a John Moody, I guess a senior VP for whatever, I was shocked to get a reply.
We had a few emails back and forth and he wanted me to call him to discuss our differences but I did not call him.
After the SC debate I emailed him about the blatant bullshit in that debate....no response at all.
So I think they know that it is starting to come out in the wash with the people.

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 12:54 PM
I cant stand the cnns abc nbc ect silencing what really happen at this debate

-no comment on mccain being racist with the burka comment

-Ron being the only true candidate of CHANGE,yet u never hear his name being mention with change

-How according to the media macain came out of the debate unscathed even tho ron paul showed who mccain really was,with the 100 year war comment,and the look on mccain face was priceless,but i have yet to see it on cnn or anywhere but the net.

-The disrespect towards paul the laughs towards him and the questions. what a bunch of disrespectful PIGS!!!

-and mccains smirk,i dont care if he is a pow american hero ect fuck him the guy needs a beating... someone please pie or egg him or something.This guy is a warmonger,,how can americans vote for this guy when most dont want the war in iraq.This is confusing.

Its pretty clear to see how corrupt the msm really is.And how dumb most americans are.No offence american,but u deserve to GO DOWN! for being so ignorant and stupid.

You don't get it yet?

The media is out to destory this campaign. They will absolutely NEVER give Ron the credibility he deserves, ESPECIALLY at the expense of one of the establishment candidates.

We all get giddy everytime we get some MSM coverage, but the coverage they give us is INTENTIONAL. They give us just enough to be happy we're being talked about, but they NEVER leave people thinking the media enjoys him.

It's so obvious at this point that each piece they do, no matter how negative or neutral, is only because they HAVE to.

They'd much rather say NOTHING.

The media is owned by the same corporations that profit from the war.

Do any of you think the media is ever going to cover Ron with class?

We're always going to be getting kicked around.

We either start winning some states, or we're finished. The media picks the president EVERY SINGLE ELECTION.

Ilhaguru
01-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Smearing Fox News has helped us. Maybe we should email CNN about FOX's biases.

Expat
01-12-2008, 12:59 PM
Let the national HQ worry about the national media. Meanwhile, local people work their local situation and get people to vote.

NYgs23
01-12-2008, 01:06 PM
I am so sick of people even having to prefix any criticism of Captain Queeg with "I respect him for being a POW and all..." WHO THE HELL CARES!!! The man is destroying this country! McCain-Feingold, McCain-Kennedy, Amnesty, now he's voting through trash like RealID and "Homegrown Terr'rism"! He suffered?! He's causing this country to suffer! I don't respect Queeg AT ALL!

Carole
01-12-2008, 01:14 PM
It is a very big, very important step to realise the degree to which the media - and their elite superiors - distort. I do not think the Founding Fathers were a bunch of angels, either, btw but they were trying to set up a long term nation that would not depend upon usual empire-run forms of governance.

But once you realise that the system is highly corrupt, how do you change it? That is the question. Although I support RP, I am not sure that I understand his strategy and philosophy yet.

It seems to me that with going for this election the idea is to change the system, which is top-down run, from the top, by dismantling it at the source, so to speak.

But in reality, political systems, new ones, have to come from the bottom up. And for me that means returning 'power' to individuals, families and especially local communities. Mayors should be far more important to most of us than Congressmen or Senators basically. And Mayors should have the powers to be so.

For every $100.00 we pay in taxes about $75.00 should go to our local community, about $20.00 to the State and about $5.00 to the Feds. That's the way it should go. So to me what RP is saying is that we need to devolve power back to local communities.

I also think this is how the grassroots campaign should be run with local meetings, local newspaper advertising, local press coverage but also talking about how this movement is about getting power out of Washington and back to States and local communities.

Is this what RP is talking about? I am not sure. Again, nearly everything I read is horse-race or media writing about media, even on this forum.

Yes, returning power to the state level and local level is a huge part of it. But because our system has been turned upside down so to speak, correcting it must begin at the top first--throwing out bad laws, executive orders, signing statements, treaties, other unconstitutional acts, many things that have usurped the power and voice of the people. New people need to be elected over time, who understand and will work for the new attitudes in government. The head of the snake must be severed and its parts disemboweled, so to speak.

With some things dismantled, say Dept Education or Energy-immediately, the power goes back to the local levels and can be fixed there. The whole thing would be a process over time. It required years to incrementally steal the rights away from the citizens, it will take years to restore it, but a few things must be done more quickly and at the top. Free markets would spring up to help solve many problelms and the competition would spur the need to keep costs down to be competitive. Monetary policy would take time to establish itself in a stable way.

Government is still there, but greatly reduced in its over use of power and its corpulence and big spending. Using the Constitution as the rulebook places all upon a firm foundation again and restricts the overuse of power, returning the power to the people. Thousands of smaller things must gradually change, but it must begin where the biggest problem is. At the same time, the states, counties, and municipalities must work to re-establish their own sovereignty and learn to work together again. It would be best to have many new people ingovernment in order to combat the old guard and its coruptability and bad habits. People will need to become more involved at the local levels to protect their rights.

These are just a few of my thoughts. I am no expert, just sort of looking into the future and trying envision some changes. :)

Expat
01-12-2008, 01:26 PM
I felt from the beginning of being aware of the RP candidacy that a) it was strange he was running in the Republican Party but I guess he has learned (the hard way) that the current system basically doesn't allow third party candidacies (although Ross Perot came close to winning before he choked, probably his family was threatened is my guess); b) if what he stands for is worthy then indeed an entire new movement would be necessary so that the Executive and Legislature were on the same page, in other words that just running for President is not enough: there should also be candidates on local levels, also Congress and Senate who are linked to the candidacy.

I think the question at the Fox debate about his electability was fair: he is running as a Republican. If he were elected President would most of the Reps in Congress support him? I don't think so. His answer was great in terms of who was the 'real Republican' here, but it is precisely BECAUSE there aren't any that he is less electable! Not only that, but would have a hard time governing if he got in.

I don't say all this to criticise, but merely to share my own views which I suspect are shared by many others. Something hasn't quite happened yet in which people can see that it is not only possible that he could win, but also could then govern. If they could see the latter more clearly, then I believe the former would come through fast. Right now that is what is missing, this sense that even if he were to win that he could do anything that he is talking about. Not because he isn't sincere or capable, but simply because the entire system is against him and his candidacy alone is not enough to change it.