PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee thinks "the lord is returning soon"

tsetsefly
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
My god if this article ever got out to the MSM, suckadick would be buried, shit, look at this:

Of all the right-wing figures who have promoted Mike Huckabee's extraordinary political rise from a backwater church to the national pulpit of a presidential campaign--and there are many--perhaps none know the former Arkansas governor and current Republican presidential front-runner better than Jay Cole. A Baptist minister based in Fayetteville, Arkansas, with a right-wing radio talk show of his own, Cole has been instrumental in inspiring Huckabee's rise over more than two decades. Indeed, when Huckabee was the governor of Arkansas, it was Cole who persuaded him to arrange the release from prison of a convicted rapist, Wayne Dumond, who had become a born-again evangelical in prison--the most controversial act of Huckabee's career, which still dogs him on the campaign trail....

But the Huckabee Cole has known and loved for decades contrasts sharply with the sunny figure the media's leading lights have conjured up. According to Cole, Huckabee has connected with voters--specifically, evangelical voters--not simply because he is a charismatic speaker, but also because he shares their apocalyptic world view. As Cole told me, "To date there's well over 139 prophecies that have come to pass exactly as the Lord says. Mike believes those things. Anyone with any Bible knowledge would have to say that this looks like the time. We're so close to the Lord's return."

Cole was no more kind to Muslims. "If you think communism's bad, just think what the Islamics are doing," Cole warned. "Those people have no--they're just not human. They're just not human."...

Huckabee routinely warns of the threat of "Islamofascism" at campaign rallies and is perhaps the first major presidential candidate in American history to essentially call for the ethnic cleansing of the Palestinians from the Gaza Strip and the West Bank. Huckabee declared during a New Hampshire fundraiser in October that a Palestinian state should only be established outside of biblical Israel, possibly in Egypt or Saudi Arabia, according to the Jewish Russian Telegraph. He reiterated this position during an appearance on Face the Nation in November.

Huckabee's advocacy of forcibly transferring the Palestinians to other Arab nations reflects his close association with some of America's most prominent End Times theological proponents. Among Huckabee's leading evangelical backers is Pastor John Hagee, head of a Pentecostal congregation in San Antonio, Texas, with 18,000 members and the executive director of Christians United for Israel, a national lobbying group that organizes against a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestine crisis and in favor of a military strike on Iran.

Hagee's zealous support for Israel is kindled by his belief that Jesus will one day return to "biblical Israel" to usher in a kingdom of Heaven on Earth. "As soon as Jesus sits on his throne he's gonna rule the world with a rod of iron," Hagee told his congregation in a sermon this December. "That means he's gonna make the ACLU do what he wants them to. That means you're not gonna have to ask if you can pray in public school.... We will live by the law of God and no other law."

"There's only one explanation for [my surge] and it's not a human one," Huckabee insisted, inspiring gales of applause from the overflow crowd. "It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of five thousand people."..

http://www.thenation.com/doc/20080128/blumenthal

ill stop there, THIS MAN IS FUCKING INSANE, HE SHOULD BE IN A STRAIGHTJACKET NOT RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT.

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-12-2008, 11:49 AM
Nah. Almost all evangelicals believe the Second Coming could happen any second. That would probably just win him more Christian votes.

mconder
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
There's one thing in believing Jesus Christ will come and a different thing entirely to believe that you are called to hasten his return by making war on the entire Muslim world. Huckabee and the rabid evangelicals fall into this latter group. It's an entirely unchristian proposition.

PaleoConservative
01-12-2008, 11:53 AM
"As Cole told me, "To date there's well over 139 prophecies that have come to pass exactly as the Lord says. Mike believes those things. Anyone with any Bible knowledge would have to say that this looks like the time. We're so close to the Lord's return."

I fail to see why this is in bold. The rest of the quotes were pretty disturbing but I have no problem with this part.

thehittgirl
01-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Nah. Almost all evangelicals believe the Second Coming could happen any second. That would probably just win him more Christian votes.

It could. But, my brethren are playing with fire by taking the situation into their own hands encouraging this war to keep going and having attitudes that are far from the attitude Jesus had. They're trying to bring the end on themselves. Reminds me of the Tower of Babel, when they built the tower to try to reach heaven.

And Hagee...oh don't get me started on him. He's a false prophet.

Brad324
01-12-2008, 11:55 AM
My older brother thinks the same thing. He has told me that he doesn't really care about being in debt, because the world is going to end soon anyways. Meanwhile, the douche has owed me $800 for over 6 years. Just think how dangerous it is for a president to buy into this crap.

ifthenwouldi
01-12-2008, 11:56 AM
There's one thing in believing Jesus Christ will come and a different thing entirely to believe that you are called to hasten his return by making war on the entire Muslim world. Huckabee and the rabid evangelicals fall into this latter group. It's an entirely unchristian proposition.

Brilliantly stated.

Starks
01-12-2008, 11:56 AM
What's the point of accelerating a chain of events that will never happen unless you prescribe to Uber-Christian lunacy?

thehittgirl
01-12-2008, 11:58 AM

Exactly. Every day it bugs me that they have the wool over their eyes.

tsetsefly
01-12-2008, 11:59 AM
"As Cole told me, "To date there's well over 139 prophecies that have come to pass exactly as the Lord says. Mike believes those things. Anyone with any Bible knowledge would have to say that this looks like the time. We're so close to the Lord's return."

I fail to see why this is in bold. The rest of the quotes were pretty disturbing but I have no problem with this part.

suckabee wants to fasten the return...

and for non christian voters this sound insane...

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Honestly, if you believe in some sort of supernatural end of humanity, especially in your lifetime, even more especially that it is imminent, why would you have want to have children? What would be the point in starting a family? Why would you invest for the future?

I really don't get it.

Abobo
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM
Lots of Christians believe that it's nearing the end of days... But...

1 Thessalonians 5
Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

Kinda makes you wonder, if they think it's now, then it would be expected. So.... Must not be now.

thehittgirl
01-12-2008, 12:13 PM

Kinda makes you wonder, if they think it's now, then it would be expected. So.... Must not be now.

It's fiction, but I read the Left Behind series and the "rapture" happened when the mid-east peace treaty was signed. I am not sure about a rapture, but yes I've heard that repeatedly, that it will happen in times of "peace." The antichrist is supposed to encouraging peace and that's why he will be attractive to people.

George W Bush sure fits that description of the encouraging peace part, anyway

BeFranklin
01-12-2008, 12:15 PM

I'm guessing Huckabee believes what my reformed believing self would call apostasy, ie some fantastic tale about armies, nuclear bombs, microchips, jewish temples, (maybe even space aliens disguised as angels), ect. In other words, prophecy that has absolutely nothing to do with the gospel of Jesus Christ, or the bible.

The churches of the reformation called the pope the antichrist, not based on made up fables, but because they believed the prophecy only had to do with the church, and that the Antichrist was what carried a gospel opposed to the one taught in the bible by Christ.

This isn't meant to start another thread, but that is the historical fact. Lutherans, Presebertarians, Congregationalists, Calvinists, Methodists, &ct, all called the pope the Antichrist. That is the traditional protestant belief.

Kingfisher
01-12-2008, 12:15 PM
IF Huckabee really thought Jesus was coming soon,he'd straighten his lying, cheating, warmongering ass up!

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 12:19 PM
It's fiction, but I read the Left Behind series and the "rapture" happened when the mid-east peace treaty was signed. I am not sure about a rapture, but yes I've heard that repeatedly, that it will happen in times of "peace." The antichrist is supposed to encouraging peace and that's why he will be attractive to people.

George W Bush sure fits that description of the encouraging peace part, anyway

Someone a while back posted a thread titled "Is Ron Paul the Anti-Christ" that was taken down pretty quick. I though it was a hoax myself because the OP was saying that Ron Paul talks peace and is against war. Maybe the OP was serious.

Me, I just think Ron Paul is anti-establishment.

Dave Pedersen
01-12-2008, 12:20 PM

1 Thessalonians 5
Now, brothers, about times and dates we do not need to write to you, for you know very well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. While people are saying, "Peace and safety," destruction will come on them suddenly, as labor pains on a pregnant woman, and they will not escape.

The reason Christians will not escape is because they will be deceived. They are biblically illiterate and believe the lies coming out of the big business pulpits that they will be raptured out and so they do not study. Therefore they will be deceived.

In this passage the word "destruction" speaks of the relationship with Christ, for Christ is our life. Many Christians will be deceived into worshiping Satan himself as he appears in the latter days claiming to be Christ. anti-christ is simply a role as Christ which Satan plays at that time. All who worship him are "destroyed" in God's view since they cannot serve two masters. They are seen as being found with child before the True Husband returns. Unfaithful and unfit to enter the wedding feast.

www.shepherdschapel.com

BeFranklin
01-12-2008, 12:20 PM
Here is a witness to what traditional protestants believed. There has been a significant change recently, and its pretty clearly all about politics. Its easier to attribute the end times to something fantastic, instead of a rich priest down the street. Consider the pedophile scandal.

This is posted just for historical truth. You might not believe it (although I agree with them) but the fact that it has changed is significant.

(List is long, but by no means complete)

Confessions of Faith
This is a small list to show that all the major churches at one time declared that the pope was the antichrist in their documents and confessions of faith.

Presbyterians

graceonlinelibrary.org
hwww.reformed.org
Westminster Confession of Faith (1646)

"There is no other head of the church but the Lord Jesus Christ: nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but is that antichrist, that man of sin, and son of perdition, that exalteth himself in the church against Christ, and all that is called God."
Baptists
www.grace.org.uk/faith/bc1689/
www.spurgeon.org/~phil/creeds/bcof.htm

Baptist Confession of Faith 1689
26.4 The Lord Jesus Christ is the head of the church. In him is vested, by the appointment of the Father in a supreme and sovereign manner, all authority for the calling, institution, order and government of the church.1 The Pope of Rome cannot in any sense be the head of the church, but he is the antichrist, that 'man of lawlessness', and 'son of destruction', who exalts himself in the church against Christ and all that is called God, whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of his coming.2
(1) Col 1:18; Eph 4:11-16; 1:20-23; 5:23-32; 1Co 12:27-28; Joh 17:1-3; Mat 28:18-20; Act 5:31; Joh 10:14-16
(2) 2Th 2:2-9

Congregational (Puritans)
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/schaff/creeds3.v.i.i.html
The Savoy Declaration 1658

"There is no other head of the Church but the Lord Jesus Christ; nor can the Pope of Rome in any sense be head thereof; but it (he) is that Antichrist, that man of sin and son of perdition that exalteth himself in the Church against Christ, and all that is called God, whom the Lord shall destroy with the brightness of His coming."

Methodists
John Wesleys Commentaries
John Wesley’s commentaries on the bible, 2 Thessalonians 2
John Wesley is the founder of the Methodists

”2:3 .. Unless the falling away - From the pure faith of the gospel, come first. This began even in the apostolic age. But the man of sin, the son of perdition - Eminently so called, is not come yet. However, in many respects, the Pope has an indisputable claim to those titles. He is, in an emphatical sense, the man of sin, as he increases all manner of sin above measure. And he is, too, properly styled, the son of perdition, as he has caused the death of numberless multitudes, both of his opposers and followers, destroyed innumerable souls, and will himself perish everlastingly. He it is that opposeth himself to the emperor, once his rightful sovereign; and that exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped - Commanding angels, and putting kings under his feet, both of whom are called gods in scripture; claiming the highest power, the highest honour; suffering himself, not once only, to be styled God or vice - god. Indeed no less is implied in his ordinary title, "Most Holy Lord," or, "Most Holy Father." So that he sitteth - Enthroned. In the temple of God - Mentioned Revelation 11:1.Declaring himself that he is God - Claiming the prerogatives which belong to God alone.
2:6 And now ye know - By what I told you when I was with you. That which restraineth - The power of the Roman emperors. When this is taken away, the wicked one will be revealed. In his time - His appointed season, and not before. “

(I quoted it to 2:6 to show that Wesley believed in a historical church history approach, and that it also contradicts other claims by the apostate church.)

Lutherans
Smalcald Articles, confession of faith
written in 1537 by Martin Luther
http://www.bookofconcord.org/smalcald.html
http://www.iclnet.org/pub/resources/text/wittenberg/wittenbe
rg-boc.html#sa

Article IV: Of the Papacy
10] This teaching shows forcefully that the Pope is the very Antichrist, who has exalted himself above, and opposed himself against Christ because he will not permit Christians to be saved without his power, which, nevertheless, is nothing, and is neither ordained nor commanded by God. 11] This is, properly speaking to exalt himself above all that is called God as Paul says, 2 Thess. 2, 4. Even the Turks or the Tartars, great enemies of Christians as they are, do not do this, but they allow whoever wishes to believe in Christ, and take bodily tribute and obedience from Christians.

Article IV: Of the Papacy
14] [...] Lastly, it is nothing else than the devil himself, because above and against God he urges [and disseminates] his [papal] falsehoods concerning masses, purgatory, the monastic life, one's own works and [fictitious] divine worship (for this is the very Papacy [upon each of which the Papacy is altogether founded and is standing]), and condemns, murders and tortures all Christians who do not exalt and honor these abominations [of the Pope] above all things. Therefore, just as little as we can worship the devil himself as Lord and God, we can endure his apostle, the Pope, or Antichrist, in his rule as head or lord. For to lie and to kill, and to destroy body and soul eternally, that is wherein his papal government really consists, as I have very clearly shown in many books.

Calvanists
John Calvin's Institutues of the Christian Religion
http://www.ccel.org/ccel/calvin/institutes.iv.iv.viii.html?b
cb=0

7. Of the Beginning and Rise of the Romish Papacy, till it attained a height by which the Liberty of the Church was destroyed, and all true Rule overthrown.

To the dishonest arts of Boniface succeeded fouler frauds devised in more modern times, and expressly condemned by Gregory and Bernard. sec. 19-21. V. The Papacy at length appeared complete in all its parts, the seat of Antichrist. Its impiety, execrable tyranny, and wickedness, portrayed, sec. 23-30.

[...]
25. To some we seem slanderous and petulant, when we call the Roman Pontiff Antichrist. But those who think so perceive not that they are bringing a charge of intemperance against Paul, after whom we speak, nay, in whose very words we speak. But lest any one object that Paul’s words have a different meaning, and are wrested by us against the Roman Pontiff, I wil1 briefly show that they can only be understood of the Papacy. Paul says that Antichrist would sit in the temple of God (2 Thess. 2:4). In another passage, the Spirit, portraying him in the person of Antiochus, says that his reign would be with great swelling words of vanity (Dan. 7:25). Hence we infer that his tyranny is more over souls than bodies, a tyranny set up in opposition to the spiritual kingdom of Christ. Then his nature is such, that he abolishes not the name either of Christ or the Church, but rather uses the name of Christ as a pretext, and lurks under the name of Church as under a mask. But though all the heresies and schisms which have existed from the beginning belong to the kingdom of Antichrist, yet when Paul foretells that defection will come, he by the description intimates that that seat of abomination will be erected, when a kind of universal defection comes upon the Church, though many members of the Church scattered up and down should continue in the true unity of the faith. But when he adds, that in his own time, the mystery of iniquity, which was afterwards to be openly manifested, had begun to work in secret, we thereby understand that this calamity was neither to be introduced by one man, nor to terminate in one man (see Calv. in 2 Thess. 2:3; Dan. 7:9). Moreover, when the mark by which he distinguishes Antichrist is, that he would rob God of his honour and take it to himself, he gives the leading feature which we ought to follow in searching out Antichrist; especially when pride of this description proceeds to the open devastation of the Church. Seeing then it is certain that the Roman Pontiff has impudently transferred to himself the most peculiar properties of God and Christ, there cannot be a doubt that he is the leader and standard-bearer of an impious and abominable kingdom.

King James Bible (preface)(therefore Church of England)
http://mb-soft.com/believe/txh/kjavpref.htm
Preface to the King James Bible, 1611

…And this their contentment doth not diminish or decay, but every day increaseth and taketh strength, when they observe, that the zeal of Your Majesty toward the house of God doth not slack or go backward, but is more and more kindled, manifesting itself abroad in the farthest parts of Christendom, by writing in defence of the Truth, (which hath given such a blow unto that man of sin, as will not be healed,)
[…]
For when Your Highness had once, out of deep judgment, apprehended how convenient it was, that, out of the Original sacred Tongues, together with comparing of the labours, both in our own and other foreign languages, of many worthy men who went before us, there should be one more exact translation of the Holy Scriptures into the English Tongue; Your Majesty did never desist to urge and to excite those to whom it was commended, that the Work might be hastened, and that the business might be expedited in so decent a manner, as a matter of such importance might justly require.
[…]
“…acceptance of our labours shall more honour and encourage us, than all the calumniations and hard interpretations of other men shall dismay us. So that if, on the one side, we shall be traduced by Popish Persons at home or abroad, who therefore will malign us, because we are poor instruments to make God's holy Truth to be yet more and more known unto the people, whom they desire still to keep in ignorance and darkness;”

William Tyndale was murdered at the stake by the Roman Catholic church for his work in translating the bible. 90% of the new testament in the King James version is still William Tyndale's translation. William Tyndale prayed when he was burning at the stake; “Lord, open the eyes of the King of England”. The King James Bible was the answer to that prayer.
http://www.williamtyndale.com/0biblehistory.htm

Delain
01-12-2008, 12:21 PM
IF Huckabee really thought Jesus was coming soon,he'd straighten his lying, cheating, warmongering ass up!

lol

Very true! :)

StudentForPaul08
01-12-2008, 12:23 PM
The Lord was supposed to come back every generation. Get over it. Dont worry.

1000-points-of-fright
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
"It's the same power that helped a little boy with two fish and five loaves feed a crowd of five thousand people."

I'm no biblical scholar, but I don't recall Jesus being a little boy when he did that. Wasn't he already in his mid 20's by then?

peacemonger
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
The Christians do not have to defend Israel. Why? Because the New Testament says that GOD will strike down Israel's enemies. God will protect them so we don't have to.

To follow the logic of this argument we must conclude:
A) Perhaps Huckabee doesn't believe what the Bible says
B) Huck doesn't think that God is powerful enough to protect Israel with the US Military
or
C) Huckabee thinks that the US Military is God

Either way we are screwed. Personally, I'm not a Jew or a Muslim. So, I don't really have a God... (oops, I mean a Dog) in that fight.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
They know this already. It's why they support him.

tsetsefly
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
They know this already. It's why they support him.

yes, but the majority of americans dont believe this bs...

Grandson of Liberty
01-12-2008, 12:58 PM
I'm no biblical scholar, but I don't recall Jesus being a little boy when he did that. Wasn't he already in his mid 20's by then?

Jesus was an adult, but it was a boy that brought the food to him.

akalucas
01-12-2008, 03:23 PM
Here is a witness to what traditional protestants believed. There has been a significant change recently, and its pretty clearly all about politics. Its easier to attribute the end times to something fantastic, instead of a rich priest down the street. Consider the pedophile scandal.

This is posted just for historical truth. You might not believe it (although I agree with them) but the fact that it has changed is significant.

(List is long, but by no means complete)

--Wrote this in another thread but its relevant here--

yup, many people dont know about this. Martin Luther and many of the forefathers of the protestant movement believed the Catholic church ( Catholic system not Catholic people) is the beast (antichrist) spoken about in Daniel and Revelation. Bible says this beast would rise from sea (sea=populated area) and surrounded by seven hills (Rome is also know as city of seven hills). Luther believed it was the Catholic church that was being spoken about in Daniel that says it would rule for 1260 years. This prophecy began in AD 538 when Rome was freed from Arian control and Bishop of Rome begins his reign (church and state together). Add 1260 years and you get 1798 exactly when Rome got captured by French army during French revolution. Pope got taken prisoner and ended the Catholics persecution of Protestants, other Christians and influence on Europe (deadly wound on beast in revelation).

Interestingly, right after the deadly wound of the beast in Revelation it says another beast would rise up (beast=nation) from the earth (earth=unpopulated area) and that this beast would be like a lamb (lamb=Christ in bible) but would begin speaking (legislating) like the dragon (dragon= referring to the first beast- Roman Catholic system) having church and state together. Ends with the the lamb like beast giving power to first beast (wound healed) and being the enforcer (policeman) of the world.

So, there's supposed to be a nation that rises to power in about 1798 in a relatively unpopulated area that was founded with Christian principles, with church and state being seperate but will later begin to legislate morality like the Roman Catholic system did. The Roman Catholic system will revive in Europe and the lamb like beast would serve as the policemen of the world. Theres no doubt that this is speaking about America.

Unfortunetly, this way of interpreting the prophecy called historicism, which was how the forefathers of the protestant movement interpreted the bible was basically done away by the Jesuits infiltrating the church and teaching that Catholic system was not the antichrist but that the antichrist would rise somewhere in Europe and would take seat in Israel. Thats why everyones focus has shifted to Israel. This way of interpreting which was brought about by Jesuits is called futurism. Little do people know that the Christians here in American will begin having too much power in government and begin legislating their morality and that this will bring about another movement like the Roman Catholic system. Roman Catholic system (church together with state) will also be revived in Europe. This will the beginning of the New World Order. Sad part of this is that this will be brought about by the "Chritians" themselves.

There's only one candidate running for Presidency that I can see speeding this up. Huckabee.

Andrew-Austin
01-12-2008, 03:57 PM
suckabee wants to fasten the return...

and for non christian voters this sound insane...

Yeahh... Ummm... You might want to re-word that.

"and for logical human beings this sounds insane..."

Because believe it or not, there are a lot of logical Christians on this planet. Hey and guess what, there are also a lot of ignorant atheists on this planet. *gasp

Philadelphia76
01-12-2008, 04:03 PM
I cannot fathom how this guy is considered a legitimate option for President.

Even the UK would nuke us if we sent this Huckleberry to the White House after 8 years of George W. Bush.

HOLLYWOOD
01-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Well here's the facts...

Raising the Religious faith and movement shows you have GULLABLE the SHEEPLE of America truly react.

Here we are trying to raise money $20 millionfor the presidential candidate to run a country of 100's of TRILLIONS in budgets and 100's of millions of citizens in the most powerful nation in the world...

Put into perspective... look at the postings below of the BILLIONS, yes BILLION$ each year the evaliglist raise for their cause... whether it be Gold or Marble Comodes, Lear Jets with layovers in exotic or self interest locations... to Rolls Royces.... ON & ON

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_televangelists (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_American_televangelists)

And the Bible made the exhortation much longer ago than did the U.S. tax code. USE THE FOLLOWING AGAINST HUKABEE:

1.) Titus 1: 7 warns the preacher not to be "fond of sordid gain."
2.) Corinthians 2:17 warns the preacher not to "peddle" the Word of God.
3.) 1 Peter 5: 2 warns the preacher against motivations of "shameful gain."

There's more too but you get the idea.

http://vitalsignsblog.blogspot.com/2007/11/greedy-tv-preachers-go-over-top-will.html

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_qa3944/is_200107?pnum=2&opg=n9003040
And all the power hitters on these boards... here's an example;
http://www.rfpusa.org/about/council.cfm?type=1