PDA

View Full Version : Carly Fiorina and John McCain - how much can you donate?

chipvogel
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
so I turned on CSPAN this morning and McCain is on live taking questions from an audience about the mortgage crisis

McCain said he'd like someone who can explain it better to answer the question and out pops Carly Fiorina ( I don't have a youtube of it )

So I'm thinking McCain knows he can't talk about economics so lets get someone in who can answer questions for him.

So I start digging around.....and Carly Fiorina works for Fox News

Then did a google search for Carly Fiorina McCain - the very first link stopped me cold
Could someone take a look and explain this? It looks like Carly Fiorina has donated more than $2300 to McCain.

http://www.newsmeat.com/ceo_political_donations/Carly_Fiorina.php

Sey.Naci
01-12-2008, 11:39 AM
so I turned on CSPAN this morning and McCain is on live taking questions from an audience about the mortgage crisis

McCain said he'd like someone who can explain it better to answer the question and out pops Carly Fiorina ( I don't have a youtube of it )

So I'm thinking McCain knows he can't talk about economics so lets get someone in who can answer questions for him.

So I start digging around.....and Carly Fiorina works for Fox News

Then did a google search for Carly Fiorina McCain - the very first link stopped me cold
Could someone take a look and explain this? It looks like Carly Fiorina has donated more than $2300 to McCain.

http://www.newsmeat.com/ceo_political_donations/Carly_Fiorina.phpWhy would that be an issue? Aren't journalists allowed to donate to political campaigns? I mean, couldn't Cafferty, Tucker, et al donate to RP?

chipvogel
01-12-2008, 11:44 AM
Why would that be an issue? Aren't journalists allowed to donate to political campaigns? I mean, couldn't Cafferty, Tucker, et al donate to RP?

Under federal law, candidates can raise up to $2,300 from donors for primary elections and another $2,300 for the general election.

But it looks like Carly Fiorina has donated $8600 to McCain so far.