PDA

View Full Version : When trying to convert anti-war and neocon people

jufreese
01-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I was finally able to convert my neocon dad into supporting RP. I have had debates with him over the past 2 months, mainly ones about non-interventionalism. He told me to know my history before i debated with him, so i did my reasearch. Then I started reading RP's new book: A foreign policy of freedom, peace, and prosparity. Here are the points i was able to make to him to get him to change his mind:

We cannot afford our empire.
We need to stop giving money to Isreal, especially because we give money to Arab nations.
When looking back in history at many times, We had to get involved in entangling aliances, We had givin money and support to both sides because of our Lesser of Two Evils methodology.

Basically I just kept bringing up examples where the US used money to form alliances and it came back to bite them in the ass.

As long as you keep bringing up the subject of WE CANT AFFORD IT ANYMORE. SPEND THE MONEY AT HOME, you can get into their heads better, because money is what drives everyone in the world.

Hopes this helps

ronpaulitician
01-12-2008, 11:36 AM
Yup. It's the money, stupid.

Even Paul has been hammering this in the last debate. "Besides, we can't afford it."

Mark
01-12-2008, 12:00 PM
We REALLY need a forum for what has worked converting people.

Not ideas. What ACTUALLY has worked.

So many threads come and go with points that have brought people around.

They need to be gathered together for reference material.

seapilot
01-12-2008, 12:05 PM
This is the best argument that gets them at least thinking. We cant afford the war our economy is starting to tank. Its better to have a planned cordinated withdrawl that safely brings our people back home rather than a crisis withdrawl when the economy collapses.

This will give the Iraqis a plan to get thier act together rather than us leaving them suddenly because we have no more money or credit to spend there.

Most people know it was a mistake but they are led to believe it will be worse if we leave now, telling them if we dont leave now it will actually get worse because we cant support a military very well if we are broke.

seapilot
01-12-2008, 12:08 PM

Agree would be a valuable asset. Have converted a few people from what Ive read from other peoples experience that has been posted here.

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 12:14 PM
It might be a good idea to bring up the fact that Musharuff (sp.) just put out a statement that any American intervention in Pakastan would be considered an act of war and Americans would be considered Invaders!!!!

Mark
01-12-2008, 12:17 PM

Point being: We have "Discussion points " forum - but they're just points - not ONLY posts of what worked.

"Discussion points" gets crowded with ideas - not just what has actually worked.

Mark
01-12-2008, 12:25 PM
Agree would be a valuable asset. Have converted a few people from what Ive read from other peoples experience that has been posted here.

I created a thread for the idea in "suggestions". Maybe those that agree could go and bump in agreement. Like a vote for the new forum.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=936229

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 12:27 PM
I was finally able to convert my neocon dad into supporting RP. I have had debates with him over the past 2 months, mainly ones about non-interventionalism. He told me to know my history before i debated with him, so i did my reasearch. Then I started reading RP's new book: A foreign policy of freedom, peace, and prosparity. Here are the points i was able to make to him to get him to change his mind:

We cannot afford our empire.
We need to stop giving money to Isreal, especially because we give money to Arab nations.
When looking back in history at many times, We had to get involved in entangling aliances, We had givin money and support to both sides because of our Lesser of Two Evils methodology.

Basically I just kept bringing up examples where the US used money to form alliances and it came back to bite them in the ass.

As long as you keep bringing up the subject of WE CANT AFFORD IT ANYMORE. SPEND THE MONEY AT HOME, you can get into their heads better, because money is what drives everyone in the world.

Hopes this helps

Yep. My sister just got an earful. She's taking her husband, my mom, and my dad to vote in SC. That's 4. She's got a huge junk email list. They're all getting my manifesto. They've been hit hard by the textile closures.

PeaceCandidates.com
01-12-2008, 01:10 PM
To add on to the money as a factor list:

$9 Trillion in National Debt- $4 trillion since Dubya has been in office
Social Security Trust Fund looted- every dime has been spent
Dollar tanking- ie 30% of their life savings is gone.
Iraq War made gas prices rise = price of everything else thru roof
Iran War = straight of Hormuz closes, gas prices to really skyrocket
Federal Resrve/IRS are a big scam - www.freedomtofascism.com

jufreese
01-14-2008, 04:01 PM
just converted another today with this strategy!

aspiringconstitutionalist
01-14-2008, 04:11 PM
This article also works well:
http://www.RonPaulIsWrong.com