PDA

View Full Version : Was Giuliani a Genius by not campaigning in Iowa and NH?

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-12-2008, 11:02 AM
In my point of view yes.

Think about this...

Most candidates who don't place well in the primaries for Iowa and NH are forced to drop out, because so many supporters leave them. By not campaigning, he avoided that whole risk and went straight to the big states, where only the candidates with a big following are left. He obviously knows that he has no shot in hell. He prevented the "facing the jury" thing after Iowa and NH because he had the excuse that he didn't even try.

Comments? Am I wrong?

jufreese
01-12-2008, 11:04 AM
This is what RP is doing...saving the money for feb 5th

smartpeople4ronpaul
01-12-2008, 11:05 AM
This is what RP is doing...saving the money for feb 5th

Giuliani didn't even visit Iowa. He didn't attempt to get anything out of it. Paul spent some money there and visited. Giuliani did nothing.

MGreen
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
Giuliani didn't even visit Iowa. He didn't attempt to get anything out of it. Paul spent some money there and visited. Giuliani did nothing.
Just because you heard it on the news doesn't make it true. Giuliani spent as much time in Iowa as Paul.

jufreese
01-12-2008, 11:06 AM
yea because RP needs needs nation wide support. People from Iowa and NH can still donate now and they do

stevedasbach
01-12-2008, 11:07 AM
That strategy only had the potential to work for someone like Giuliani who was strong in national polls.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 11:10 AM

Ron Paul visited Iowa only 9 times, Giuliani 17...http://www.iowapolitics.com/1009/caucus08.html

jufreese
01-12-2008, 11:11 AM
That strategy only had the potential to work for someone like Giuliani who was strong in national polls.

and what happens when giuliani goes broke?

did you guys not read that article about RP's stratagy for winning his congressional seat. He was at 4 percent in those polls, and then got nationwide support for running in texas, and got money from people nationwide, and slowly rose up the polls, and then right at the end actually got a letter of support from president Bush! I know this is their strategy for this election.....you will all see.

PaultheSaint
If he's saving his money for later in the run, then Yes. Why? Because, he's virtually being propt up by MSM anyways. He's still mainstream,his name is out there. Now, the rest are broke and he can rifle off the commericals. There's no clear winner as of yet. Scary to think

John of Des Moines

Rudy did campaign in Iowa. I attended one of his events and have video of it. He had an office and I got a call to help phone bank for him. The media is merely presenting it as if he didn't try in Iowa.

njandrewg
01-12-2008, 11:12 AM
according to CNN Giuliani spent about 2 million in NH, and had the most visits to NH out of all candidates. Its just spin

steph3n
01-12-2008, 11:13 AM
Rudy was in Iowa and NH more than Ron Paul, also aired about the same amount of TV ads on NH TV in the final weeks(I saw them in person)

jpa
01-12-2008, 11:15 AM

You would think with a user name like that you would check your facts before posting.

Giuliani visited Iowa more often (trips & days on the ground) than Ron Paul. Ron Paul spent more in advertising.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 11:16 AM
New Hampshire...Huckabee and Romney were in New Hampshire in 2006(doesn't say for the presidential race, but they were there...interesting to see how early they were going) http://www.gwu.edu/%7Eaction/2008/nhvisits08r.html.

prlgrl
01-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Isn't some of rudy's staff now working for free?

Ara825
01-12-2008, 11:17 AM
Giuliani didn't even visit Iowa. He didn't attempt to get anything out of it. Paul spent some money there and visited. Giuliani did nothing. I read somewhere on these forums that Giuliani was actually in Iowa more than Ron Paul was. Someone correct me if I am wrong.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 11:18 AM
according to CNN Giuliani spent about 2 million in NH, and had the most visits to NH out of all candidates. Its just spin

Had the most visits other than Romney...it was, Romney, Giuliani, then Huckabee for the 1,2,3(I'm looking for the source now, I saw it on either MSNBC or CNN).

hummtide
01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
In my point of view yes.

Think about this...

Most candidates who don't place well in the primaries for Iowa and NH are forced to drop out, because so many supporters leave them. By not campaigning, he avoided that whole risk and went straight to the big states, where only the candidates with a big following are left. He obviously knows that he has no shot in hell. He prevented the "facing the jury" thing after Iowa and NH because he had the excuse that he didn't even try.

Comments? Am I wrong?

Absolutely!

Giuliani in the last 4 polls Ive read, he has no MORE than 10% support in Florida. He will not even get top 3. He is out of money and once Jan 29th is over, so is Rudys campaign.

jufreese
01-12-2008, 11:20 AM
Isn't some of rudy's staff now working for free?

yes and he only has about 7 million right now...not nearly enough for super tuesday

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 11:22 AM
and what happens when giuliani goes broke?

did you guys not read that article about RP's stratagy for winning his congressional seat. He was at 4 percent in those polls, and then got nationwide support for running in texas, and got money from people nationwide, and slowly rose up the polls, and then right at the end actually got a letter of support from president Bush! I know this is their strategy for this election.....you will all see.

What? You're expecting an endorsement from President Bush as part of HQ's strategy? :)

Well, I think this isn't exactly your point but I do hope the people at the top of the campaign have more of a clue than many here in the grassroots give them credit for. But the money has to keep coming in for this to work.

I don't like to promise or pledge what I'll do in terms of donations since my money isn't completely under my control (married, with children). But Ron Paul did specifically mention the MLK moneybomb and I don't want to let him down either. It looks like I'm going to be catching more heck from my wife ;)