PDA

View Full Version : Racist remarks towards Muslims at debate

coastie
01-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Both McCain and I believe Thompsom made pretty blatant ones, of which the media is ignoring. anyone remember what exactly was said?:confused:

EDIT: thought I was in S.C. Debate forum, mods move please.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Both McCain and I believe Thompsom made pretty blatant ones, of which the media is ignoring. anyone remember what exactly was said?:confused:

Huckabee- kick sand in their faces

McCain - trading burkas

Thompson - virgins.

TSOL
01-12-2008, 10:43 AM
McCain stated that they only wanted to trade Burqus (Spell?) but he was referring to Al Queda.

Thompson stated something about them meeting thier Virgin's or some thing to that effect.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 10:47 AM
To treat the muslim world, and their enormous wealth, in such a manner puts another nail in the American Coffin.

I can guarantee you the farmers and beef cattle producers in Australia, are rejoicing!

Tarabell952
01-12-2008, 10:54 AM
The other Republican candidates are sooooo diplomatic. Seriously.. Why would you want to elect someone who talks like that? You want that to be your president?

matthylland
01-12-2008, 11:58 AM
McCain also made a joke about one way plane tickets. It was like "They only trade burkas and one way plane tickets" which i thought was disrespectful as well.

santopia
01-12-2008, 12:15 PM
Huckabee said they're going to hell.

uncle saddam
01-12-2008, 12:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaKNz71LJ3s

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 12:47 PM
McCain also made a joke about one way plane tickets. It was like "They only trade burkas and one way plane tickets" which i thought was disrespectful as well.

The burqua joke was inappropriate. I thought the one about the planes isn't so much anti-Muslim as it is poking fun at 9-11.

ape
01-12-2008, 12:50 PM
It was bad and I expected it to be all over the news. RP says he wants to trade with muslim countries and mccain responds by saying he doesn't wanna trade with al qaeda, painting all muslims as al qaeda. It was a disgrace and he should be getting creamed for that remark.

coastie
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
The burqua joke was inappropriate. I thought the one about the planes isn't so much anti-Muslim as it is poking fun at 9-11.

Inappropriate does'nt quite cut it. I would like to say I'm surprised the media hasnt had a field day with these statements, but any idiot paying attention for the last year would be more surprised if they were'nt ignoring it.

I've now lost what sliver of respect I once had for McCain after that statement, and I also noticed his little smirks and how he winks after he says a soundbite. What a fucking piece of shit - I dont care anymore what he did in his past.

Sey.Naci
01-12-2008, 12:55 PM
Thompson: al Quaida only wants to trade burqas and take one-way trips.

This was in direct response to RP talking about trading with them, Iraqis and other middle eastern countries. So Thompson's remark lumps all citizens of the Middle East as a) Islamic, b) suicide, c) terrorists.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 12:55 PM
You're getting what you deserve.

You voted for them.

You wanted blood... Iraq was perfect!

Now your voting for more of the same...

gracebkr
01-12-2008, 01:57 PM
McCain stated that they only wanted to trade Burqus (Spell?) but he was referring to Al Queda.

Thompson stated something about them meeting thier Virgin's or some thing to that effect.

Well Al Queda is not the people who wear burqas, the Islamic women are. Itwas totally rascist, he made every mideasterner and Islamic person a terrorist.

gracebkr
01-12-2008, 01:58 PM
Thompson: al Quaida only wants to trade burqas and take one-way trips.

This was in direct response to RP talking about trading with them, Iraqis and other middle eastern countries. So Thompson's remark lumps all citizens of the Middle East as a) Islamic, b) suicide, c) terrorists.

That was McCain!

reaver
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM

McCain - trading burkas

Thompson - virgins.

Thompson screwed up and admitted Muslims are the right religion by conceding the existence of the virgins. Huckabee did quite the opposite and said they wouldn't get virgins but instead see the gates of hell. He could have said it really well- but it still would have been discrimination and prejudice.

Oxmyrth
01-13-2008, 01:11 AM
I wonder what the media backlash would have been if the Democratic candidates made the same statements as Huckabee, McCain, Giuliani and Thompson.

ronpvoter
01-13-2008, 01:07 PM
But digg.com didn't ignore it:
http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/John_McCain_s_racist_remarks

Xyrus2
01-13-2008, 11:49 PM
Those clips from the debate need to be stitched together and put into a commercial/radio add in Michigan.

~X~

dkim68
01-14-2008, 12:21 AM

McCain - trading burkas

Thompson - virgins.
This really gives us some insight into who the obedient dogs are for the Republican party.

Can you believe what the Republicans are debating right now? The logic is is that neither McCain, Huckabee, Thompson or Romney can beat Hilary or Obama. But Ron Paul can. So the Republicans are actually deciding on whether they would prefer to tolerate a Ron Paul administration or a Hilary or Obama administration for the next four years, with Hilary and Obama being more in line with Neo-Con values than Paul. It all makes me sick.

speciallyblend
01-14-2008, 08:49 AM
NATIONAL GOP wont answer their own phones hmmmm????