PDA

View Full Version : McCain's melanoma and health problems acting up again

malibu
01-12-2008, 09:31 AM
It should be no surprise to SC and MI voters that John McCain's long-standing bout

( See : http://www.medicinenet.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=14443 )

is being hidden to them by the mainstream media. Why ?

We understand quite well that patient confidentiality does usually prevent those discussions -

but NOT when you are running for "Sheriff" of these United States of America.

I noticed the large growth on his lower right face on Fox a couple weeks ago - it looked pretty gross - that discoloration is a VERY bad sign friends.

and I was wondering if it would pop up in a close-up at the SC debate.

No, the "Sheriff" had it surgically removed I guess -

but why no mention of whether it was benign ?

Is it because of John McCain's recurring history of melanoma ?

So how about some straight talk on your melanoma Senator ?

cc: hardball@msnbc.com Attn : Chris Matthews, Keith Olbermann

noztnac
01-12-2008, 09:32 AM
Melanoma is the least of his worries. I think he has brain cancer and it's messing up his thinking.

hellah10
01-12-2008, 09:35 AM
not just that... but he's been living with PTSD

PaultheSaint
01-12-2008, 09:38 AM
Melanoma is the least of his worries. I think he has brain cancer and it's messing up his thinking.

I was just going to ask if his condition attacks logical thought process.

I've never wished any ill effect on somebody but at so much at stake....

Dave Wood
01-12-2008, 09:51 AM
not just that... but he's been living with PTSD

Thats a really good point you just brought up.

Mccain, by law, isnt allowed to be president.

They just passed a law taking away gun rights from people with a history of ptsd.

The president of the USA has all of the big guns and control over who they are aimed at.

If I am not mistaken, this would mean that Mr. Mccain is simply ineligible for the position :eek:

DrCap
01-12-2008, 10:08 AM
As a doctor, I find it unethical to make specific assumptions about a public figure's health since as an outside MD I don't have any of the information his doctors have. However: in general melanoma can be a very serious cancer, and spread like wildfire, but can also be treated successfully. It certainly can spread to the brain, and he probably has gotten MRI's. If it had spread to the brain, though he probably would not be in the race and would instead be fighting for his life.

PTSD is also very serious and can dramatically alter one's perspectives about things. Symptoms can also be greatly suppressed. Not everyone exposed to trauma will get PTSD, it's kind of like, a relation between how bad the trauma is and how likely the person is to get PTSD. He was at risk for PTSD, but being at risk is not the same as having it.

Sadly our VA system is continuing to prevent treatment for our veterans from Iraq. You would think that we would have learned from Vietnam. We have not, our soldiers are not getting even the minimum treatment for PTSD and I have sadly watched this with some of my patients, doing what I can to help them, but knowing much should be done through the VA.
The Apache Indians probably had a better system of reintegrating warriors back into society than we have today. We know how to help them, but we are not doing it. That is truely bad medicine when one has the knowledge, resources and tools to help people but doesn't do it. I believe the VA doctors want to help but the Federal government doesn't want to fund the 'full cost' of the war right now and so is deferring this treatment.

Though I can be empathic about mcain's illness(s?) I strongly hate his politics. I believe he is a lifelong politician.

We don't gain much with non-supporters by looking at his health or Ghoul's health. (Unless there are new 'emergency' landings) If there are doubts, people would have to come to that conclusion themselves since we realy don't have any evidence to say they can't live another 4 years, and our candidate is not the youngest or physically strongest GOP contender.

Thomas Paine
01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
As a doctor, I find it unethical to make specific assumptions about a public figure's health since as an outside MD I don't have any of the information his doctors have. However: in general melanoma can be a very serious cancer, and spread like wildfire, but can also be treated successfully. It certainly can spread to the brain, and he probably has gotten MRI's. If it had spread to the brain, though he probably would not be in the race and would instead be fighting for his life.

PTSD is also very serious and can dramatically alter one's perspectives about things. Symptoms can also be greatly suppressed. Not everyone exposed to trauma will get PTSD, it's kind of like, a relation between how bad the trauma is and how likely the person is to get PTSD. He was at risk for PTSD, but being at risk is not the same as having it.

Sadly our VA system is continuing to prevent treatment for our veterans from Iraq. You would think that we would have learned from Vietnam. We have not, our soldiers are not getting even the minimum treatment for PTSD and I have sadly watched this with some of my patients, doing what I can to help them, but knowing much should be done through the VA.
The Apache Indians probably had a better system of reintegrating warriors back into society than we have today. We know how to help them, but we are not doing it. That is truely bad medicine when one has the knowledge, resources and tools to help people but doesn't do it. I believe the VA doctors want to help but the Federal government doesn't want to fund the 'full cost' of the war right now and so is deferring this treatment.

Though I can be empathic about mcain's illness(s?) I strongly hate his politics. I believe he is a lifelong politician.

We don't gain much with non-supporters by looking at his health or Ghoul's health. (Unless there are new 'emergency' landings) If there are doubts, people would have to come to that conclusion themselves since we realy don't have any evidence to say they can't live another 4 years, and our candidate is not the youngest or physically strongest GOP contender.

On a different note, my brother is a physician and former Navy Doctor and he said the best example to use against government run socialized medicine is the VA, which is grossly dysfunctional.

DAFTEK
01-12-2008, 10:15 AM
Now i know why he likes that song "Bomb Bomb Bomb, Bomb Iran" lol As soon as he is in the white house he is going for the BIG RED BUTTON :D

DrCap
01-12-2008, 10:25 AM
On a different note, my brother is a physician and former Navy Doctor and he said the best example to use against government run socialized medicine is the VA, which is grossly dysfunctional.

Don't get me wrong, the VA system is a huge mess administratively, and I would have long ago gone crazy working in that system, but I think the PEOPLE who work there, doctors, nurses, etc. do care about the patients, and try their best to help. But they don't have the nerve to scream when we are not helping our Veterans. I spent probably 6 months of my life or more in VA healthcare, and there were often times when veterans needed help, we knew what to do, but you had to move mountains to get them registered and treated. Often it was the doctors fighting against the administrators to get the needed help.

Socialized medicine would be a disaster for our country and probably would run like the VA. The problem is that the healthcare is going to get into a real crisis anyway, and when that happens, people will naturally say 'oh, we need bigger government to fix the mess.' I predict the crisis in 2-5 years.

Thomas Paine
01-12-2008, 10:27 AM
Don't get me wrong, the VA system is a huge mess administratively, and I would have long ago gone crazy working in that system, but I think the PEOPLE who work there, doctors, nurses, etc. do care about the patients, and try their best to help. But they don't have the nerve to scream when we are not helping our Veterans. I spent probably 6 months of my life or more in VA healthcare, and there were often times when veterans needed help, we knew what to do, but you had to move mountains to get them registered and treated. Often it was the doctors fighting against the administrators to get the needed help.

Socialized medicine would be a disaster for our country and probably would run like the VA. The problem is that the healthcare is going to get into a real crisis anyway, and when that happens, people will naturally so 'oh, we need bigger government to fix the mess.' I predict the crisis in 2-5 years.

I agree. By no means should my comments be construed as some sort of an indictment against the doctors, nurses, medical personnel, etc., in the VA.

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 10:34 AM
Thats a really good point you just brought up.

Mccain, by law, isnt allowed to be president.

They just passed a law taking away gun rights from people with a history of ptsd.

The president of the USA has all of the big guns and control over who they are aimed at.

If I am not mistaken, this would mean that Mr. Mccain is simply ineligible for the position :eek:

Actually, that's an interesting point. It would also be interesting to know how he voted on this legislation, if in fact he voted. If an American with PTSD is not allowed to have a gun per this legislation, how on earth could McCain, who has been diagnosed with PTSD, be allowed to have access to the button?