PDA

View Full Version : Iowa Out of State Volunteers Update

heiwa
07-24-2007, 01:24 PM
Hello All,

I just moved to Des Moines last Thursday and am helping to coordinate out of staters who are helping with the Straw Poll. Jeff Lins, the leader of the Iowa DVD project and I have set up a website:

http://www.paulforall.com

It's pretty simple, so I would be grateful if you would send your comments and suggestions to me at jen@paulforall.com.

The website has a registery for those of you coming. Please sign in if you plan to volunteer - the more we know about the number of people coming, the more we can effectively utilize your skills and time. Thanks so much.

Of major import at the moment:

1) We need straw poll flyers. If you have a printer, you can help. Please see this page (http://www.paulforall.com/DirectAction.htm#flyers) for information.

2) The Great Iowa DVD drop. The dvd's that Jeff and co. made have arrived and we will spend the next 2 weekends delivering them to the people of Ames and surrounding areas. If you can get here and help, please let me know.

I've also put up a blog, which you will see on the website. I'm not an excellent writer, but I did put up some of the info from the Des Moines meetup last night which you might find interesting.

Please e-mail me if I can help you with your own efforts to help Dr. Paul win in Iowa.

I'd also be thankful if you could pass this message on to anyone (or meetup groups) that you think would like to have this info.

And finally, I'm not able to visit the forums so much these days, so if you have comments or suggestions (please, I beg you, no "he doesn't have a chance" e-mails. I don't have time for that kind of foolishness :) please e-mail me directly.

Thank you and let's keep moving onward!

In Peace,
Jen
jen@paulforall.com

TeeJay
07-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Thanks Jen. Its a great web site!

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
From Heiwa's blog:

"He also mentioned that there are over 300 volunteers calling Iowans. Please call more - this is crucial. I’ve spent a few days on the streets so far, and I can tell you that for the most part they are incredibly open to hearing about new candidates. "

Question... If there are over 20,000 members in the RP Meetup Groups, why in hell are there only 300 volunteers calling Iowans? There were more than that signed up for Spooner, wasn't there?

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 10:55 PM
On the website it says they need flyers and are asking everyone to print them off and bring them. This would be MUCH more cheaply done by taking them to a printer and having them print these in bulk; not to mention would give them the volume it looks like they're wanting.

FSP-Rebel
07-24-2007, 11:02 PM
From Heiwa's blog:

"He also mentioned that there are over 300 volunteers calling Iowans. Please call more - this is crucial. I’ve spent a few days on the streets so far, and I can tell you that for the most part they are incredibly open to hearing about new candidates. "

Question... If there are over 20,000 members in the RP Meetup Groups, why in hell are there only 300 volunteers calling Iowans? There were more than that signed up for Spooner, wasn't there?
Many people may not feel comfortable calling people about Dr. Paul. Everyone has there strengths, we should do what comforts us most: writing op-eds, calling/mailing folks, donating to whatever, etc. I'll bet that the over 300 that call for Paul are outstanding at it and are calling at least 25 each. That's at least 7500 people, I'd guess a hell-of-alot more. Keep in mind that 20,000 meetup members=about 5000 bust-your-ass people who are extremely dedicated. These are the folks that will prop-up everyone else that get's involved.