PDA

View Full Version : Should Ron Paul hold a press conference to address the racial allegations?

IHaveaDream
01-12-2008, 08:44 AM
Some very serious charges of racist tendencies have been directed at Ron Paul. He has responded by saying that the charges are politically motivated and that he is completely innocent. However, the issue has prompted additional questions which he appears to be avoiding.

This is not a matter which can be lightly dismissed. I fully support Ron Paul's message. However, if he continues to dodge questions and interviews about these allegations, I will be forced to reconsider whether he is willing or capable of bearing the scrutiny that a Commander-in-Chief is subjected to on a routine basis.

I believe these charges must be fully vetted once and for all. Ron Paul must hold a formal press conference and thoroughly explain why he bears no substantial accountability in this matter. He should allow the press corp an ample opportunity to ask follow-up questions. And he should offer formal apologies if any are warranted.

Once this is done, he must allow the public to decide for themselves whether his efforts to reconcile the facts have been satisfactory. He owes it to his supporters, the electorate, and most importantly, the victims of the caustic commentary delivered in his name.

leglock
01-12-2008, 08:49 AM
I believe so.

xxxander
01-12-2008, 09:12 AM
obviously a racist

http://img216.imageshack.us/img216/9185/drpaulatnursinghomewk9gkg7.th.jpg (http://img216.imageshack.us/my.php?image=drpaulatnursinghomewk9gkg7.jpg)

risiusj
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
It couldn't hurt.

hazek
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
Please stop talking about it. The more you talk about it the more damage you do. None of the other press conference's got almost any media attention but you can bet all of your money this one would. And as soon as you have Ron up on that podium saying the word "racist" it's over it sets the frame for everyone to question it and with a little spin from the media he will become one.

Just ignore it.

plb
01-12-2008, 09:21 AM
The only one in congress who would pay out of his own pocket for a medal for rosa parks....nuff said.

rooteroa
01-12-2008, 10:04 AM
No. The fact that he doesn't know who wrote them at all would open him up to be nailed and then they'd show the clip of him saying that over and over.

Hope
01-12-2008, 10:22 AM
It'd be like blood in the water. It would only attract more attention to it, make it more of an issue than it is. People would hear "racist" and ignore/shrug off Ron Paul's assertations that the allegation is false.

coffeewithchess
01-12-2008, 10:26 AM
Paul should hold a press conference like Duncan Hunter and let the media believe he is dropping out...then announce there was vote FRAUD in New Hampshire and point out why the other candidates shouldn't be voted for.