PDA

View Full Version : Something to Lift Your Spirits on Iowa

gravesdav
07-24-2007, 01:15 PM
I agree with some of your concerns on Iowa. We've done a lot of work and I think we need some communication from the campaign as far how things are going.
But I was looking at this website....
http://www.paulforall.com/
A lot of work is going on in Iowa. I was inspired by the planning and dedication by the people at this website. I agree Ron needs to be on the ground, but he will be.
We just have to keep calling, writing letters, and donating.

JoshLowry
07-24-2007, 01:21 PM
Yep, Jen is getting a large number of people that are calling that will be helping out in the days leading up to the straw poll.

We have our work cut out for us, but I already have that feeling. It's electric and it's in the air.

ARealConservative
07-24-2007, 01:31 PM
I hope you are right.

At this point Dr. Paul has been in Iowa twice - but only in Des Moines - and only for a single event. He also called into a radio program once and his campaign chair called in another time. His campaign appearances amount to about 4 hours tops.

Tommy Tom Thompson will hit all 99 counties prior to the straw poll. Huckabee will be on a bus tour through the entire state. Even those that dropped out of the poll are coming to Iowa - and they will be on the straw poll ballot.

LibertyEagle
07-24-2007, 01:33 PM
If they "dropped out", why are they being included on the ballot? Seems to me their dropping out was just an excuse if they did poorly.

ARealConservative
07-24-2007, 01:40 PM
If they "dropped out", why are they being included on the ballot? Seems to me their dropping out was just an excuse if they did poorly.

They dropped out from participating. They aren't renting space. They aren't showing up to give a speech, but every candidate that has met the criteria to gain ballot access in Iowa should be included in the poll.

Scribbler de Stebbing
07-24-2007, 01:53 PM
They dropped out so they could say they didn't even try, and see how they did. Like the kid who loses the arm wrestling contest and says, "I wasn't even trying." They still want to do well and are campaigning, they just want to say they didn't.