PDA

View Full Version : It's not over yet in Michigan, Finishing 3rd is easier than you all realize

Rob
01-12-2008, 08:14 AM
For those of you who aren't aware, you all need to be brought up to speed with the exact way the Michigan primaries work.

Each of the 15 Districts award one delegate to that winner.

Meaning if we have concentrated support in any district we can WIN that district and get delegates for Ron Paul!

Of particular note at the 15 and 14 districts. We're doing extremely well in Ann Arbor, which is the most populous city in the 15th District.

The vast majority of Arabs are in Dearborn in the 14th district, and those that aren't in the 14th are mostly in the 15th! For those of you who don't know, More Arabs live in Dearborn than any other city in Michigan.

These two districts are very winnable for Ron Paul as may be several others.

Do not lose hope my friends we may be able to shock the nation and even the Ron Paul nationals if we win 3 or 4 delegates and still finish 3rd despite the lack of campaigning and money spent here.

Check out the District Map:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Congress01-state-E_43697_7.pdf

Get out there and spread the message!

We're also doing very well in district 8: Check out Google trends, East Lansing falls within there.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=US&geor=usa.mi&date=ytd&sort=0

shasshas
01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
we need to finish FIRST

Highstreet
01-12-2008, 08:19 AM
bump

Rob
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
For everyone across the country, and perhaps world, lets win some delegates in MI for Ron together!

If you look at the districts I previously mentioned in the above post and target the local Democratic Party chairs, you may be able to get them to support Ron Paul given the Democratic Primary situation, please read up on that if you don't know.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/2008-01-08-michigan-primary_N.htm

If we win just 3 districts, we'll likely finish 3rd and get real delegates for Ron at the national convention.

Please contact as many local Democratic leaders in districts 8,14, and 15 and politely explain Paul's Anti-war pro civil liberty stance. Ask them if it would not be great to have 2 anti-war candidates in the Race or at the very least help someone other than a "front runner" win to keep the Republicans fighting amongst themselves until the national convention instead of uniting behind one candidate to focus on Democrats earlier.

If you'd like to contact more local Democratic leaders than the ones mentioned by all means do it. You might find it to be fun :D.

For those of you who don't think this may be success, I have already had the leader for one of the "top tier" Democratic candidates in Ann Arbor tell me she's voting for Ron Paul.

PaultheSaint
01-12-2008, 08:25 AM
we need to finish FIRST

Going to be tough being HQ not dumping no money in the State while Mitt and McCain are plastered here. Occasional Rudy commerical also.

gagnonstudio
01-12-2008, 08:31 AM
We are in a statistical tie for third in the latest Michigan Poll.

McCain 23%
Romney 17%
Huckabee 11%
Paul 8%
Giuliani 8%
Thompson 4%

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2008/latestpolls/index.html

Rob
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
STOP

Do you realize what a 3rd place finish would do???

The image of Ron Paul would be one of surging. Sure people in the media will try to downplay it, but a 3rd place finish in State that Ron Paul didn't even visit in the days before the primary, will turn heads, of that you can be sure. I DARE say it will motivate many of you, make you realize we actually can do this.

Who knows we may even surprise and inspire the man himself.

Let me tell you a story. We made this video at Michigan

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BFy--JHgYIw

Ron Paul himself then watched and was surprised how well he did. In fact that video was one of things that got him to realize he may have success with "liberals."

He then came to the University of Michigan.

He, Synder, and Moore we all shocked.

We had more people than they had ever seen at a rally for Ron Paul 2,500+

http://youtube.com/watch?v=i-71IwDWRf8

In fact to my knowledge, that rally had the largest attendance of any rally for ANY Republican candidate anywhere in MI for this election.

There is real support for Ron Paul in Michigan, especially in those districts I mentioned. If we get enough support in them, we're going to win them, win delegates, and most likely finish at least 3rd.

RollOn2day
01-12-2008, 08:33 AM
We do NOT need to finish first! Having this expectation or demanding this be met is counter to the reality of this movement.

Small gains and keeping in the race until November is the way to win the White House. Most people still don't even know who Ron Paul is much less what he stands for. Getting through the Republican primaries and taking 10-15 percent of the GOP, the most UNLIKELY group to support him, is all we need.

Ron Paul for President.....with or without the GOP!

Rob
01-12-2008, 08:34 AM
I'd love to bump this all day.........

.......but I'm going to be out side managing the Ann Arbor canvass, and probably going door to door myself.

mkrfctr
01-12-2008, 08:50 AM
Well so far a statistical tie for 3rd place while being listed in 5th has resulted in ... wait for it ... wait for it ... 5th place.

Sad but true - carry on. Change it. :-D

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 08:53 AM
Well so far a statistical tie for 3rd place while being listed in 5th has resulted in ... wait for it ... wait for it ... 5th place.

Sad but true - carry on. Change it. :-D

Let's wait for the recount before we agree with that. But still, make it a really good third or better.

SilentBull
01-12-2008, 10:42 AM
When are you guys going to understand that THERE IS FRAUD GOING ON???????????????????????????????????????????????? ??

HE WILL NOT MAKE THIRD ANYWHERE!!!!!!!!

Eponym_mi
01-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Do you realize what a 3rd place finish would do???

Probably not much. It will be written off as a fluke due to Dem crossovers even if he came in 1st.

Eponym_mi
01-12-2008, 10:57 AM
When are you guys going to understand that THERE IS FRAUD GOING ON

Check your dosage and get of the rubber room once in awhile.:rolleyes:

dawnbt
01-12-2008, 11:00 AM
Going to be tough being HQ not dumping no money in the State while Mitt and McCain are plastered here. Occasional Rudy commerical also.

+1

Crickett
01-12-2008, 11:10 AM
Think you should spend the MOST time in the smaller districts, now. If the smaller ones are still worth a delegate then maybe getting to all of the voters there would be easier. I do not know..just sayin'..

xerigen
01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
You're right, Rob! Michigan is much easier than you may think. Wayne county was polled at nearly 70% democrat and I'm confident that 95% of the democrats I've talked to will vote for Ron Paul since democrats don't get any delegates anyways. Some people STILL will vote for Hillary even though it won't count but 95/100 ain't bad.

Swmorgan77
01-12-2008, 02:46 PM
For everyone across the country, and perhaps world, lets win some delegates in MI for Ron together!

We should also be preparing to get delegates in a brokered convention, meaning get pro Ron Paul people in place as the State delegates despite how those states vote.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 02:52 PM
Can independents vote in that primary?

Why couldn't we pick up all the antiwar people who will not have a chance to vote for Obama, Edwards, etc? The dems are boycotting Michigan.

Edit: So, yes, independents can vote for Republicans in Michigan, but I suppose any Dem who wanted to cast an antiwar vote for Ron would have to change registration to indie.

Paul4Prez
01-12-2008, 02:58 PM

Why couldn't we pick up all the antiwar people who will not have a chance to vote for Obama, Edwards, etc? The dems are boycotting Michigan.

If people voted rationally, yes. In New Hampshire, anti-war voters picked McCain over Ron Paul. Don't ask me why.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 03:00 PM
If people voted rationally, yes. In New Hampshire, anti-war voters picked McCain over Ron Paul. Don't ask me why.

Many antiwar independents voted for Obama, Edwards, etc, in NH. Dems are not holding a primary in Michigan.

xerigen
01-12-2008, 03:02 PM
Many antiwar independents voted for Obama, Edwards, etc, in NH. Dems are not holding a primary in Michigan.

It's an open primary. Democrats can vote for Republicans.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM
It's an open primary. Democrats can vote for Republicans.

Are you sure?

jabrownie
01-12-2008, 03:29 PM
Yes, he's right, it's open. When you show up at the polls, just ask for a republican ballot, that's all there is to it.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Yes, he's right, it's open. When you show up at the polls, just ask for a republican ballot, that's all there is to it.

In this case we should be running antiwar ads like crazy in Michigan right now.

limequat
01-12-2008, 03:34 PM
For those of you who aren't aware, you all need to be brought up to speed with the exact way the Michigan primaries work.

Each of the 15 Districts award one delegate to that winner.

Meaning if we have concentrated support in any district we can WIN that district and get delegates for Ron Paul!

Of particular note at the 15 and 14 districts. We're doing extremely well in Ann Arbor, which is the most populous city in the 15th District.

The vast majority of Arabs are in Dearborn in the 14th district, and those that aren't in the 14th are mostly in the 15th! For those of you who don't know, More Arabs live in Dearborn than any other city in Michigan.

These two districts are very winnable for Ron Paul as may be several others.

Do not lose hope my friends we may be able to shock the nation and even the Ron Paul nationals if we win 3 or 4 delegates and still finish 3rd despite the lack of campaigning and money spent here.

Check out the District Map:

http://www.michigan.gov/documents/Congress01-state-E_43697_7.pdf

Get out there and spread the message!

We're also doing very well in district 8: Check out Google trends, East Lansing falls within there.

http://www.google.com/trends?q=ron+paul&ctab=0&geo=US&geor=usa.mi&date=ytd&sort=0

I thought michigan was winner-take-all?

housebrand
01-12-2008, 03:36 PM
Rudy officially scored 8.53% in NH -he got rounded up to 9% -if Rudy got like 80 less votes in NH he would be tied with RP for 4th at 8%

related video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8PEw0MhL4Cc

The Only Woj
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
a top 3 finish would be great.

I sincerely believe that had we gotten 4th in Iowa and 3rd in NH it would be a whole new ballgame. But, as it is now, we're still in the back. A top finish will give us some important leverage moving on. Can't change the past, but we need to make sure this happens in our future.

Mastiff
01-12-2008, 04:07 PM
a top 3 finish would be great.

I sincerely believe that had we gotten 4th in Iowa and 3rd in NH it would be a whole new ballgame. But, as it is now, we're still in the back. A top finish will give us some important leverage moving on. Can't change the past, but we need to make sure this happens in our future.

Agreed, 3rd would be great. It's progress and the MSM always reports 1-3rd place even if they blow off the rest.

Rob
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM

Edit: So, yes, independents can vote for Republicans in Michigan, but I suppose any Dem who wanted to cast an antiwar vote for Ron would have to change registration to indie.

Registered Democrats can vote Republican. It's as open as it gets, I have no idea why the nationals haven't been hitting Michigan harder.

Rob
01-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I thought michigan was winner-take-all?

It's not what I stated is 100% accurate.

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 05:07 PM
Good idea. Now you need workers. People willing to pick up the phone and call folks in MI. Where you gonna find them? I tried for 12 hours yesterday to get folks to help out with a calling spree we are doing in AZ. I got one volunteer. One. We needed 4000. We can add that one to the 125 in AZ willing to help. Now we have 126.

Something has to change around here. When this board started it was full of people willing to go out and do whatever it took to get Ron Paul elected. Now, it is full of people with grandiose insanely impossibly expensive schemes and no one helps.

I don't know what happened. But it breaks my heart.

If you read this and are willing to make some calls to people who are receiving early ballots as we speak, please go here and ask for some phone numbers: azballotchasers@gmail.com

And let folks know that you were willing to fight for the cause of freedom.

parocks
01-12-2008, 05:37 PM
In this case we should be running antiwar ads like crazy in Michigan right now.

Basically, there's one real primary that means anything, the Republican primary.

And everyone, Republicans, Democrats, Independents can vote in it.

Yes, I think it would be useful to reach Democrats with the antiwar message.