PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Precinct Leader program.

Luft97
01-12-2008, 06:38 AM
I just had this thought about it, I don't know much about it but what is to stop someone from signing up to be a spoiler?

What I mean is someone who is trying to stop us signing up and making use of our lists for thier candidate or even signing up then doing nothing making it appear we have a leader in that district when we really do not.

My wife is the Precinct leader for our district and I haven't looked into the whole process but I could see that we could be taken advantage of here. :(

I expect our rivals to sink pretty low to try and stop us.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 06:59 AM
Well I've already been accused of being a "spy" and a "phony" by one of my nearby Meetup group members. He's never even spoken or met me face-to-face. His suspicions were aroused when I setup up several meetup groups in major communities around my county. He felt I was dividing the base of supporters in the area because there was an existing group that represented the entire NW corner of the state. Well I sent him my cell phone # and even had dinner with his NW Meetup group organizer this week. I have yet to hear back from him. *shrugs*

You're totally right though. There is that possiblity of someone infiltrating our movement and messing things up for us. If you notice on your respective precinct leader pages, all the other leaders in your area have their contact info is listed. I think the thing to do is to contact all of them and try to organize a meetup. Then when you meet them face-to-face you should be able to tell whether or not they're a Huckabee stooge or a Hilary mole, etc. And mostly likely the true spies would be no-shows, or hang up on you when you call them. Then if you feel strongly enough you can contact your State's Coordinator and let them know "Hey, something's not right about this guy." and report them.

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 07:07 AM
Contacting other nearby precinct leaders and getting to know them is the best way to keep out moles.

I wouldn't worry too too much about this though since other campaigns will be more focused on turning out their own votes. And they won't have the same number of volunteers we do. At least they'd better not if more people get on board.

I still don't have names for my precinct yet, that worries me more than moles. I am waiting to print out slim jims but I don't know which ones or how many I need yet.