PDA

View Full Version : Bush screws gunowners, and we need to capitalize on the backlash.

Silverback
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2008/01/government_file.php

Fedgov. has filed an amicus brief in the Heller case, encouraging overturning the ruling that the outright handgun ban is unconstitutional.

The entire second amendment community is going to be livid when the word gets out, and we need to be the campaign that makes it an issue.

Does anybody have a pipeline to the campaignso we can make sure they're out in front on this? I've already seen this news convert people, it's a huge blow to the establishment GOP.

Silverback
01-12-2008, 03:12 PM
Bump for day crew.

American
01-12-2008, 03:13 PM
Interesting, This should go over well. I hope it gets some air time. I will post this everywhere.

Thanks

WillInMiami
01-12-2008, 03:38 PM
BUMP!

It was I that gave this a 5 star rating. As a veteran (82nd Abn division), southerner (only lived in Miami for a few years - grew up in more "southern" areas), and, most importantly, gun owner/carrier that believes VERY STRONGLY in the right to keep AND BARE arms, I think that this is an IMPORTANT issue that needs to be addressed. Furthermore, I agree with the poster that this is a FANTASTIC issue for the good Dr. to raise (first)!

WillInMiami
01-12-2008, 03:46 PM
bump (again)

TruckinMike
01-12-2008, 03:51 PM
Ron ... Where are you? Yooo - hooo oh Rooonnie

How 'bout a word for protecting the second from the gun grabbing elites in the GOP!! (and dems)

TMike

Edit: Imagine if the GOP tried to infringe upon the first amendment like they are doing to the second... this forum would go nuts! The question i have is --- Why isn't this forum going nuts over this issue??? Wake up Folks, without guns, you have NO rights-- forget the first amendment, because it'll go second, right after they ban firearms!

WillInMiami
01-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Ron ... Where are you? Yooo - hooo oh Rooonnie

How 'bout a word for protecting the second from the gun grabbing elites in the GOP!! (and dems)

TMike

Edit: Imagine if the GOP tried to infringe upon the first amendment like they are doing to the second... this forum would go nuts! The question i have is --- Why isn't this forum going nuts over this issue??? Wake up Folks, without guns, you have NO rights-- forget the first amendment, because it'll go second, right after they ban firearms!

BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

Drea
01-12-2008, 04:01 PM
Bump!!!!!!!

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 04:06 PM
The link isn't working for me. (403 Forbidden error)

Drea
01-12-2008, 04:30 PM
Links worked for me --just tried them again.

Don't know what to suggest for you.

Drea

cheese
01-12-2008, 04:34 PM
BUMP!

It was I that gave this a 5 star rating. As a veteran (82nd Abn division), southerner (only lived in Miami for a few years - grew up in more "southern" areas), and, most importantly, gun owner/carrier that believes VERY STRONGLY in the right to keep AND BARE arms, I think that this is an IMPORTANT issue that needs to be addressed. Furthermore, I agree with the poster that this is a FANTASTIC issue for the good Dr. to raise (first)!

I second that

ConstitutionReinstitution
01-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Want to hear what us gun owners think of it? Well, here you go, 19 pages and counting... (this is a huge gun forum)

Lesser of two evils? Never again.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=661198

Caution, severe language.

TruckinMike
01-12-2008, 05:10 PM
bump

lynnf
01-12-2008, 06:55 PM
http://armsandthelaw.com/archives/2008/01/government_file.php

Fedgov. has filed an amicus brief in the Heller case, encouraging overturning the ruling that the outright handgun ban is unconstitutional.

The entire second amendment community is going to be livid when the word gets out, and we need to be the campaign that makes it an issue.

Does anybody have a pipeline to the campaignso we can make sure they're out in front on this? I've already seen this news convert people, it's a huge blow to the establishment GOP.

that's not all:

Bush signs bill, AKA "Veterans Disarmament Act"

see the White House press release, below. Sounds real innocent, doesn't it? why was it passed by both houses by voice vote, after it was promised to the body that there was no more business until recess, signed by Bush just before going to Israel so it would be buried in that news?

reported to be set up to deny Veterans their gun ownership rights - any Veteran that had been accused of PTSD would probably be subject to it. also, anyone convicted of MISDEMEANOR family violence would be subject.

"H.R. 2640, the "NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007," which requires accurate information on individuals prohibited from possessing firearms to be transmitted by State and local government and Federal agencies to the Justice Department-administered National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS); and provides incentives for facilitating electronic transmission of such information to NICS."

http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2008/01/20080108-7.html

voortrekker
01-12-2008, 08:39 PM
The 2nd Amendment MUST, MUST be preserved AT ALL COSTS!!!!

THE 2nd Amedment MUST be preserved at ALL COSTS!!!!

This Amendment is an American's last ditch effort to thwart tyranny.

Know the history of the world and you will understand. Nazi Germany, Communist Soviet Union, etc.

Americans, we are the last, WE ARE THE LAST standing for INDIVIDUAL FREEDOM!

The world is watching us RIGHT NOW!

Though there is a very dark cloud descending on our nation, WE, Ron Paul supporters, lovers of freedom, WE ARE THE the points of light THE ENTIRE WORLD IS COUNTING ON, RIGHT NOW!

If we lose the 2nd Amendment IT IS OVER!

If we lose the RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS, Our country, our REPUBLIC will be absolutely GONE FOREVER!

Whether you own a gun or not, I sincerely hope all of you understand the purpose of the 2nd Amendment.

They may steal my vote, but I will be DEAD before they take my rifle!!!!!!! And by GOD, if they take it, they are going to earn it.

Become an American Rifleman, RIGHT NOW.

Learn how to hit targets out to 500 yards with iron sights. All with a rack grade rifle and milsurp ammo.

Learn about your American heritage too. The speech on the "Three Strikes of the Match", that day, April 19th, 1775, the day that Marksmanship met History and Liberty was born.

Here's a start: appleseedinfo.org

TruckinMike
01-12-2008, 09:12 PM
The NRA played an active roll in hiding this bill from the public!

NONE of there members were sent an alarm to call reps and senators. The NRA leadership was complicit in the passage of this bill! PERIOD.

Cancel your NRA memberships and join ---- the Gun Owners of America(GOA) http://www.gunowners.org/and the Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership(JPFO)http://www.jpfo.org/!

This bill is just one example of many that the NRA had a quiet hand in. By withholding information, they have in effect helped the bill pass. And they know it.

TMike

gerryb
01-12-2008, 09:45 PM
Want to hear what us gun owners think of it? Well, here you go, 19 pages and counting... (this is a huge gun forum)

Lesser of two evils? Never again.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=661198

Caution, severe language.

wow, the people in that forum are hopeless sheep. Don't go to their politics section, makes me sad..