PDA

View Full Version : Push Poll For Paul!!

PeterNewm
01-12-2008, 04:21 AM
The previous calling and campaigning we did was insufficient to get the information to enough voters.

So, I propose a complex push poll to help people get the information they need.

What is required: 1) a phone list (or venue) of potential primary voters to use.
2) Supporter to use this list
3) A script to use

A script format could be something like this:
Hello, I'm XXXXX, and I'm conducting a short survey regarding the primary elections in XXXXX, do you have a moment to answer a few questions?
(response)
On a scale of 1-5, where 1 is strongly disagree, 3 is neutral, 5 is strongly agree.
1) How do you feel about candidate Dr. Ron Paul's proposal to end the war and stop spending money in foreign countries?
(If positive) Do you think it's possible to bring the troops home and let the Arabs fight each other without us there?
(If negative) Do you think it's possible to continue the war without causing the dollar to lose value from overprinting by the government?

2) How do you feel about candidate Dr. Ron Paul's proposal to end the personal income tax for all Americans, by ending government spending on all the unnecessary government programs and anything he believes is unconstitutional?
(response)

3) Which candidate are you most likely to vote for?
1- Dr. Ron Paul or 2 - any of the others
(response)
there could be follow-ups regarding specific issues, etc.

anyway, it could go on like that and there could be enough questions that the caller could go to the specific questions that may interest the specific listener. . .

If responses are positive, the final question should be:
X) Do you plan on voting at XXXX's primary/caucus on XXXX?
(reminds listener to go vote!)

If asked who, say it is an independent survey for small government association of XXXX or whatever.

wackybrak
01-12-2008, 04:25 AM
I think push-polling is a tactic dr. paul is resoundingly against, and it using to drum up support for him would be highly hypocritical. also, this is quite poorly written.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 04:25 AM
No.

PeterNewm
01-12-2008, 04:30 AM
I think push-polling is a tactic dr. paul is resoundingly against, and it using to drum up support for him would be highly hypocritical. also, this is quite poorly written.

I think you misread the post, I'm not asking Dr Paul to push poll, and I don't appreciate you discouraging others from a tried and true method of spreading the views.
Your sentence is poorly written and has insufficient explanation of "hypocritical". Like paying the media money for advertising because of their inequality of covering paul is hypocritical or what?

PeterNewm
01-12-2008, 04:33 AM
No.

You're out then I guess, that answers the question of who is unwilling to support Paul's message in this manner.
Now is there people who will support Ron Paul's message distributino in this proven effective way?
They actually do the same thing in media and normal conversation, only the name seem to give it the stigma, not the concept. . .

Marc3579
01-12-2008, 04:38 AM
No thanks, I'll pass.

SteveMartin
01-12-2008, 05:16 AM
It's not a "push/poll" unless the purpose is to spread negative information against other candidate(s).

Push/polling would be a horrible idea, but what you are proposing looks fine to me...except for some of the wording...

PeterNewm
01-12-2008, 06:11 PM
It's not a "push/poll" unless the purpose is to spread negative information against other candidate(s).

Push/polling would be a horrible idea, but what you are proposing looks fine to me...except for some of the wording...

Where can I coordinate with people on the logistics of this?
We're running out of time!!!

DealzOnWheelz
01-12-2008, 06:23 PM
ok You seriously need to change the angle at which you are calling people

The form that you have above is a very aggressive push of Ron Paul, that can have a galvanizing affect to people who are strongly against him we want to make sure only Ron Paul supporters vote not everybody.

The best way would be to Ask them more open ended questions about certain issues and then if and only if they agree with Ron Paul's stances you give them info about Ron Paul

But you conduct it like an unbiased survey and then when you get someone who does not agree with his positions you can thank them and move on

But when you open with pro ron paul questions you can make some people be sure to go vote against him

you basically want to target your audience

Marc3579
01-12-2008, 06:38 PM
I learned that in my Business Writing class, you have to target your audience with everything you write from a business point of view. So, I think we'd be better suited to go with open ended questions. Instead of going with straight out of the gate questions that are biased an to try and paint other candidates in a bad light. It may be very well, true that Ron Paul is the best conservative on the debate stage. I believe that to be true in all of my heart and soul.

This could only cause to drive people away from Ron Paul instead of garnering him more support. People are set in their routines, I know I am, that's all fine and dandy too. But, I'd say go with a blind poll type of setting. Where you don't name the candidates, you just outline their "issues". Let the issues speak for themselves, instead of Plastering Ron Paul everywhere in the "Poll". I think this, would help sway people to vote for him more than, jumping out of the gate with biased questions.

hueylong
01-12-2008, 07:00 PM
Terrible Idea.

melianthus
01-12-2008, 07:03 PM
Got to Ronpaul2008.com and sign up as a precinct leader and you will be given a script.

Xenophage
01-12-2008, 07:10 PM
I don't really see this is as a bad idea, if the questions were worded correctly.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 09:07 PM
...I propose a complex push poll to help people get the information they need.

Push polls are regarded as a slimy tactic; something done to trick voters and news organizations and sometimes throw mud at opponents.

Real bad idea.

However, Paul would denounce any such effort, so if it's attention you want...

noztnac
01-12-2008, 10:20 PM
Please do not do that. You don't seem to understand how push polls work. The people being polled should not be aware of which candidate you are pushing.

Better to use another candidate's name in a semi-negative way.

People aren't as stupid as you seem to think they are.

Unless you know what you are doing stick to doing honest straightforward ways of getting out the message.