PDA

View Full Version : CNN Paula Zahn segment on Ron Paul

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-22-2007, 07:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDnkpTkNXtM

The message is getting through. SOME of the MSM does think RP made a good point in the last debate. It's going to happen, guys. This campaign is making headway.

AlexAmore
05-22-2007, 08:09 AM
That 12 year old kid is so brainwashed.

theblatanttruth
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
The extreme right are doing NOTHING to help their cause by being so blatantly blind. The publicity of Ron Paul's views repeating on CNN is helping, and the extreme right wing radicals are helping. Do they really thing the American public is THAT stupid? Holy cow man, just... wow.

If CNN and the like start talking more and more about Ron Paul's viewpoints, I guarantee at least 60% of Americans would jump on board, period. At LEAST.

cujothekitten
05-22-2007, 08:13 AM
Good vid

qednick
05-22-2007, 08:23 AM
I just watched this while eating breakfast. Thanks for posting it - you made my day!!

That kid mentioned about the ragheads using Mickey Mouse to brainwash their kids to be haters. What he didn't realize is that Fox News has brainwashed him to be a hater. What a doofus. :rolleyes:

Jeff556
05-22-2007, 08:58 AM
OMG, has Ron Paul actually got people THINKING?? This debate is going on everywhere.

burnice
05-22-2007, 09:30 AM
That's what I find so exciting about all this - debate about real issues is actually taking place!

vertesc
05-22-2007, 09:37 AM
As much fun as this was to watch, let's not start praising CNN here: this was just as staged as anything Fox has put on regarding the debate. The token Republican was the nuttiest guy they could find! It was a set up, albeit one that was definitely on RP's side.

CNN seems to be backing Ron Paul in the Republican primary. Maybe it's in the hopes that he'll divide the party, maybe it's for idealogical reasons, maybe it's because he just makes good news. For whatever reason, it's nice to be out from under the business end of one MSM company's clout.

NMCB3
05-22-2007, 09:41 AM
CNN seems to be backing Ron Paul in the Republican primary. Maybe it's in the hopes that he'll divide the party, maybe it's for idealogical reasons, maybe it's because he just makes good news. For whatever reason, it's nice to be out from under the business end of one MSM company's clout. Thats kind of what I was thinking, but exposure is exposure. If Democrats will switch to Republicans to vote for RP, and independent swing voters do the same along with however many sane paleoconservitives are left, we have a real chance.

CurtisLow
05-22-2007, 09:45 AM
Wake up America! the time is now!

TheDuke
05-22-2007, 09:51 AM
The program's anchor is actually standing up for Ron Paul, that's a first... I hope that Ben-guy gets older and wiser soon, and learns to not always see things black and white.

billv
05-22-2007, 10:48 AM
Haha, the kid says Americans' didn't do anything. They do it because they are crazy. LOL. We give their radical leaders fuel to turn the masses against us in support of their twisted agenda. The people are being used over there by their media and leaders just as ours are used over here. It doesn't help for us to carelessly provide ammo that could confirm and cement in the minds of many Middle Easterners that we are the "zionist enemy trying to take over the Middle East". Stupid, simplistic people. I once read we are not hated because of our foreign policy, but because they are jealous of us. There are many reasons they hate us. I can't just say foreign policy alone is the reason. But it certainly adds fuel to the fire and swells the terrorist ranks.

billv
05-22-2007, 10:52 AM
"These people are crazy. They are not rational. They are willing to blow themselves up." Like their brains are wired wrong. They are very rational and are fully functioning within their system of belief and reacting sol.

Hawaii Libertarian
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
We've seen some reasonable interviews (by cable TV news standards, anyway) from two CNN hosts, Wolf Blitzer and now Paula Zahn. If Ted Turner was still running things, it might not be so, but perhaps CNN is making a shrewd marketing decision by trying to posture itself as the network that, while not tossing softballs to RP, at least treats him fairly and courteously. I know I have conscientiously avoided Faux New$ as much as possible and watched more CNN lately, and I attribute that to how they've been fairer in their TV coverage of RP than anyone else.

I still think the campaign needs to be very judicious of who it accepts interview requests from. I read on another thread that the campaign refused invitations from Michelle Malkin and Bill O'Reilly. Good riddance to them. We definitely don't need to have a "Mike Wallace" moment such as when he asked Romney if he had premarital sex with his wife--talk about a stupid, irrelevant, privacy invading question!

Bob Cochran
05-22-2007, 12:09 PM
Wake up America! the time is now!
That's almost like "It's morning in America."

I personally would not object if Ron Paul borrowed that beautiful little Ronald Reagan phrase. I visited the Reagan Library in Simi Valley a couple of summers ago. That phrase was echoing in my mind as I stood in front of Mr. Reagan's memorial, where he is buried. It gives you chills.

If Ron Paul could inject that kind of infectious optimism into his campaign in a tasteful way, it could be very potent stuff.

Bob Cochran
05-22-2007, 12:10 PM
We definitely don't need to have a "Mike Wallace" moment such as when he asked Romney if he had premarital sex with his wife--talk about a stupid, irrelevant, privacy invading question!
That was utterly brain-dead.

billv
05-22-2007, 12:18 PM
CNN can be just like Faux News sometimes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEWpITpeDs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEWpITpeDs)

Hawaii Libertarian
05-22-2007, 12:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEWpITpeDs (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EEWpITpeDs)

Yes, it really means choosing the least of many evils. I'm far from being enamored by CNN and Glenn Beck is offensive for sure. I'm only "keeping score" anecdotally, but so far, the "favorables" for RP on CNN outrank their "objectionables."

Of course, both Fox and CNN seem to be fighting over a declining audience and MSNBC is really adrift.

It's probably too much to hope for, but of nothing else, hopefully Dr. Paul's candidacy will encourage some talk radio and TV news hosts to stand-up and provide an alternative to the neo-libs and neo-cons that dominate not only the MSM, but talk radio. We definitely don't need any more propagandists like O'Reilly, Hannity, or Malkin.

literatim
05-22-2007, 02:45 PM

I wonder what they would report if someone started a White Caucus.

Bob Cochran
05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
Of course, both Fox and CNN seem to be fighting over a declining audience and MSNBC is really adrift.
Let's hope one of them figures out they could restore their viewership by giving airtime to Ron Paul!

Scribbler de Stebbing
05-22-2007, 02:59 PM
CNN is certainly going to be much more fair to Ron Paul in the next debate than either of the two predecessors, though that's not saying much. I'm really looking foward to June 5.

literatim
05-22-2007, 03:01 PM
CNN is certainly going to be much more fair to Ron Paul in the next debate than either of the two predecessors, though that's not saying much. I'm really looking foward to June 5.

I do not trust Wolf Blitzer. The only thing the upcoming debate has going for Ron Paul is the fact that it is New Hampshire.

Captain Shays
05-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Ben the little boy mentioned the USS Cole attack, and other attacks. But what he fails to understand, or maybe refuses to mention is that those attacks were all post Gulf War and post declaration of Fatwa by bin Laden. He seems to have gotten himself into a self delusional trap by not understanding history properly. His own examples make the case for Ron Paul and this little boy is so mixed up that he doesn't even know it yet. See, if these guys are really forced into a discussion with people who know their stuff, and if they don't shout them down, they'll be proven so wrong. We NEED to get them to face the truth at all costs or its not only going to cost Ron Paul the election, but its' going to cost us all our lives and the lives of our loved ones.

Kandilynn
05-23-2007, 08:01 AM
We definitely don't need to have a "Mike Wallace" moment such as when he asked Romney if he had premarital sex with his wife--talk about a stupid, irrelevant, privacy invading question!
I respectfully disagree. I believe that was a very pertinent question considering that Mitt Romney is an advocate of abstinence only education. If he's telling teenagers to abstain from sex rather than teaching proper sex education, then I as a voter, have a right to know if he's being hypocritical. Maybe that wasn't the reason that particular question was asked, I didn't watch the interview, but it is a valid question- at least in my opinion.