PDA

View Full Version : ANNOUNCEMENT and reading assignment for all my fellow RP supporters.

rwl4
01-12-2008, 02:37 AM
Hello all,

We all love Ron Paul, and we all take it very personally when the media does injustices to him. I know watching Fox News treat RP the way he did made my blood run cold. I went out and bought Outfoxed so I can show all my Fox-fan friends just how manipulative the network really is. I laughed in delight when I saw the RP protesters outside the Fox forum. I thought it was pretty comedic when I saw Hannity being followed by a mob.

That said, I must say, after thinking about it a lot, we really need to all make sure that we, the grassroots, don't completely lose the hearts of America for Ron Paul. The more we attack the media and anybody who smears Ron Paul, the more they hate us and will smear us. We have strained our relationship in the media as a result of our attacks. You can never change a person's heart through force. Just look at our situation in Iraq.

I believe that we all should take a (very small) timeout and read Dale Carnegie's excellent classic, How to Win Friends and Influence People (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0671027034). In the book, he talks about how he was able to win people to his way of thinking by meeting them where they were.

I believe at this point we as a group need to STOP FOCUSING ON THE MEDIA, and start focusing on the people. Not just telling them about Ron Paul, but like any good missionary, meeting people where they are at, understanding what their fears and hopes are, and THEN finally explain to them how Ron Paul will ultimately be the one man who will give them what they want. Every American wants liberty and success, but they have been made to believe fallacies.

I believe that if we can change our focus from that of responding to the "evil" neocon mainstream, but instead truly try to EDUCATE people, BUT ONLY AFTER REALLY HEARING THEM OUT, we can truly win this election. I call on all my fellow Ron Paul supporters to pledge with me to come together as a well-versed, educated, PEACEFUL force united to teach people about freedom, liberty, and just how amazing our republic really can be if we can stop the abuse of the Constitution by the powers that be. This means that rather than attacking, we read. We study. We teach our kids, families, and friends about what the founding fathers really intended for us.

We have already damaged our reputation. People who have never heard of Ron Paul are getting introduced to him hearing things like "he's a nut" and "his supporters reflect what kind of kook he is." Unless we can truly change our focus, it the blood will truly be on our own hands for his failure to capture the hearts and minds of the American People.

Thank you all for inspiring me to work hard to get Ron Paul elected. Your dedication to this cause truly energizes me.

Ray

inertia
01-12-2008, 02:49 AM
I believe that if we can change our focus from that of responding to the "evil" neocon mainstream, but instead truly try to EDUCATE people, BUT ONLY AFTER REALLY HEARING THEM OUT, we can truly win this election.

This really is the Ron Paul method. It's the method he has been using for decades. He has reached his constituency with this method, so let's try to do the same with our local community. Education, not force, is the only effective means to understanding sound money, the rule of law, and the Constitution. It certainly seems slow-going, but really it's a logarithmic slope. :)

rwl4
01-12-2008, 04:29 AM
Education really is the only way we will reach people. Once a person truly understands the issues, they can't help but love Ron Paul.

AisA1787
01-12-2008, 09:06 PM
I believe at this point we as a group need to STOP FOCUSING ON THE MEDIA, and start focusing on the people.

I agree 100%. Great post!