PDA

View Full Version : Let's call them what they are: the Fox Propaganda Channel

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 01:54 AM
As FU Frank has demonstrated, the choice of the words we use is important in battles for the public mind.

Instead of "Fox News Channel", which is clearly another Frank-esque distortion, we should call them what they are: the "Fox Propaganda Channel".

Joe3113
01-12-2008, 02:53 AM
CNN is no different, nor is NBC, CBS, ABC blah blah blah

I say we destroy every last one of them. If you single out Fox it makes the others look like they are the "good" ones.

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 03:25 AM
CNN is no different, nor is NBC, CBS, ABC blah blah blah

I say we destroy every last one of them. If you single out Fox it makes the others look like they are the "good" ones.

I agree. Similar naming could be used for the other networks too: The Propaganda Networks.

Fox is the worst offender, though.

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 03:32 AM
CNN, IMO, is worse. Fox skipped the newsletter issue in their debates. I don't know if they're covering it on their news cycle or not since I no longer watch.

coyote_sprit
01-12-2008, 03:38 AM
Americans Buying Children - ABC (I know a lot of kids are being prepped for being sheep through ABC.)
Nothing But Corporations - NBC(I could have done better but didn't)
Controlling Busy Sheep - CBS(I like this one a lot)

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 03:42 AM
CNN, IMO, is worse. Fox skipped the newsletter issue in their debates. I don't know if they're covering it on their news cycle or not since I no longer watch.

Maybe so, but the problem doesn't seem quite as pervasive at CNN. That's not to say that they don't do their share of slandering and slanting; they certainly do (the whole newsletter situation and the way RP's interview was subsequently edited is nothing short of criminal). But it doesn't feel like it's a from-the-top all-pervasive corporate mandate there yet, whereas that's obviously what's going on at the Fox Propaganda Network.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 03:50 AM
Someone else made this and I can't remember who in order to give credit but...
http://philiplandowski.com/montero/Misc/2007/Fox8x8_onBlack.png

Independent Operator
01-12-2008, 03:55 AM
Americans Buying Children - ABC (I know a lot of kids are being prepped for being sheep through ABC.)
Nothing But Corporations - NBC(I could have done better but didn't)
Controlling Busy Sheep - CBS(I like this one a lot)

Anything But Correct
Never Been Correct
Complete Bull Shit

coyote_sprit
01-12-2008, 03:57 AM
Anything But Correct
Never Been Correct
Complete Bull Shit
Nothing But Crap - NBC

But I prefer to stick to corporate America ties.

Independent Operator
01-12-2008, 03:59 AM
Anything But Correct
Never Been Correct
Complete Bull Shit

Federally Owned Xample

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 04:20 AM
Someone else made this and I can't remember who in order to give credit but...

LMAO! Fabulous.

The really scary thing is that there are a lot more similarities between what the Fox Propaganda Network and the neo-cons are doing and what the Nazis did with propaganda than most people would care to admit.

LSUiLike
01-12-2008, 05:15 AM
I saw the dems calling them Fixed Noise instead of Fox News.

Ozwest
01-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Nice to listen to the "trash" talk, if that makes you feel better, but you are all are so fucking "absorbed," it's unbelievable.

This is a Republic?

This is a Democracy?

Wave a flag, If that works for you.

FreedomFighter8008
01-12-2008, 08:23 AM
IMO they are the State-run news channel.

FreeTraveler
01-12-2008, 08:28 AM
Maybe so, but the problem doesn't seem quite as pervasive at CNN. That's not to say that they don't do their share of slandering and slanting; they certainly do (the whole newsletter situation and the way RP's interview was subsequently edited is nothing short of criminal). But it doesn't feel like it's a from-the-top all-pervasive corporate mandate there yet, whereas that's obviously what's going on at the Fox Propaganda Network.

The Communist News Network seems to be supportive of Dr. Paul because they perceive him as the easiest Republican to beat. Their tune will change entirely when he gets the nomination and goes up against the Osama/Klinton ticket.

Dave Wood
01-12-2008, 09:11 AM
For those of you who have seen the movie "The Manchurian Candidate" some really scary similarities are at play here.

Most of all though, Fox should be permanently labeled "The Manchurian News network, where robots get their news"

If you havent seen that movie, now is a good time to watch it. Wag the Dog is another good one.

AceNZ
01-13-2008, 03:06 AM
Nice to listen to the "trash" talk, if that makes you feel better, but you are all are so fucking "absorbed," it's unbelievable.

This is a Republic?

This is a Democracy?

Wave a flag, If that works for you.

This isn't about trash-talking. It's about the power of words. The Fox Propaganda Network calls themselves "Fair and balanced" news network, but they're about as far from that as it's possible to be. Continuing to refer to them as the "Fox News Network" is giving power to their lie.

If you don't believe words have power, then why would you even bother to respond? And why would you use a high-emotion word like "fucking"?