PDA

View Full Version : Why are you here?

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 01:42 AM
I posted a plea earlier begging people to help the folks in AZ make phone calls this weekend. I then simply begged people to type the word bump after they had read it when it became clear that not one person here was willing to actually help.

6 people out of 90 typed the word bump.

If you are just here to whine, then please go away. This board is for those that want to help get Ron Paul elected.

We are keeping track of how many people have seen this thread and how many people actually sign up to help get actual votes - you know those funny little things that give Ron Paul a chance to win.

Please read the following and either sign up or type bump or leave this forum. If you are not willing to at least keep this bumped so that maybe one person out of 200 will lift a finger, then we don't need you. I am sick to death of all this screaming at the campaign when none of you is willing to do a thing - except talk about grandiose plans. Mr. Clinton lost the first six primaries and he seemed to come out ok in the end. So either help or get the hell out of the way!

Arizona is a Super Tuesday state. They need our help Saturday and Sunday - that means now. They only have 125 volunteers to call 400,000 people.

Arizona early ballots will be mailed out starting today and tomorrow, and Maricopa County alone will be mailing out 240,000.

We need to personally call each and every one of these voters to ask for their vote. This is like calling somebody while they're standing in the voting booth, and to reach everyone we need more help!

If you have any time available between now and next Monday, January 14, please send an email to azballotchasers@gmail.com with your name and how many hours you can volunteer. An Arizona win is within our reach, and we need your help!

karenflower
01-12-2008, 01:43 AM
I would help but I'm abroad. .

peznex
01-12-2008, 01:49 AM
bump.

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 01:51 AM
Yeah, one other guy from Germany was willing to bump this thread, but not the whiners in this country. Thanks Karen. Of all the defeats we have suffered lately, this little test has broken my spirit.

P.S. Thanks to peznex too.

peznex
01-12-2008, 01:56 AM
Welcome.

szczebrzeszyn
01-12-2008, 01:58 AM
I'm here because I love to read Cyclone's posts :p

espot
01-12-2008, 01:59 AM
bump

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 02:02 AM
Blimp

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 02:03 AM
bump

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 02:07 AM
Today I am going to hunt up some stencils, make some cheap homemade signs, and post them in hard to remove, but visible places, wish me luck

Blimp

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 02:10 AM
Have a student friend of yours troll the local college for bulk paper they are throwing away. Then use it to make signs large and small. If we can't get exposure on MSM then we'll plaster America with signs.

Blimp

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 02:12 AM
Thank you folks. Is anyone willing to make phone calls?

80% of the people that hear Ron Paul's message, the whole message support him. 90% have never heard his message.

I just read that on a comment on a video. Seems to me to be the crux of his whole problem. We have done a lousy job of getting the message out.

The answer is simple, but I am not sure how to get it accomplished. I do know that calling folks helps a lot. But it is slow. That is why we need thousands of volunteers. 4000 people could make 100 calls in two days. We have 125 people to make the calls. We might get 1600 new Ron Paul voters from that effort if all goes very well. That is if those folks can call all day.

We need to get 160,000 votes.

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 02:14 AM
Thanks for the effort Hillbilly. But fyi, that effort must be followed up with slim jims or phone calls or the signs won't matter.

AZ has more signs on its streets than any other city. The whole "revolution" thing started here. We are over run with signs. But still no one knows who Ron Paul is or what his message is about because that is all anyone was ever willing to do.

krott5333
01-12-2008, 02:14 AM
what kind of script do you have available? its been awhile since I've done calling, but I would be willing to do some.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 02:18 AM
bump

jointhefightforfreedom
01-12-2008, 02:19 AM
bump

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 02:42 AM
Yeah, i just signed up to be a precinct captain, hopefully it helps.

blimp

Vox Populi
01-12-2008, 02:47 AM
bump

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 02:48 AM
ok, gotcha, then its feet on the ground then.

HillbillyDan
01-12-2008, 03:23 AM
blimp

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 03:34 AM
bump

pacelli
01-12-2008, 04:25 AM
bump

Pete
01-12-2008, 06:19 AM
bump

Edu
01-12-2008, 06:47 AM
Have you contacted your local meetup group, or local office? Aren't they going to be making calls?

I still don't understand why your State doesn't have a "Winning Arizona" section. There's one for a number of the other States.

Trying to be nice here, "type bump or leave this forum" and some of your other comments aren't helping. I am doing what I can where I can. However, I do understand the frustration.

EDIT: This is a bit better http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=144

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 07:49 AM
bump

Airborn
01-12-2008, 08:16 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 09:08 AM
bump

anewvoice
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
working MI this weekend, bump

sandersondavis
01-12-2008, 09:14 AM
It is the same with any endeavor. A small percentage of people do most of the work.
That is one reason we need numbers - and we are getting numbers. The growth in membership has been at over 100 a day for more than a week.

I hope you get the help and support you want, but don't be bitter if others have a different idea of what to do and how much they are willing to do. Please know and believe that your efforts will bare fruit in the future. The cause of liberty is worthy of your continuing and ongoing support.

There is a whole continuum of support for Ron Paul, It ranges from 'I wouldn't mind if he wins' to 'I devote my life, honor, and fortune to the cause.

I thank providence for the support of each and every one of you.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 12:45 PM
BUMP. Sorry if my bump is late. I read your post, and offered to help with phone scripts, which I do professionally, and sent some to an AZ group which asked for the help.

Anyone else wants help with phone scripts may contact me; either pm here or directaction@yahoo.com

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
BUMP. Sorry if my bump is late. I read your post, and offered to help with phone scripts, which I do professionally, and sent some to an AZ group which asked for the help.

Anyone else wants help with phone scripts may contact me; either pm here or directaction@yahoo.com

That's great of you, John. :)

nuklbone
01-12-2008, 02:01 PM
bump

sandersondavis
01-12-2008, 02:59 PM
bump

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 03:04 PM
Bump

Working Missouri this weekend - my precinct is huge and there are no other precinct leaders in it.

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 04:48 PM
what kind of script do you have available? its been awhile since I've done calling, but I would be willing to do some.

Play it by ear. Scripts don't really work. I start with Hi, I would like to talk about politics, are you willing? If they say no I thank them for their time and hang up. No sense bugging folks. If yes, I say, well, before I bore you with a whole lot of stuff you don't care about, tell me what issues you care about and I will tell you where Ron Paul stands on them. I never cared about a politician in my life until I found Ron Paul and I bet you will feel the same way.

The saddest part of all is that the major media who are owned by the huge corporations are getting together to make sure you don't hear about him because he wants to help the real people and not just steal from them so he can give the money to the corporate fat cats. He is truly a man for the people.

So, what topic interests you?

Then I take it from there. But I mean every word I say. I never lie. I put as much passion into it as I can.

The easy part is that most people want liberty, freedom, more money, more security, so his message is an easy sell.

The hard part these days is why should I vote for him? Didn't he come in last in the recent elections?

Just say that Bill Clinton lost the first six primaries as well. Sometimes it takes a while before people get to hear the message. But forget all that for a minute. If what I told you appeals to you, then why not vote for him? Isn't this what you want? You will NEVER ever ever get what you want if you DON'T vote for it.

I dare you to dream. Besides, it feels great to vote for someone than to vote for the lesser of two evils. If you do that you always vote for evil.

That's what works well for me.

Cyclone
01-12-2008, 05:08 PM
bump

Corydoras
01-13-2008, 02:17 AM

I am not going to do any of those things.

TNTCAN
01-13-2008, 02:28 AM
Emailed

Peterjar
01-13-2008, 02:32 AM
I, like many other RP supporters, have a viable excuse for not making calls. I am in Europe and cant afford it. So take a chill pill. We are all helping out in our own way. Just because you make a post don't expect everyone to be as excited about your project as their own.

P

John P Slevin
01-16-2008, 11:09 AM
Play it by ear. Scripts don't really work...

NO. Incredibly SILLY advice.

DO NOT play it by ear.

Scripts "work". Or, would Cyclone like to re-write the history of telemarketing? Scripts are mandatory. Call KNOWING what you are going to say and WHY.

You want to give one consistent message and no amount of Cyclone's "play it by ear" and then "come up with something" is going to cut it.

Incredibly stupid comments like this typically are made by someone who hasn't got a clue.

pcosmar
01-16-2008, 11:20 AM

DO NOT play it by ear.

Scripts "work". Or, would Cyclone like to re-write the history of telemarketing? Scripts are mandatory. Call KNOWING what you are going to say and WHY.

You want to give one consistent message and no amount of Cyclone's "play it by ear" and then "come up with something" is going to cut it.

Incredibly stupid comments like this typically are made by someone who hasn't got a clue.

That would explain why so many people have called ID, and why a national NO CALL list was created.

And why I routinely hang up on telemarketers.

Telemarketing has to be one of the rudest and most annoying inventions ever.

fuzzybekool
01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
bump

Maltheus
01-16-2008, 11:46 AM
I'll have to go with the cheesy Vorlon reference and say, "I have always been here."

Revolution9
01-16-2008, 11:55 AM

DO NOT play it by ear.

How fucking condescending. Seems to me Cyclone has enough smarts to do this. There may be folks who need a script. I for one would not use a script. An outline of points yes. I have acted in movies and do the same thing. I will not read the script. Tell me what the character does and I will do t my way.. Telemarketing scripts..heh.. I have hung up on every one ever.

HTH
Randy