PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Reagan supporters?

NCGOPer_for_Paul
07-24-2007, 12:13 PM
It wasn't that long ago, was it?

Where are the majorities that elected him in 1980 and 1984?

I cannot believe that his true supporters will support a neo-con or a commielib.

Is there any way to target the core Reagan supporter?

Ronald Reagan is the reason I got involved in politics. I believe in what Reagan and his forerunner, Barry Goldwater, stood for. We recently got a new television with DirecTV, and I needed to re-connect the DVD and VCR. To test the connections, I popped in a old copy of a Reagan speech in 1964 for Barry Goldwater. Outside of the support of what would become the Vietnam War, Reagan's speech for Goldwater sounded a lot like what Ron Paul stands for.

I know that most people over 50 are not wired, except at work, and probably haven't heard much about Dr. Paul. I KNOW they aren't all Hannity-worshipping neo-cons. How do we reach these people who worshipped Reagan?

Young Republicans will move to the libertarian wing of the GOP when they hear about it. Older Republicans don't get their news the same way. They're still watching the networks, reading the newspapers, and getting mad at the bias. So, they've switched to a bad alternative in Fox News, instead of getting information from the internet.

If we can reach the CONSERVATIVE, retired, semi-retired, and early baby-boom generation that voted for Reagan, we'll get this nomination.

That, my friends, are where the votes are at.

shadowhooch
07-24-2007, 12:38 PM
I think some of the Reagan supporters are also pro-war (pro strong defense and patriotism).

As dead on as Ron Paul is on taxes; he may miss the mark with them on the war. Pre-emptive war is more popular than you think.:rolleyes: