PDA

View Full Version : An Interesting Critique of Dr. Paul's 9/11 Truthers Answer

Theocrat
01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
Click here (http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=982) to read it. What do you think?

AceNZ
01-12-2008, 01:29 AM
More armchair quarterbacking. Coulda, woulda, shoulda.

I for one think RP's response was right-on.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-12-2008, 01:31 AM
I think RP was right on too. You have to give the medicine in small doses, otherwise the patient will die.

nosebruise
01-12-2008, 01:32 AM
i think paul nailed that one.

Minlawc
01-12-2008, 01:38 AM
Click here (http://www.theamericanview.com/index.php?id=982) to read it. What do you think?

I think John Lofton missed the point of the whole situation. He came there to debate, not to answer stupid questions that really have nothing to do with the presidency or any of the other candidates. If I were there I would've wanted my views shown, and would've been pissed if they asked me that.

notcarljung
01-12-2008, 01:58 AM
Dr. Paul did what he always does. He expressed his opinion as straightforward and honestly as possible. Did Mr. Lofton want him to lie and say he was a 9/11 truther? lol.

Joe3113
01-12-2008, 03:02 AM
As a someone wanting the truth about 9/11 but considering the current situation, he nailed it.

dkim68
01-12-2008, 03:04 AM
I can't think of a better way that Dr. Paul could have responded. He was right on!

TER
01-12-2008, 10:11 AM
When he said "If they [his supporter] cared for me" they would quell the issue may potentially refer to his physically safety, and not merely his campaign.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 10:20 AM
I thought that Wendell Goler asked that question. I don't blame Paaul for deflecting. I think he should deflect stupid questions. But, when the same question keeps recurring, he should devise answers that discourage this, by exposing the questioner for the obvious (to us) fool that he is. His answers should make this fact clearer to a general audience (of idiots). Otherwise, the blogger is completely off base.

TNTCAN
01-12-2008, 10:33 AM
Dr Paul knows what hes up against and is doing a great job.

boberino
01-12-2008, 10:36 AM
Questions like these should not be posed to ANY candidate in the first place.

steph3n
01-12-2008, 11:24 AM
Questions like these should not be posed to ANY candidate in the first place.

Agreed, I felt the same about the question to Huckabee as well.

Carole
01-12-2008, 01:43 PM
The first problem is with the question itself. It was stupid.

The second problem is the assumption it makes that"many" RP supporters are 911 truth people. He does not say how many "many" is, but it could be a handful or even one.

So what, who cares. On the other hand how mnay lobbyists support the others? Now there is a legitimate question.

ThinkAwake
01-12-2008, 02:11 PM
As a someone wanting the truth about 9/11 but considering the current situation, he nailed it.

Agree.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 02:24 PM
Agreed, I felt the same about the question to Huckabee as well.

True, but it WAS a question about his own public statements, not about something a supporter said. So, it isn't really even in the same category as the questions to Dr. Paul.

ShowMeLiberty
01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Dr. Paul got it exactly right.

If 9/11 Truthers ever hope to see the truth they believe exists, they really need to put a lid on it for a while and get RP elected first. If we don't win this election whatever evidence may exist will remain forever hidden.

lucius
01-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Dr Paul knows what hes up against and is doing a great job.

Agree

Dr.3D
01-12-2008, 02:42 PM
I always thought a debate was where all the candidates were asked the same question.

This was not a debate but a group interview!

JoBurke
01-12-2008, 02:44 PM
He did a great job and everyone with 2 bits of brain saw right through the fascist fox smear.

N13
01-12-2008, 06:10 PM
Maybe now Ron's wishes will be respected by 9-11 truthers.

Don't make him have to tell you three times. It would be much better if he got questions that will help him get elected.

bcreps85
01-12-2008, 06:13 PM
I hate to say it, but no matter what his personal beliefs in this area, it was a BS question, and he answered it correctly to continue being taken seriously. Are there things that we don't know about 9/11? I won't go as far as saying it was an inside job, but no we haven't been told everything, of that I'm sure.

Fact is, he's trying to win the presidency, and he has to say what will get him votes. If the establishment is going to use Truthers to blackmail him then he must rise above. Gotta be careful when your under the microscope.

VoluntaryMan
01-12-2008, 06:34 PM
I always thought a debate was where all the candidates were asked the same question.

This was not a debate but a group interview!

Standard Debate Format:

1. Everyone gets an opening statement.

2. Everyone gets the same questions from the moderator.

3. Candidates get opportunity to rebut any attacks contained in opponents answers.

4. Candidates get opportunity to ask each other questions.

5. Candidates get closing statement.

FaUX Nuze's debate format is scandalous.

NoMoreApathy
01-12-2008, 07:09 PM
This is how I see it..

It's a debate. The candidates are supposed to be asked general questions about the issues. No candidate should be asked a question by a moderator that wouldn't equally pertain to any of the other candidates.

I hate all MSM, but only FOX could resort to such bullshit.

sandman223
01-12-2008, 10:43 PM
The same John Lofton in this video from crossfire during the 80's?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ISil7IHzxc

Let me get this straight. He believes that the government may be sufficiently evil to murder its own citizens but then calls for the same government to censor rock because he considers it "devil music"?

What a fruitcake.

AnalogDan
01-13-2008, 11:42 AM
He played it perfectly. I asked Dr. Paul if he would support an independent investigation of 9.11 if he were elected, and he said he would. He cited the overall process of government investigations being inept, and he also countered that he had seen no evidence to the contrary concerning 9.11. And that's fine.

I think the folks that are 'truthers,' and the negativity they draw, is directly related to their utter passion for getting out what they feel is the most important message of their lives. After doing significant research, understanding PNAC, and just seeing the overall corruption abound, I would not put it past our government. That said, personally, I will not be forcing that down anyone's throat. I will be patient and wait for everyone to make their own decisions regarding this...but I will say that one of the reasons why I support RP is that he mentioned that he would be all for a new, independent investigation.

JenaS62
01-13-2008, 11:48 AM
The only thing I wish is in regards to the electibility question is for Dr. Paul to have asked Cameron if was going to ask the same question of Guiliani and Thompson since they had both recieved fewer votes than him in the primaries. But hindsight is always 20/20.

traitorist
01-13-2008, 11:53 AM
i always enjoy how the fascists in this movement throw around the word truth and its derivatives like it is a word to be scorned, mocked, ridiculed and censored. this movement will never succeed as long as the word truth is treated in such a manner.

JS4Pat
01-13-2008, 12:03 PM
“Cameron: Sir, would you ask them to cease that rhetoric tonight on your behalf?

“Paul: Well, it doesn’t do me any good, so if they care about me, they should.

I didn’t like that line by Dr. Paul - Saying if they care about him then they should cease the rhetoric…

We should all search for TRUTH and question things especially within a political movement. Insinuating that people who do so on ANY subject somehow do not care about Dr. Paul is wrong.

I’m not a conspiracy guy, but I also don’t believe the American people have gotten the true story with regards to 9/11.

fmontez
01-13-2008, 12:08 PM
Dr. Paul hit it right on! Truthers and all their ilk are just silly, but sadly they hurt the movement. Dr. Paul has addressed this before, on Glenn Becks show, Ron Paul does not support or endorse they whackos.

JS4Pat
01-13-2008, 12:26 PM
Dr. Paul hit it right on! Truthers and all their ilk are just silly, but sadly they hurt the movement. Dr. Paul has addressed this before, on Glenn Becks show, Ron Paul does not support or endorse they whackos.

He just needs to say that he does not subscribe to those theories. That's it.

Neither YOU nor HE nor I know for sure the entire story surrounding the events of 9/11 and who knew what and when.

We should all search for truth and not distance ourselves from those who do. You can distance yourself from opinions - but you should not distance yourself from the people who have them - especially when they are fighting for individual liberty just like you me and Dr. Paul are...

dannno
01-13-2008, 01:17 PM
Paul nailed it, but I think that article would make a great first Presidential speech before he pulls the troops out.