PDA

View Full Version : That MLK video. Minorities please read.

Chabsfromcanada
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Jeezuz. After watching that I wished I was there with those people. Being a white Canadian, would they have beat me up? Bad joke. I seriously would have been honored to have met that man. The final scene at the Reflecting Pond there in D.C. - I actually once stood right there where that shot was taken, and this video made me think for the first time about how cool it is that I got to stand right there, where those people had rallied.

I have a question for black people on this forum, or any non white person for that matter. Is Ron Paul as uniting as I think he is? Being from Canada which is quite a liberal place, I dont see racism as a problem, and very very rarely have I even heard of anyone seeing it as a problem. Usually any racist comment in Canada is in regard to the Asian population in Vancouver.... anyway... I have been to many American cities, and my wife is from very near to NYC, so I have seen racism first hand in those places, racist comments made from whites to blacks, as well as from blacks to whites, both ways, and of course alot of people make fun of the cab drivers too. My question is this... Does this old white guy, Ron Paul, make people more able to accept others (other races), or is it just me that feels this way. Ive never liked racist comments, but they actually make me mad now days. When people I know talk of civilian casualties in Iraq like those people dont really matter because they are "radical islamists", it pisses me off. Those people are human beings. Anyway, Im starting to ramble, if you can decipher my question out of this wall of text, please answer. Thanks.