PDA

View Full Version : Stop Being Rude, Who Are You Helping With That Attitude ? Who ?

qwerty
01-12-2008, 12:48 AM
Really, is that how some Ron Paul-supporters try to win people to our side ?

Is that how Ron Paul-supporters treat other fellow supporters ? I thought we were here together ?

I totally understand that people will be rude to Hannity or other like him, but to why for example to fellow supporters or to some other candidateīs supporters ?

I thought our goal was to win these election, some people seem to disagree with me...To win we need votes, how we will get those with being rude ?

Iīm starting to understand that there are some people who are in this movement just to spread their personal opinions....They donīt care that will we win or not, they care only that their personal opinions gets spreaded...

:mad:

qwerty
01-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Yes, and some on these people jsut visited this thread and vote it for 1 star...

Yes, when comes the next one and calls me a troll...

OMG, we wonīt win like this, NEVER!

Ignore the truth, but you wonīt convert ANYONE with being RUDE!

:rolleyes:

mexicanpizza
01-12-2008, 12:52 AM
That's why I have the longest ignore list on here. :D

deronde
01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Many people are "mad as hell, and not gonna take it anymore" They forget that many of the pundits are ordinary people like us just trying to make a buck, and aren't necessarily as "evil" as they come across on television. You can always win someone over with love, and you will never win them over with taunts and barbs. 9/11 Truthers destroyed their credibility not with their claims -- many of which are valid concerns and should be addressed -- but with the rude way they bust into classrooms and yell and act obnoxious/argumentative/condescending and litter things with guerilla pamphlets and stickers on private property.

But hey -- so do some RP supporters I know, so have I -- we often feel it's the only way to get attention from folks... since everyone is so wrapped up in themselves and in what's mainstream.

The truth is -- now we have a large part of the media spotlight on us, it's time to act civilized and explain ourselves, otherwise we'll just be dismissed as "fringe", and our message lost in the crossfire. We are the one faction that doesn't want to KILL ALL TERRORISTS, so we should start setting a good example for others to follow. Maybe the terrorists would take notice and opt for nonviolent/nonrude means of getting their message across.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 12:55 AM
I just why wonder why so many person say that they have no problem with RP but with his supporters....

Actually, we could have done MUCH damage against Ron!

I you canīt do nothing else but name calling, please SHUT THE FUCK UP! Let the people who have arguments batlle them, you wonīt win anything with name calling absolutely nothing!

Ron Paul wins with logic, why wouldnīt we use that too ?

:mad:

qwerty
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Some of these people could tell me what they have won with name calling ?

Tell me how effective it is ? Please....

Feel free to 1 star this one, truth will not go away...

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Bump, as i expected, nobody answers...

Yes, name calling isnīt effective, so can we stop it ? The logic is backing our campaign, so where do we even need name calling ?

TER
01-12-2008, 01:03 AM
Love your enemies. Pray for those who persecute you.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 01:04 AM
There are justa lot fo really annoying people in this forum who write completely useless garbage trying to get attarction to them WITH CALL CAPS and BOLD TEXT!!!!! BECause ZoMg!! This is bets idea evar!! COME ON GUISE LETS PLAY 8 MINUTE ANTI WAR AD ON SUPERBOWL LOLZ ITS GREAT IDEA!!!!! CALL THE CAMPAIGN NOOOW!! CALL THEM TELL THEM TO PLAY 8 MINUTE AD DO IT WE HAVE DECIDED!

And that just pisses me off

AlbemarleNC0003
01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
We should be treating those who disagree with us and our stance with the same dignity and compassion that Dr Paul wants to spread around the world. Diplomacy.

Above all else, if someone truly is a Paul hater, post your reply, be firm, honest, and tactful. There's no need to argue. If you don't get their support within a couple of responses, you won't get it ever. Leave the information, thank them for their time and move on. Correct incorrect info and walk away. 90 seconds. Remember.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
We should be treating those who disagree with us and our stance with the same dignity and compassion that Dr Paul wants to spread around the world. Diplomacy.

Above all else, if someone truly is a Paul hater, post your reply, be firm, honest, and tactful. There's no need to argue. If you don't get their support within a couple of responses, you won't get it ever. Leave the information, thank them for their time and move on. Correct incorrect info and walk away. 90 seconds. Remember.

EXACTLY!

:cool:

Anti Federalist
01-12-2008, 01:10 AM
Bah!

People were whining about the fire being directed at the NH GOP for their support of the Faux News roundtable that excluded Paul.

They said stop calling them, stop pissing them off, they didn't do anything Faux News did it.

But you know what?: it paid off.

The NH GOP had to drop it's support just to retain any sense of credibility, and Ron went on to 20 very positive minutes on Leno with about 7 million viewers as opposed to maybe 5 minutes of hostile time with the pinheads over at Faux News that was being watched by maybe 500k people, most of whom already hostile to Ron Paul anyway.

You think that would have happened if we, collectively, sat around like a bunch of pussies, too scared of what the almighty media and talking heads thought of us? Or did that happen because all hell was raised?

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Bah!

People were whining about the fire being directed at the NH GOP for their support of the Faux News roundtable that excluded Paul.

They said stop calling them, stop pissing them off, they didn't do anything Faux News did it.

But you know what?: it paid off.

The NH GOP had to drop it's support just to retain any sense of credibility, and Ron went on to 20 very positive minutes on Leno with about 7 million viewers as opposed to maybe 5 minutes of hostile time with the pinheads over at Faux News that was being watched by maybe 500k people, most of whom already hostile to Ron Paul anyway.

You think that would have happened if we, collectively, sat around like a bunch of pussies, too scared of what the almighty media and talking heads thought of us? Or did that happen because all hell was raised?

I really doubt that all happened, cause some sent e-mails to fox like "FUCK YOU!"....

People, who had ARGUMENTS made that all happen, NOT THE NAME CALLERS...

There are HUGE different between the "fuck you" and the critic with arguments. Which one is going to be taken seriously ?

Bilgefisher
01-12-2008, 01:11 AM
qwerty, I imagine your getting no responses because most people like myself agree 100% with what you just wrote.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
qwerty, I imagine your getting no responses because most people like myself agree 100% with what you just wrote.

Thanks, bro!

:)

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 01:17 AM
The only way i can explain it is mass angst with the crap that we've experience in our country and along Paul comes along and it gives an excuse to vent...to bad that energy can't be directed toward more positive effective means of getting more people to hear our message.

Although i don't take part in these actions, I do see it as a "testing" of the waters, or letting the public know that there is a very large part of the nation that is pissed at the direction this country has taken and those that are so used to being in a controlled enviroment realize that there are gonna need some big changes or all hell could break lose. I really hope to God that time doesn't come to fruition!!

peznex
01-12-2008, 01:18 AM
Actually, I have been on alot of forums over the years and I RARELY would see people utilize the star system like this forum does. I always thought it was odd that almost every thread gets rated. I am used to only seeing the stickied threads rated.
So, don't worry about the 1 star people.

In relation to your post...you are correct. I think the best way to talk with people about Paul is to READ. You have to read up all on www.ronpaul2008.com to help explain the issues. If you have way more data to back up what you're saying and straight facts, people will like that.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
To be more specific,...

Critic with arguments, GREAT THINGS WILL HAPPEN, just see what RON PAUL does.

Critic with name calling, Only bad media coverage& more enemies. Actully if you add name calling to your posts, it actually only drives people away from your points...

:cool:

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 01:22 AM

Yes, and I agree.

In this thread (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=933427&posted=1#post933427) it is reported by a NH newspaper that the town clerk of Sutton is receiving harassing telephone calls and emails.

What morons do something like that?

Those are the kind of actions we are trying to prevent in the world.

Those idiots haven't got a clue what the Ron Paul campaign is about.

It indeed is very harmful.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 01:24 AM
We must remember that, THERE COULD BE LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PRETENDING TO BE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS!

Politics are dirty, i wouldnīt be suprised if there would be many people here from other campaigns to try to encourage people to do stupid things....

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 01:27 AM
The only way i can see countering this 'bad supporter' exposure is doing charity/community services,,,,it's really not hard to do. A simple thing like picking up litter while canvassing would be a good idea, and if the person at the door askes you why your carring a trash bag around you could tell them "I just want to do my part"

RSLudlum
01-12-2008, 01:28 AM
We must remember that, THERE COULD BE LOT OF PEOPLE WHO ARE PRETENDING TO BE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS!

Politics are dirty, i wouldnīt be suprised if there would be many people here from other campaigns to try to encourage people to do stupid things....

yeah, or stealing our unmatched creative campaign ideas!

pinkmandy
01-12-2008, 01:41 AM
We should follow the example of Ron Paul. Watch him in the debates, he's a class act. The other snickering, rude fools are LOSING VOTES because people see the asses them for the asses they are.

qwerty
01-12-2008, 02:31 AM
ANy arguments from the people, who think being RUDE helps us ? ANY ?