PDA

View Full Version : Do you actually KNOW anybody who still supports Romney, Huckster or Ghouli?

shasshas
01-12-2008, 12:47 AM
I still don't get it..

do you actually KNOW people who are still SERIOUS about voting for Romney, Hucky or Giuliani OVER Paul??

i mean in REAL life?

its just that thoe candidates dont make ANY sense.. i can't see them winning the nomination......

describe whom you know who still wants to vote for Romney, Hucks or Ghoul
(your cousin, fathers brohers gardener, dentist-- what they look like, personality, kids, where they live etc etc)

Austin
01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
I recently had a discussion about politics and the candidates in my Zoology class. During the discussion, people were saying things like: "I'm voting for Thompson because he is an actor and Ronald Reagan was an actor too" or "I don't like Ron Paul's signs, so I probably won't vote for him" or "I don't like Ron Paul's hair, I just want a president that looks nice"

I was, and still am, absolutely disgusted and terrified after hearing these lunatics' reasoning.

pinkmandy
01-12-2008, 12:52 AM
I've met a several Huck supporters (they are ALL voting for him because he strikes a chord with their religious views) and a couple Romney supporters. The Romney supporters haven't really said why, they just "like him". All of these suppoters, though, put RP as their second choice. I've been talking him up for a long time, they are coming around. :D

Dorfsmith
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
My grandparents like Huckabee because their Christian TV said they should.

Onyx
01-12-2008, 12:56 AM
I recently had a discussion about politics and the candidates in my Zoology class. During the discussion, people were saying things like: "I'm voting for Thompson because he is an actor and Ronald Reagan was an actor too" or "I don't like Ron Paul's signs, so I probably won't vote for him" or "I don't like Ron Paul's hair, I just want a president that looks nice"

Wow that's sad. Glad those kind of people don't usually have enough enthusiasm/energy to even get up and vote.

Brendan
01-12-2008, 12:56 AM
Most of America who are not voting Democrat.

Austin
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM
Wow that's sad. Glad those kind of people don't usually have enough enthusiasm/energy to even get up and vote.

Quite the opposite, most of them will indeed vote. I'm working on converting them. A lot of people are listening and not talking, or they ask questions about Paul.

John P Slevin
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM

I was, and still am, absolutely disgusted and terrified after hearing these lunatics' reasoning.

Yes, most voters I've dealt with who will be voting on the R side support one of those three...

And that is in the real world. Since I do campaign work, that's who I encounter.

It is absolutely self-defeating to assume that Ron Paul actually has all this support and the others only win by fraud, media manipulation, etc.

In the real world (read, off this forum and outside a Ron Paul meetup) most voters haven't got an idea what it is Ron Paul stands for or that Ron Paul even exists.

This is not the campaign's fault, and it is not the fault of well-intentioned grassroots supporters, but it is a fact.

You don't change it by crying wolf or voter fraud or media manipulation.

You change it by organizing to reach voters.

The Ron Paul campaign will succeed to the extent it can do this.

And for that matter, I consider the Ron Paul campaign thus far a rip roaring success.

EvilEngineer
01-12-2008, 12:59 AM
TV has ruined the election process. Instead of substance we go for the lack there of... just like Hollywood.

seapilot
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
My grandparents like Huckabee because their Christian TV said they should.

Ask them what thier opinion is of raising taxes on fixed income seniors living in retirement homes. www.taxhikemike.org

Enzo
I guess Austin is insulated from alot of this crap... but I meet nothing but Ron Paul or Barack Obama supporters here.

I have yet to come across a single Huckabee, Romney, or Giuliani supporter here.

John P Slevin

And that is the real world. That is the typical voter.

See, the trick is to reach one voter at a time and a whole lotta voters overall.

Can't reason with lunatics, but lunatics vote, en masse. Look at who has been in the White House the last 4 years. That joke wasn't elected by intelligent people.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 01:01 AM
yeah I know a romne supporter,,,, he constantly says how "in these times people SHOULD be less free if it means being safe" I wanan puke right there every time I hear him say it

bcreps85
01-12-2008, 01:08 AM
Personally, I don't know anybody who supports any of these candidates between all my friends and family. Most of them are watching Paul, but make a lot of "well I like him but don't think he can win type statements", and concluding that they are undecided.

Of those who are decided, there are a couple women I know who are voting for Hilldog(just because she's a woman and they bought into that whole "if women ruled the world..." bullshit. Others are voting for Obama. Then there are a few RP votes in there, and I plan to convert all of the undecided into RP votes.

The women are hopeless, but I'll also try to get the Obama votes. Ironically, everyone I know except a few want out of the war...their choice seems obvious to me.

rfbz
01-12-2008, 01:11 AM
I know people that support Thompson and Romney. They feel Thompson is the best conservative and is a strong candidate, they just wish he'd get out there more. They like Romney because he has the leader thing down pretty well and feel he'll get stuff done while in office. I don't know anyone that likes Huckabee or McCain.

Joe3113
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM

I'm agnostic, but I feel compelled to say "God help us!!" in response to that.

bcreps85
01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
They feel Thompson is the best conservative and is a strong candidate, they just wish he'd get out there more.

IMO, Thompson isn't enough of a people person, and this makes him unelectable, though I believe he says what he truly believes.

NYgs23
01-12-2008, 01:22 AM
As a matter of fact, I have a close relative who's a major volunteer for Giuliani.

jrich4rpaul
01-12-2008, 01:25 AM
I know one guy who truly supports McCain, but is watching Ron Paul. His concern is electability... I hope he saw this! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8TkmE5t1Pk

Drknows
01-12-2008, 01:28 AM
If you want to find out the mindset of the average voter just go to AOL message boards.

HAHA

pinkmandy
01-12-2008, 01:39 AM
The "electability" issue keeps coming up. We must focus on that.

ionlyknowy
01-12-2008, 01:46 AM
I think all of the intelligent people have moved to the democratic party, or to Ron Paul.

The rep base that still exists today (minus Rons supporters) are the Neanderthals of the party.

That is why all of the Repubs you meet say these things....