PDA

View Full Version : Lend me your ears....let your heart pull true.

BLS
01-12-2008, 12:42 AM
So I've been sitting here.

Seemingly in the same spot, on my old couch.
It's got an ass-groove permanently indented in it. Every single night I come home, plug in my laptop and the VERY first site I visit is here. Every single night, it's the SAME scenario. I digress.

Since May 16th of 2007, when I saw my very first Ron Paul debate Video, and subsequently 'skipped' working for the day and fervently scoured youtube for more of this amazing person, I now find myself in disarray.

At times, I am an amazing supporter of this man. I give and give and give, until finally time takes it's toll on me. At times, I feel weak. I feel less than inspired anymore.

I have signed up to do my job as a delegate, as a meetup organizer, you name it. I have done more for this campaign in the last 7 months than I have ever given towards anything in my life. And that is the truth. Anything......

When people ask me about WHY I support Ron Paul, my watered down answer has now become nothing more than the unadulterated truth in it's purest form.

"Ron Paul has cured my apathy"

Everyone here knows exactly what I'm saying. It's what binds us together as people from every single possible walk of life. In public, we are very different people. If we put us all in a single room, we would divide within 10 minutes because of our social differences. But if asked what we believe in politically, we would stand arm to arm, hand in hand, in a bond that is unbreakable.

The largest standing armies of the world could not diffuse how we feel.
They could not stifle the energy we have all learned and accepted to embrace, with a fervor that I cannot describe.

I try, daily almost, to regain that 'feeling'. We all know 'that' feeling.
When we first realized Ron Paul represented something we have all lost total faith in. Honesty. Integrity. A real man, with real values.

Since that day in May of 2007, I have become SO upset.
I have learned A LOT. About myself, and about Ron Paul.
About my fellow Freedom Fighters and about this country and politics.

I have also failed miserably at times to be a 'good' RP supporter.
I am mean sometimes to my fellow patriots. I am quick to judge those who voice their opinions here, and that's wrong. I've always known it was, and it's always haunted my personal life, but it is what it is.

All that being said, I was very disappointed recenltly.
I've put SO much work into this Revolution. So much.

And after watching Iowa and then subsequently New Hampshire, I was ready to quit. I didn't know if I could put forth THIS much effort into something I feel SO strongly about, and watch it fail. I honestly am worried I'll slip into depression.

At times I find myself questioning if 'it's all worth it'.
Other times I'm more motivated than ever. I honestly think what keeps me going is the 'trolls' and watching the debates. The fact that some of my friends were democrats, and are now supporting RP keeps me alive inside.

I am not a very social person. I like to 'live' in my comfort zone.
I have a group of friends that I've VERY close to; and I really believe it's because I'm afraid to branch out. I trust these people, and their opinions mean everything to me.

Since May, I have converted all of those friends (6 total) minus one (a staunch Democrat) to support Ron Paul. They don't all do what I do, but they all now see how the MSM slanders him, and it only sows the seeds of their anger. They see what Fox does to him, and they are awakening. It is watching this, in action, that keeps me going. I see people I care about, finally seeing what I've been seeing since May. They are angry and upset about the Fox debates, and the exclusions. They see what is really going on.....that our media runs our lives.

Not everyone is converted, though. And I can't change my world alone.
I am learning to let some people go and just realize that you can't change everything and everyone.

So what does all this mean??

The grassroots has accomplished AMAZING things since I've joined.
From the SPAM Spartanburg project to the Tea Party, at times I've been so inspired, I've wanted to run myself for public office. It's truly been life changing.

But since Iowa, I feel that people are sharing my initial fears.
That we can't win. The mountain is too big to overcome.

I myself am FULLY to blame for buying this line as well.
I'm not perfect....not even close.

There are 2 things I believe we need to do as 'average' citizens who WANT some real change.

1. Get Ron Paul what he needs.
When I watch Ron in the debates, my heart truly goes out to him.
I feel like "here's a man, who has been ridiculed daily for more than 30 years of his life." He truly CARES about THIS country. Not about a job, or the money, or how he can get rich of the position, but about America. A TRUE PATRIOT.

When Fox slams him by calling him 'unelectable', as they did last night, I can't tell you how happy I was to see him stand up there, amidst all that bullshit, and all the slander, and look America straight in the face and tell us all the truth.

I cannot tell you how much I wish I could walk up behind him, when he's asked "Are you electable", or "Are you a Republican", or "Are you running for the wrong party", and quietly put my hand on his shoulder, and let him know "I'm here with you Ron". You are NOT doing this ALONE anymore. We have AWAKEN.

I feel like I owe this man SO much, I don't know if I can ever repay him.
For YEARS he has put up with this abuse.

So I ask you this.....

Even if you believe (or don't believe) that the HQ isn't capable of handling this thing in the conventional manner, and hasn't spent the money on these slick Campaign Managers, do we NOT OWE IT TO HIM for all he has done for us over his lifetime??

So...what the fuck are you saying BLS?

Get him his $23 Million. It's not about Paul....it's NEVER been about Ron Paul.
It's about what he needs to stand up and FIGHT for us.

What does it require? EVERYONE to donate their max.
Fine....whatever....I know times are tough.

I also know I just spent $400 on a stereo and speakers for my car.
And as I'm sitting there, i'm thinking...."I'm willing to spend $400 for a stereo for my car, but can't seem to find a way inside to donate money to a man who fights for me everyday; and this man doesn't even know me."

Let's get Ron the money he needs....

The money he needs to STAND UP to these SON OF A BITCHES.
The money he needs to keep the good fight up.

The money he needs to spread to ALL Americans.....that feeling.

That feeling that when you FINALLY understand what he's saying, and that he's true, honest and trustworthy, you also found a way to cure your apathy.

Let's spread that feeling to every American.

Stop fighting inside yourself on whether you should get involved any further.
Just do it.

I am asking EVERY single member here to beg, borrow or loan yourself all the money you need to max out to this campaign.

You can give $2300 legally (Thanks to John McCain).

Find a way to do it.

Look at your son. Look at your daughter.
Maybe look at your Dad or your Mom, and ask yourself:

Am I OK watching my neocon Dad spend his retirement poor, because our Government does not care?

Am I OK leaving my kids a debt SO insurmountable that I know they will live in a possible life-long recession or even depression?

do whatever it takes.

Inside, you will find that you agree with me completely.
Take that energy. INVEST IT in Freedom.

I will have to borrow about $400 to max out.
I'm a very fisfcally conservative person.....but this time...I don't care.

This WILL get done. It HAS to.

WE HAVE NO OTHER CHOICE.

Thanks for hearing me out.

peznex
01-12-2008, 12:49 AM
Beautiful!

LiberalDemForRP
01-12-2008, 12:52 AM
Wow. I read every word of that. I am moved to see if I can contribute more than I think I can. Hell, I waste money on unimportant crap all the time. This time my money can make a difference.

Anyway, I appreciate this post. Heartfelt and inspiring. Thanks, BLS.

Ron2Win
01-12-2008, 12:53 AM
wow. I will max out. No matter what.

hillertexas
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM
You are inspiring, BLS.

Don't worry...we are all standing behind Ron. And we trust him.

I think a lot of people are on these forums lately, here with the sole purpose of trying to discourage or divide us.

It will not work.

Let's get Ron Paul the $$ he needs.

http://www.ultimatemyspace.com/userpics/ult_banners/tetjgjytjtj.png

Bilgefisher
01-12-2008, 01:04 AM
Very few posts this long do I entertain with my time. This is very moving piece. Thank you.

Hook
01-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Amazing. Amazing.

Ben Elliott
01-12-2008, 01:13 AM
If we had a massive fundraising effort, we could all give Ron Paul a large personal donation, and donations from fund drives.

slantedview
01-12-2008, 01:14 AM
excellent. well said. i'm in.

inibo
01-12-2008, 01:16 AM
As soon as I can figure out just how much I've given I'm going to shoot for maxxing out. Thanks for the inspiration.

blakjak
01-12-2008, 01:20 AM
someone be sure and bump this thread on jan 21st!

peznex
01-12-2008, 01:21 AM
someone be sure and bump this thread on jan 21st!

Just sticky it until then!:D

michaelwise
01-12-2008, 01:24 AM
BLS,
I could have written every single word you just did. Thank you for doing it for me. The smears and accusations of racism by the mainstream media are knowingly false to anyone who researches who Dr. Paul really is. The MSM is at war with us and are trying to convince the sheeple not to vote for our man. Ron Paul is the only person running for office who will take away their beloved Iraq war in short order. This is why they fight us.

My question to the rest of you is this; Will you forget about what we are fighting for if our man does not win, or will you keep fighting against the establishment who's desire it is to steel your country from you?

shasshas
01-12-2008, 01:26 AM
hey man BLS

its great what you have done and commited yourself to doing
and i am proud you re one of us

Only thing is --- Don't Burn Yourself Out!!!!

We all know we want to try our hardest to get him into office in 2008.
But we still have to be around emotionally and financially afterwards because
we know Ron Paul's ideas are good for the long term, and maybe even if things get worsse after this, we still got to carry the torch for Ron Paul.

So.. i say give all you can give but keep back enough for a family and so on to keep going afterwards-- just in case.

kaaos
01-12-2008, 01:41 AM
People like you inspire me so much, you almost got me in tears man, for real. I do know that feeling, and I hope more people get a chance to feel what we feel, its an amazing thing when it happens, I can't really explain it in words... and yeah I'm really going to strive to do as much as I can for Ron Paul these last few weeks, I'm going to push myself to give what I can. thanks for the post man, truly inspiring! Peace!

reduen
01-12-2008, 02:17 AM
:cool:

Cinci4RP
01-12-2008, 04:09 AM
I just watched "Braveheart" while flipping through.

"How will you live without Freedom?"

This movement will not be for naught, I will support it with my actions my words and my wallet. My apathy has been cured and I shall ne'er be again afflicted with that most prevalent of diseases.

The Neocons have already lost, they just don't know it yet.

All In.

noiseordinance
01-12-2008, 04:18 AM
Excellent post. 2 thumbs up....WAY UP. :)

kickzman
01-12-2008, 04:31 AM
Thanks for the post, inspiring. But don't become too emotionally down, keep positive the fight will go on regardless what happens.:)

The Minister
01-12-2008, 05:35 AM
As a Canadian, I am inspired to see a nation remember who it is and what it stands for... AND FIGHT FOR IT!!!

To see you all inspired by just one man!

Honestly, I had almost given up on you guys like so many of my countrymen have. Oh, don't misunderstand me, I have always liked Americans and recognized them as some of the most hospitable people in the world.... invite a stranger into their house or over for a BBQ.... but I'd thought that you had sold yourselves down the river, irreparably.

I have followed RP for awhile after being introduced to him by A Jones and was shocked to hear a US politician say the things that he did. I mean, a Congressman? .....For real?

I really do feel that you are at a VERY important juncture in your history.....remember... you are making history! We are living it. Don't give up. Let your actions echo in eternity....

This is honestly the most incredible event in our lifetime. Keep in mind, that's not patriotic brainwashing, I'm a Canuck through and through. But I do study history and when I see RP up at those podiums receiving those slings and arrows, and then see the response that you are giving him.... I am lost for words....

You aren't just doing this for the USA.... you are doing it for the world....6 Billion people....you are doing it for the future of humanity..... don't give up, ok..... and neither will I.

Deal?

BLS... you have friends...... more than you know.

manny
01-12-2008, 05:37 AM
Hey BLS that is a beautifully written piece, a very powerful statement. Thank you for being so open about your feelings. I think many people here understand, knowing just how wonderful, honest and compassionate a man Ron is and also share your frustration about the lies told about him by smirking morons on Fox. Like you said, it's up to us to fight back.

One part of your writing I really identified with is the below:

When I watch Ron in the debates, my heart truly goes out to him.
I feel like "here's a man, who has been ridiculed daily for more than 30 years of his life." He truly CARES about THIS country. Not about a job, or the money, or how he can get rich of the position, but about America. A TRUE PATRIOT.

When Fox slams him by calling him 'unelectable', as they did last night, I can't tell you how happy I was to see him stand up there, amidst all that bullshit, and all the slander, and look America straight in the face and tell us all the truth.

I cannot tell you how much I wish I could walk up behind him, when he's asked "Are you electable", or "Are you a Republican", or "Are you running for the wrong party", and quietly put my hand on his shoulder, and let him know "I'm here with you Ron". You are NOT doing this ALONE anymore. We have AWAKEN.

I feel like I owe this man SO much, I don't know if I can ever repay him.
For YEARS he has put up with this abuse.

I think this really gets to the nub of the matter - he is doing this for the people, not for himself. There couldn't be a greater contrast with his opponents.

Thanks again. :)

Cinci4RP
01-12-2008, 06:12 AM
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

pmub

european
01-12-2008, 06:23 AM
Amazing. Amazing.

+23,000,000

kaleidoscope eyes
01-12-2008, 06:42 AM
BLS
wow, that was an amazing moment, I'm sure there are many out there who echo these sentiments.

BLS
01-12-2008, 07:51 AM
Thank you everyone for the kinds words.

I didn't realize how poor my grammar was when I wrote this.
Oh well...

Bumped for the day walkers.

Ron2Win
01-12-2008, 11:28 AM
Blimp

Computer
01-12-2008, 11:35 AM
Your fear is weakness. Why are you so afraid to lose this election?

quantized
01-12-2008, 11:38 AM
Your fear is weakness. Why are you so afraid to lose this election?

how can i not fear when the next president could be Hillary?
all it takes is only good people doing nothing. :rolleyes:

frasu
01-12-2008, 11:45 AM
Donate For Freeedoooommmm!

UtahApocalypse
01-12-2008, 11:47 AM
BLS, You are a amazing person. I feel so connected to the statements you have written. I am sure many of have felt these same thoughts. We will keep fighting, no matter the costs.

Sey.Naci
01-12-2008, 12:10 PM
BLS, what a beautiful, straight-from-the-heart post!

A fellow Canadian poster above observed that Ron Paul has been taking the slings and arrows for everyone. The fact that Dr. Paul has fought this fight ALONE for 30 years breaks my heart.

A point that needs to be emphasized is that those slings and arrows are now being directed not just to RP alone, but to all of his supporters too. And those missiles do pierce. They do hurt. But those hurts, and those attempts to beat him down, he has lived through for THIRTY LONG YEARS.

Not just your fellow American supporters ask, but the whole world begs that you:

Please, for the sake of us all, bear up under what Ron Paul has borne for so long, for this time and onward. He will still be with you, never giving up.

Will you still be with him? Please say you will. Say YES!

Cinci4RP
01-12-2008, 12:11 PM
F

R

E

E

D

O

M

texasbelle
01-12-2008, 12:16 PM
Inspiring!! Thanks for pouring your heart out for us to read. :)

Exarel
01-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Can't remember the last time i teared up was..

Thats for the inspiration. I will work harder than i ever had. I will make sure to max out. I will do everything i possibly can to spread his message and raise him the money. I promise.

robert4rp08
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
hell yes bro. do it for freedom!

VRP08
01-12-2008, 12:29 PM
Thank you for this!

hvac ak47
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
Right here with you!!! Never give up!!

LukeNM
01-12-2008, 12:31 PM
I will be maxing out split between the 17th and 21st.

Exarel
01-12-2008, 12:35 PM
I will be maxing out split between the 17th and 21st.

Same

barbz
01-12-2008, 12:39 PM
YES! I'm all in.

LukeNM
01-12-2008, 12:42 PM
Whenever you see a negative post, just copy and paste the link to this one to get people back on track... Nice job BLS!

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=87578

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 12:51 PM
bump

tastynaan
01-12-2008, 12:53 PM
Please Sticky this!!!
I was wavering on maxing out, but now I will!

freedom-maniac
01-12-2008, 01:05 PM
We should all put the link to this post in our signatures.

Exarel
01-12-2008, 01:16 PM
We should all put the link to this post in our signatures.

Good idea, lets all do this :)

Minuteman2008
01-12-2008, 01:18 PM
Great post, very inspiring to me.

I've donated twice, but I'm saving my biggest (and probably final) donation for the MLK drive.

I am as motivated as ever, and not about to give up. I can't wait to vote on Feb. 5. I've turned on several people to Ron Paul, people who probably wouldn't even have voted in the primaries if not for RP. I still feel really hopeful.

Sey.Naci
01-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Done. Have added a link to this thread to my signature.

Crickett
01-12-2008, 01:43 PM
Constant media absence or ridicule takes a toll on us all and it is STUPID that we let it, but it is just human, and THEY know it. We even have to fight our own subconscous now, with this onslaught. Do like Ron does. With an image of the Constitution in our mind every step we take is in the right direction.

Trigonx
01-12-2008, 01:51 PM
excellent post, very moving, I will try my hardest to max out.

Exarel
01-12-2008, 04:28 PM
bump

humanic
01-12-2008, 04:40 PM
United We Stand.

Carole
01-12-2008, 05:01 PM
Wonderfully expressed BLS. Also moved me to tears. We all know how you feel. We are a band of brothers and sisters for freedom. :)

Please hold on. I have been going through some similar feelings and frankly, believe we all have been doing so. We can work through them and be careful not to burn out, too. We can use all the negative things as inspiration to help this good man who fights every day for us. It has to be hard for him, too you know. But he never quits and always inspires.

I have not much but will give all I can on the big day. That day will hopefully spill into the next day for a two-day landfall. Remember, the day is really three hours longer due to west coast being behind timewise. We can do it everyone, if we really try. I have no idea what the total will be, but so long as we do our best, that is what counts.

Can hardly wait.

Drea
01-12-2008, 05:06 PM
Bump!!!!!!!!!!!!!

humanic
01-12-2008, 05:55 PM
bump

Drea
01-12-2008, 08:29 PM
bump!!!

WilliamC
01-12-2008, 08:34 PM
If I try to donate too much more it could cost me my marriage, or at least the little bit of peace and tranquility I have with my wife. She doesn't really get it, she doesn't really care, and she is very angry at my spending time and money on this "Ron Paul crap" as she has called it. I do as much as I can, when I get names for my precinct I'll pay for campaign material, I'll donate something for the MLK moneybomb, but I have three kids that need a stable home.

She is still asleep. She will not thank me if I try to wake her up.

bolidew
01-12-2008, 09:30 PM
Donate to RP is the smartest investment we can do for our own families.

garrettwombat
01-12-2008, 09:40 PM
well about iowa and new hampshire... im pretty sure we havnt lost yet... as a delegate you should know we can still win the national convention

exer51
01-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Arrrrg I hate that I'm completely broke. I've been giving 2-4 days of my week to the campaign in one way or another, so I guess that's all I can give right now... But I really will try and scrounge up some money somehow. As you said even if HQ isn't doing the best they can, by God we've got to support Ron. He's got to know we're behind him 110%.

JK/SEA
01-15-2008, 07:18 PM
I envision myself on a far away battle field surrounded with my fellow patriots with the enemy before us. We have already lost a few warriors in this fight but we are determined to charge ahead and engage this enemy who means to enslave and conquer us.

This has now become very apparent to me today, that we indeed face tyranny that means to control us, and have us enslaved. As God as my witness, this will not go un-challenged.

I'm in.

RonRules
01-16-2008, 05:11 PM
Remember, Hillary and Obama both have $100 million each. Look at their sponsor's list. Almost identical and almost all bankers.

Romney, has spent 60 mil already. Bloomberg will come in with INFINITE funds, willing to spend over $1 billion and with TOTAL cooperation from the main stream media.

All Dr. Paul needs is about $25 more million to win this thing. The support is exponential and contagious. It's viral, but needs a bit of a boost. The MLK money bomb is absolutely essential. A totally reasonable goal is $8 million. We've done 4 then 6, now we can do 8 mil.

Please feed the blimp, support the DVD mailouts if you are maxed out. If you can't afford anything, join a meetup group, Walk your precinct. Please act and be nice!

bjrnet
01-18-2008, 09:10 AM
bump - very nicely said!

wowabunga
01-18-2008, 11:08 AM
There has been a lot of talk about a lack of communication between Ron Paul HQ and the people of the GRASS ROOTS. If I could have one wish come true I would want to see the GRASS ROOTS have a mobile communications bus that would shadow the Ron Paul HQ bus. Anyone out there feel that we the GRASS ROOTS deserve our own campaign bus, with live internet capabilities, and sporting a wavy banner on the back side that reads "WE THE PEOPLE".

Things that tug at my heart strings ???? I get a bad taste in my mouth when I see most of our promotional dollars given to the big media companies... the same media companies who plan for and cheer for our demise. Does this really make sense to line their pockets just to place a few very expensive ads that may or may not be viewed ?

I recall hearing the good news in IOWA where we WON a few counties, something about how we had boots on the ground there since last summer, tables at local farmer markets on a weekly basis etc. Our strength and our uniqueness IS the people of our revolution, how our creative efforts always shine thru, and our ability to mobilize on the spot is making history itself.

My second wish is for 3 more GRASS ROOTS buses acting as Lt Generals and covering East Coast, MidWest and the East Coast. Wish number 3 is simple; "I want my freedoms back"...that won't happen without getting Ron Paul's name and message out and about.

UnitedWeStand
01-20-2008, 10:31 AM
bump=)

billyjoeallen
01-20-2008, 10:34 AM
Buuump

MrsW
01-20-2008, 02:31 PM
thanks for your heartfelt post..... hubby and i were in tears this morning as we read it. hopefully everyone will read it before the money bomb tomorrow.

we'll be signing up to be precinct leaders too!

peace!

MrsW
01-20-2008, 07:44 PM
bump.
just thought a few people could use this right now!

manny
01-20-2008, 07:53 PM
Thanks for bumping this back up. The original post is probably the best post I've ever read on this forum. Keep fighting.

yongrel
01-20-2008, 07:56 PM
bumped for sheer excellence.

i'm going all in tomorrow!

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
Thread Winner!

Abyss
01-20-2008, 07:59 PM
(speachless)

michaelwise
01-20-2008, 08:03 PM
Yes, BLS it is all worth it. Give Dr. Paul as much money as you can so that his voice is heard for a while longer. The money will allow people to here Ron Paul and his message, and it will sink into more peoples heads the longer we can keep him afloat. The best way to spread the message is to give Ron the money he needs.

pcosmar
01-20-2008, 08:07 PM
Great post, and inspiring.
I am an Angry American. I was when I heard of Ron Paul. I found him before the debates. I was searching for my lost rights, researching laws and the Constitution. Someone elsewhere mentioned one of his Bills. I looked, I liked and I looked further. Ron was just exploring a run for President, and as soon as he announced I was a supporter. I had Hope.
I am still Angry, but now that anger has purpose and direction.

I'm in this all the way.
Nice to have you guys along too.

dblee
01-20-2008, 08:14 PM
roger that, you spoke for what's inside all of us.

RonPaulVolunteer
01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Awesome post...

Get people excited with a Ron Paul concert...

Click here to request Marc Scibilia to play in your area. (http://eventful.com/performers/marc-scibilia/piano-rock-musician-writer-of-hope-anthem-the-ron-paul-revolution-song-/P0-001-000101314-3)

Don't know who Marc is or what Hope Anthem is? Take a look here: http://HopeAnthem.com

Get enough people together, a couple of opening bands, and we'll add you to the tour.

Sey.Naci
01-20-2008, 08:16 PM
Was so impressed with the OP of this thread that I included in my sig as Step 1.

Technics2000
01-20-2008, 08:18 PM
Thanks BLS, we need more of these motivational posts instead of those other ones based on rumours.

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Nevada has the bootlicking pundits sputtering sputum all over their teleprompters trying to justify their vapid prognostications, and tittter-tattering away on their keyboards issuing limp dishrag invectives. The other candidates are dropping out like cashed out johns at a Nevada broithel. The ones left in are puppeting Ron's message. Not because in the forefront of their grimy cesspit of a political mind that they will take the nomination and Presidency. No..these intellectual troglodytes do not work like that, for if the nomination was signed and sealed then they would be quintupling Guatanamo and planning their next Vatican City of the NWO in Tehran and annexing Pakistan as the 52 state. They are puppeting Ron's message because they heard, know and understand he will not compromise on his princoples, he has enormous boots on the ground and the mpst massive web footprint in the history of politics anywhere. his base is international in scope, and damn that baby doctor can raise some cash. These other clowns know they are working the system through backroom gambits and backdoor rigging. They know if we, The People, do not let the system get gamed they will be dealing with Ron and his delegates at the convention.

In the immortal words, paraphrased of course, of whomever said it, and as was quotted by Bugs Bunny, "We have only just begun to fight!".

Best
Randy

Source: "I have not yet begun to fight" -John Paul Jones
http://www.americanrevolution.com/JPJONES4.GIF

the most recognizable name of a naval officer of the American Revolutionary War is that of John Paul Jones. Historic sites associated with his story attract tourists from around the world. Jones was born John Paul on July 6, 1747, in Kirkcudbright, Scotland. At 12 he entered the British merchant marine and went to sea for the first time as a cabin boy.

Jones became first mate on a slaver brigantine in 1766 but soon left that trade in disgust. He was appointed master in 1769. As master of a merchant vessel, he killed the leader of his mutinous crew in self-defense at Tobago in the West Indies in 1773.To avoid trial, Jones fled to Virginia and was considered a fugitive by the British. He concealed his identity by adding the surname Jones.

At the outbreak of the American Revolution in 1775, Jones went to Philadelphia and entered the Continental Navy. In December he was commissioned a lieutenant on the first American flagship, Alfred. Jones was quickly promoted to captain in 1776 and given command of the sloop Providence. While on his first cruise aboard the Providence, he destroyed British fisheries in Nova Scotia and captured sixteen prize British ships.

In command of Ranger in 1777 and 1778, he operated in British home waters and made audacious raids on Englands shore. In recognition of his exploits, he was placed in command of five French and American vessels. Aboard his flagship, the Bonhomme Richard, Jones led his small squadron in the capture of seven merchantmen off of the Scottish coast. On September 23, 1779, Jones fought one of the bloodiest engagements in naval history. Jones struggled with the 44-gun Royal Navy frigate Serapis, and although his own vessel was burning and sinking, Jones would not accept the British demand for surrender, replying, I have not yet begun to fight. More than three hours later, Serapis surrendered and Jones took command.

According to some historians, Jones remained appealing as much for his actions as for his personality. British chapbooks, an early form of dime novels, pictured him as a ruthless marauding pirate akin to Blackbeard. His attacks on British ships were often sudden and sometimes bloody. The vision of a swarthy scalawag persisted even to the writings of Rudyard Kipling a century later.

In person, however, Jones was another man. Thomas Jefferson and others referred to him as little Jones and he may have been 55. Unlike other merchant seamen, he was well dressed, carried a sword, and conducted himself with practiced decorum.. Add to that a Scottish brogue, and light Celtic features. He was never an easy man to get along with, intense about his honor and his duties, a harsh military master. But he was surprisingly sociable. He was a prolific poem and letter writer, spoke some French, and, though he never married, was involved in many romances. Above all, no one questioned his daring. In Britain, his naval actions against the mother country certainly led to his presentation as a pirate.

In 1788, Russian Empress Catherine the Great appointed Jones rear admiral in the Russian Navy, in which he saw action in the Liman campaign in the Black Sea. He left the Russian service in 1789 and moved to Paris. He was appointed U.S. Consul to Algiers but died before the commission arrived. His body was buried in Paris, but in 1905, after a lengthy search, his remarkably preserved corpse was discovered and removed from a gravesite in Paris and transported to the United States. Through the intervention of President Theodore Roosevelt, Jones remains were re-interred in an ornate tomb at the Naval Academy Chapel at Annapolis, Maryland in 1913 when the tomb was completed

My birthday is September 23rd.

TNFreedom
01-20-2008, 08:19 PM
Amazing. Thank you for that. I am going to wake up and read this post everyday from hear on out.

mokkan88
01-20-2008, 08:20 PM
Excellent.

Sey.Naci
01-20-2008, 08:26 PM
I've read BLS's post several times and each time, this part makes me cry:

I cannot tell you how much I wish I could walk up behind him, when he's asked "Are you electable", or "Are you a Republican", or "Are you running for the wrong party", and quietly put my hand on his shoulder, and let him know "I'm here with you Ron". You are NOT doing this ALONE anymore.

Fields
01-20-2008, 08:27 PM
Can't believe with the amount of time I'm on here that I haven't read that. Thanks BLS.

stevedasbach
01-20-2008, 08:38 PM
bump

MrsW
01-20-2008, 09:14 PM
bump

mokkan88
01-20-2008, 09:19 PM
bump

chiplitfam
01-20-2008, 09:23 PM
ONLY ONE HOUR AND 30 MINUTES TO GO! I am pumped. Great Post!

Benaiah
01-20-2008, 09:29 PM
Great post BLS.

I get so frustrated that the rest of Americans fall for all of these other fake politicians. I wish that their eyes would open.

raystone
01-20-2008, 09:31 PM
perfect...top five post at rpf

torchbearer
01-20-2008, 09:56 PM
//

thegr8drronpaul
01-20-2008, 10:30 PM
Thanks BLS. You really struck a chord with me to say the least. YOU though don't forget to take care of yourself.

I'm in to max out - this IS worth fighting for.

Tronchaser
01-20-2008, 10:42 PM
Must read for all Paulites.

thegr8drronpaul
01-20-2008, 10:53 PM
bump. these threads are moving too fast and this is way more 'read-worthy' than the nonsense above!

dirknb@hotmail.com
01-20-2008, 11:02 PM
Right on.

blakjak
01-21-2008, 12:49 AM
bump

dima7b
01-21-2008, 12:54 AM
amazing post! bump!

Fields
01-21-2008, 02:07 AM
http://farm1.static.flickr.com/106/266402522_bb78ec7bc2.jpg?v=0

Tronchaser
01-21-2008, 02:49 AM
Blimpage

ronpaul4pres
01-21-2008, 03:14 AM
Our soldiers are dying for us, our economy is on the brink of collapse, and many are here worrying about donating a few dollars and some time to canvass. Ron Paul is the only candidate who will truly save America, and many of us aren't even give half as much as we can.

It's time to be like Ron Paul. It's time to stand up for America!

Donate (https://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/)

Canvass (https://voters.ronpaul2008.com/grassroots/signup.php?r=ronpaul4pres@mindspring.com)

emk
01-21-2008, 03:21 AM
Beautiful letter.

aperetti
01-21-2008, 04:47 AM
Thank you,

Blimp

humanic
01-21-2008, 05:29 AM
bump

Dan Klaus
01-21-2008, 05:43 AM
thanks BLS...spoken from the heart - your a patriot and I and others stand with you as well...

Drea
01-21-2008, 07:24 AM
bump

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 07:32 AM
Nicely put.

I hope some Americans will cup their hands and...

Go Fucking Vote!

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 07:40 AM
Time for a little self indulgence...

Boo hoo!

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 07:48 AM
Sorry.

George Bush limits my expectations.

Can hardly wait for the next prince of chaos...

akijikan
01-21-2008, 07:49 AM
tl;dr...can anyone summarize?

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 07:53 AM
Can anyone summarize assholes electing a President?

Where's the thought process?

liberteebell
01-21-2008, 07:57 AM
Beautiful! I was in the middle of writing a post to my meetup explaining why it's so important to donate today. I'll link your wonderful post. Thank you!!!!!

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:03 AM
Beautiful! I was in the middle of writing a post to my meetup explaining why it's so important to donate today. I'll link your wonderful post. Thank you!!!!!
How lovely!

How about a picnic?

Whimp, Whimpy, Whimpesh.

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:04 AM
How about a brick in the face?

liberteebell
01-21-2008, 08:14 AM
How lovely!

How about a picnic?

Whimp, Whimpy, Whimpesh.

???

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:17 AM
Talked to my bro today, who told me the dollar is based on Gold and Silver, and laughed at me, telling me I've been out of the U.S. too long.

He is a C.P.A.

You guys are fucked.

Glad to be overseas.

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:23 AM
???

Apologizies might be due.

Maybe...

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:37 AM
Blood oath!

See you at the Blackwater lunch-counter. Hugs and kisses...

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:47 AM
Deadbeat boring fucks.

Need a few weapons of mass M'cDonalds to have an opinion?

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:48 AM
I gotta give up...

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:49 AM
Piss Ants.

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 08:53 AM
Go to Ireland.

I can't stir you up.

MrsW
01-21-2008, 12:25 PM
bump

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 12:36 PM
bump

Thanks for that inspiring read, but life is not good when the decorum of easily led, and underdeveloped malingerers is mistaken for clarity.

I, require the utmost clarification. (heh)

Ozwest
01-21-2008, 12:42 PM
My apologies for being a complete piss-head.

I'll put my over-bearing ass to bed.

misericordia
01-22-2008, 02:01 AM
I cried when I heard RP speak, and I cried when I read that.

humility will get you everywhere, it got me off my butt.

Highstreet
01-22-2008, 02:27 AM
Bump for our Man

mkeller
01-25-2008, 05:04 PM
Amen!

gracebkr
01-25-2008, 05:29 PM
I sometimes wonder if Ron Paul knows that he was created for this very reason. I mean, I know his life has many many plusses, and I know his lives and strives for his family. I also know that he was meant to do this. His whole life dedication was brought to this point. He is going to win. I have complete faith that we can change the course of history, we must keep on it though. The reason why you are feeling this way is because there is the next step that no one even talks about, but we all know, deep down. Our founders made their case for freedom and stood up against the empire that binded them and our founders cut that bondage. We have to be willing to do the same, but we have to try our asses off to make sure it does not come to that. Ron Paul is amazing and IS a founder as well. He was born in our time to lead us, who still believe in what started this country. He is a clear voice among noise and he draws people in. This is a movement. Good always triumphs over evil and it will prevail this time. We all know now what we are dealing with and we are all staring at the machine. The question is, are we willing to, if every reasonable possible way to do this peacefully is exhausted, are we willing to take the advice of our founders? That is what gives me pause about this whole thing. Are we all really in this to the end? Am I really in this to the end? We have to decide this, because it is not over until we say. We have a right, a God given right to be free and we have been instructed by our founders to secure that right and we have also been given a way to do so legally. I don't know, I am just babbling, kinda. I am sure you all get my drift. I understand getting burned out though. I pray for strength and courage.

StonewallJacksonJenkins
01-27-2008, 05:54 AM
Bravo.

We all are indeed indebted to Ron Paul.

gilliganscorner
01-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Hello Folks,

When I read BLS's original post, I connected.

I am Canadian. My first encounter with Ron Paul, pre 9/11, was when I read his speeches here (http://www.house.gov/paul/legis_congrec.htm).

I thought ... wow. Just wow. There IS a voice of reason, integrity, and accuracy in Congress! Imagine! I thought to myself, "No one must be listening. For if they were, this man would be silenced (I studied the Kennedy assassination - so you know what I was thinking)

Our politicians say, "Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing!", but think, "As long as no-one is listening.".

Then 9/11 happened. I remember standing in the cafeteria at work where 50 people or so were gathered around the big-screen TV. I watched in horror like most that day. However, something in the back of my mind was saying, "Now we're going to get big government.". I then realized I said it out loud. Someone turned to me and said, "What the f*** are you talking about?!?!". I left.

Since that horrible day, I watched in nausea what the government (Canada's as well) was staging. The new departments being created. Restrictive protocols. The Patriot Act. No-fly lists. The dot-com / real estate bubbles. Out of control inflation. Deficits. The death of Iraqis and Americans where the Administration lied to exploit the anger of its citizens by declaring a war that had nothing to do with 9/11. The Afghanistan debacle - all this money and they can't find a guy in a cave?!?! They could have just issued a 500 million dollar bounty to have his people turn him in.

And all through this, I kept reading Ron Paul's speeches to Congress. He was the lone voice of reason and sanity throughout all of this.

When I found out he was running for President, I yelled a great big "Whoo-Hoo!!!" in my house. I then had tears in my eyes. I had this strange feeling - only later did I realize it was HOPE.

I explained who RP is and what his message was to my wife. She is not political in general and a pretty good critical thinker. She converted immediately. She is not as passionate as me, but she understands why I am. I think that's why she understood when I paid real money to run a Facebook ad for the Nov 5th event (http://gilliganscorner.wordpress.com/2007/11/02/the-next-fb-flyer/), even though I am Canadian.

I told her that I if we didn't have small kids, I would have taken a sabbatical from work and walked the Canadian/American border to raise money and awareness for Ron Paul, as I cannot vote or donate. If any of you reading this knows who Terry Fox was, I would have called my walk, "The Marathon of Hope V2.0".

People throughout the entire world are learning and watching (http://whowouldtheworldelect.com).

I agree with you BLS. I know the feeling. Ron Paul cured my apathy.

MikeStanart
01-28-2008, 02:56 PM
Piss Ants.

SPAM much?

-lotus-
01-29-2008, 08:20 PM
im stealing this and spamming all my myspace friends with it. thanks!

Exarel
01-29-2008, 08:21 PM
im stealing this and spamming all my myspace friends with it. thanks!

Add it to your sig. It always makes me try harder :)

sgrooms
02-02-2008, 07:17 PM
i just maxed out :D

pinkmandy
02-03-2008, 12:24 PM
Not letting this one get buried.

zabideen
02-09-2008, 01:54 PM
bump

EVERYONE NEEDS TO READ IT AGAIN!

suzypotaka
02-10-2008, 12:13 AM
And remember--maxing out doesn't need to happen in 1 day. self + spouse are in for the long haul! Thanx for the post--good job!

Revolution9
02-10-2008, 02:55 AM
BLS says it all. Welll not ALL but ~all~.

Best
Randyu

boondoggle
02-10-2008, 06:56 PM
blimp