PDA

View Full Version : ads should focus on the message first, RP second

rfbz
01-12-2008, 12:04 AM
I think some of the ads focus too much on building up RP without educating people on the message. You may win a few votes this way, but it doesn't get enough people thinking. Instead of those radio ads talking about how many babies he's delivered, how many times he's voted no, they should talk about the economy, the falling dollar, the federal reserve, blowback (we're less safe now because we're provoking the world) and then at the very end of the ad mention RP.

Some have commented that RP isn't going to win, this is the start of a revolution and educating people. If you believe that, then the message should definitely be top priority and that's how the dollars should be spent. But if you do think RP has a chance to win, it should still be top priority because simply pumping up his credibility by his voting record isn't enough to make people understand why they should vote for him.

Sentinelrv
01-12-2008, 12:16 AM
I agree, the ads talking about him delivering babies are worthless. I don't care about that. That's why I could watch Grey's Anatomy.

Runnerguy
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM
This was first released with horrible music. I didn't like the add at all.

It's amazing what a new soundtrack can do.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Med926aDBoc

magicmike
01-12-2008, 01:12 AM
Well the message is complex...
even the term "gold backed dollar", is hard to explain why it's better in 30s.

What needs to happen is to tap into a feeling that everyone in America seems to be having.
Here is a good example. (I actually thought this was a Ron Paul ad)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxUR_0eMfEM

IF you can hit a nerve in people, and directly tie in Ron Paul without an oversell you have their interest. Give them a small dose of medicine for what ails this country, and get them wanting more.

I believe the most important thing is
GET THEM ON THE WEB!

We control the message at that point.