PDA

View Full Version : Did Dondero Write the Racist Newsletters?

EotS
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I'm looking to see if someone here knows the timeline better than I do.

I wonder if Eric Dondero had anything to do with the racist writings in Ron Paul's newsletter. I've been thinking that anyone who wrote that had to be so far disconnected from Dr. Paul's thinking that he was either a 3rd or 4th level hire from Ron's trusted staff, or a saboteur.

Dondero would fit the latter. He's a horrible, contemptible neocon who calls himself "libertarian."

Want to get a picture of who this guy is and how he works? Read here:

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/03/09/why-rudy-giuliani-should-not-be-president/

Also noteworthy are the views of the rest of the "patriots" on this site.

EotS
01-12-2008, 12:00 AM
It gets funnier the more you read, check this out:

We should be enthusiastically supporting Giuliani for President!! In fact, the Libertarian Party should seriously consider giving him their Nomination as a Florida LP member recently suggested, instead of running a candidate against him.

Libertarians for Giuliani at www.mainstreamlibertarian.com
Comment by Eric Dondero — March 10, 2007 @ 12:59 pm

LibertyEagle
01-12-2008, 12:09 AM
That guy is unbelievable.

rfbz
01-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Libertarians for Giuliani? You gotta be kiddin me

shrapnel88
01-12-2008, 12:13 AM
somewhere i read a comment by dondero and he claimed lew rockwell wrote the statements.

jake
01-12-2008, 12:13 AM
Libertarians for Giuliani? You gotta be kiddin me

"freedom is submission to authority" - Rudy.

real Libertarian. :eek:

justinc.1089
01-12-2008, 12:14 AM
Hmm I thought Ghouliani and libertarian in the same writing would like cause some sort of destruction........ lol.

Whoever wrote the stuff was someone Paul liked, which is why he won't name them.

Wyurm
01-12-2008, 12:15 AM
somewhere i read a comment by dondero and he claimed lew rockwell wrote the statements.

the statements do fit dondero's style.

EotS
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM
Whoever wrote the stuff was someone Paul liked, which is why he won't name them.

No way. Ron would not hire anyone with those views to write for his newsletter, even if they were racist and he liked them for their more redeeming qualities.

He won't name them because he doesn't know. How many worked on that newsletter staff? Were there 3rd or 4th level hires that Dr. Paul never met?

My question of a saboteur led me to think of Dondero.

specsaregood
01-12-2008, 12:18 AM

No. He said in his interview with Blitzer that he doesn't know who wrote them. He was not the editor, just the publisher. And that he hadn't read them at the time. A man known as a truth teller would not lie about that. He might omit the statement but he wouldn't say he didn't know who it was if he did.

shrapnel88
01-12-2008, 12:20 AM
the statements do fit dondero's style.

but weren't the newsletters written long before dondero was even around?

EotS
01-12-2008, 12:21 AM
More gems:

Doug, you above all others know Libertarians tend to be wussy computer geek types. Let’s shed that image. Let’s be real men, and stop the wussiness that prevails among the Libertarian set. Let’s back a Real Man for President; Rudy Giuliani.
Comment by Eric Dondero — March 11, 2007 @ 9:55 am

EotS
01-12-2008, 12:22 AM
but weren't the newsletters written long before dondero was even around?

That's why I asked the question about timeline - I don't know...

Ninja Homer
01-12-2008, 12:25 AM
Eric Dondero, Fmr. Senior Aide
US Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX)
1997-2003
Ron Paul for Congress Campaign Coordinator, 1995/96
Travel Aide, Ron Paul, Libertarian for President, 1987/88

The timeline fits.

ronpaulitician
01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Did Jesse Benton write the bigoted articles?

Paul has stated he doesn't know who wrote the articles, right.

Well, either we'll never know, or Paul is lying.

What is important is knowing what actions Paul took after learning of the comments.

Highstreet
01-12-2008, 12:27 AM
Eric Dondero, Fmr. Senior Aide
US Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX)
1997-2003
Ron Paul for Congress Campaign Coordinator, 1995/96
Travel Aide, Ron Paul, Libertarian for President, 1987/88

The timeline fits.

Source?

I have only heard of the six years as Senior Aide.

Ninja Homer
01-12-2008, 12:32 AM
Source?

I have only heard of the six years as Senior Aide.

I just Googled "Eric Dondero" and this was one of the first results:
http://www.latestpolitics.com/blog/2007/05/former-ron-paul-campaign-manager.html

pacelli
01-12-2008, 12:39 AM
I'm looking to see if someone here knows the timeline better than I do.

I wonder if Eric Dondero had anything to do with the racist writings in Ron Paul's newsletter. I've been thinking that anyone who wrote that had to be so far disconnected from Dr. Paul's thinking that he was either a 3rd or 4th level hire from Ron's trusted staff, or a saboteur.

Dondero would fit the latter. He's a horrible, contemptible neocon who calls himself "libertarian."

Want to get a picture of who this guy is and how he works? Read here:

http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/03/09/why-rudy-giuliani-should-not-be-president/

Also noteworthy are the views of the rest of the "patriots" on this site.

This is interesting-- because Dondero is a giuliani employee now. Frank Luntz is supporting giuliani - that would influence the latest shenanigans with his machine.

I wonder what these mafia guys are up to?

pacelli
01-12-2008, 12:43 AM
This little bastard, James Kirchick, was on NPR talking about this entire issue again. Alot of people listen to NPR. He's gone beyond the Tucker interview. I think this is going to be an organized and sustained campaign.

Listen to this bullshit:

h ttp://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17990685

Mark Rushmore
01-12-2008, 01:00 AM

I think that comment section is the most bizarre thing I have ever read through.