PDA

View Full Version : Why I want Ghooliani Romeny 1st and 2nd in MSM polls

JPFromTally
07-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Folks, there is a lot of apathy right now in the Republican voting public. Most Repubs just don't like the "mainstream" candidates. Newt Gingrich is talking like he'll run just to be the savior of the Republican party!

If Ghooliani and Mitt "Double Guantanemera" Romeny poll first and second by double digits this is going to lead to a lot of Republicans staying home come primary day. Seriously, who wants to go through the hassle of going to the voting booth if these two are going to win anyway?

Strategists from both parties have known this for a long time. This is why you see stupid state amendments and proposed legislation like gay marriage on ballots. This gets conservatives to the polls in order to make them vote for the guy who has the R next to his name while they are there. Or proposals like "school choice" to get the democrats in the booth.

Now the Bushie Repubs don't really care too much for Ghooliani, Romney or Thompson. They'll just assume they'll support one of these guys come general election time. However, if Paul starts MSM polling at a threatening 15-20% you will see a lot of these Hannitty types getting their act together against him. Not a good thing since they've got tons of money.

Let them have their MSM polls. Let them think we're just a small minorty of internet geeks who have nothing better to do than spam polls. The truth will be known when 99.9% of RP supporters show up to the booths (unless they figure out a way to disenfranchise us).

nullvalu
07-24-2007, 11:49 AM
(unless they figure out a way to disenfranchise us).

lol, they've already been trying by ignoring him or telling him he has no chances. we know their tactics and disenfranchisement won't happen.

jj111
07-24-2007, 11:51 AM
I disagree. The better we do in the polls, the more we are seen as "viable" and not subject to the "wasting your vote" fallacy.

nullvalu
07-24-2007, 12:04 PM
I think what JPFromRally was implying that regardless of success in polls, the MSM may continue to ignore/downplay RP's chances.

JasonM
07-24-2007, 05:37 PM
Hey, lets go to www.moveon.org and get them to help us "spam" the republican primaries for ron paul, just so we get a repeat of the look on Sean Hannedy's face when he finds out that Ron Paul won the primaries. :D

That's his explanation by the way on what happened to the "text message election". He says that the moveon.org types thought they were being "real cute" when they "Spamed" the "text message election".

That's what it was!! A bunch of anti-war libs from moveon.org and other liberal bloggers are spamming the text message and online polls!!!! It's all them liberals' fault! :D

Never mind that these "anti-war libs" also want smaller federal government, believe in states rights, want to phase out federal welfare government programs, and a host of other "traditionally conservative" agendas. :D

Really, the only thing that pissed me off about the anti war side was the idea that we could just leave in 24 hours, but that was before things went downhill to where they are today. I mean if we can't get the Iraqi army in order in 4 years, what makes you think we can do it in another 4 or 5 years? We'd go bankrupt before there was peace in Iraq (or Iran, if Bushy boy gets his way)!!!

JasonM
07-24-2007, 05:40 PM
I mean, it will be November 2008 before anyone can do anything anyways. If things don't improve by then, then I'm sorry but there comes a point where we have to tell the Iraqis that they either find a way to keep their country together or it will fall apart, because either way we're leaving.

JPFromTally
07-24-2007, 06:22 PM
But aside from Ron Paul, most people usually go to the polls to vote against something rather than for something.

Most people didn't vote for GW in 2004, they voted against Kerry.