PDA

View Full Version : a few thoughts...

Doug1372
01-11-2008, 11:41 PM
This is really difficult for me, but it is time to face/deal with reality.

There are several things out there that will/could keep Dr. Paul from being nominated:

1.) First and foremost the mainstream media (MSM) is out in force against our candidtate.

2.) If Dr. Paul does well in the upcoming primaries the MSM will use the "Ron Paul Newsletter" and other topics such as the video of his reply to a question about "evolution" to absolutely fry him. I don't see how the campaign can effectively deal with these questions; especially considering how the views of his supporters will not be aired. He'll be potrayed as a "kook" and the media will have a field day with this stuff.

3.) I know, and we on this board know what Dr. Paul is about, but he constantly uses phrases, terminology and ideology that the morons of this world do not understand or will misinterpret.

a:)Dr. Paul continually talks about "trading and travelling" with other countries...mainly in the context of how we should deal with the problem in the Middle East. We've already seen how his rivals are going to use this against him. I cannot believe that somebody in his campaign has not already told him to stop using this terminology. Especially the word "travel."

b:) His constant talk about getting rid of the Department of Education. This is going to have a negative effect on everybody (aka...any idiot) that hears it. Especially those people with children!!!!!! He needs to stop saying this. This may be a remark about government spending in general, but it sounds horrible to voters. Also, in the big picture of government overspending, it is inconsequential.

c:) He needs to stop talking about drugs. <<<<Period. People have been "educated" that drugs are bad. The citizens of this country have been innudated with information/media about why the "drug trade" is bad. Starting with "Miami Vice" and the "still showing," "The Wire." (best show on Tv!!!) Drugs, in most cases, are a horrible drain on society. People (voters) do not like drugs. Addicts don't give a shit..and aren't voting.

This message gets confused. Dr. Paul is suggesting that the states should deal with the problem, but it sounds like he is "ok" with heroin, meth and cocaine addicts running the streets...

"medicinal marijuana" is another topic..but so freaking unimportant/marginal when dealing with the other issues facing our country.

d:) talk of eliminating the FBI and CIA. The majority of people in this country believe that these orginizations are important and serve a vital purpose. To suggest they should be eliminated is going to disfavour our candidate.

4.) If Dr. Paul will not focus on the really important issues that I have supported him for, and that will attract voters, then he is doomed and we need to move on to plan "b."

Plan "B" would be using the energy and resources of this board to promote a change in governmental policy. Not a campaign of a single candidate who will never be nominated, much less elected, as President.

We would use our resources to support any/all candidates who wants to focus on the following:

a.) get the troops out of Iraq and other countries.
b.) a sound fiscal policy
c.) immigration (enforcement of our laws)
d.) national soverienty (sp?) (I don't know how to spell)
e.) an end to the policies of the Federal reserve.
f.) a dramatic scaling back/ending of entitlement programs that this country cannot afford.
g.) Lowering/eliminating the federal income tax.

The candidate who truly wants to do these things and does not have a "background" that can be attacked by the MSM surely has a chance to be nominated/elected.

Anyways. The campaign needs to get our candidate a bit more focused and we, as a very powerful, money raising PAC, may need to start focusing on influencing policy beyond this presidential campaign.

Don't let all this hard work and enthusiasm go to waste.

freestyl24
01-11-2008, 11:46 PM
<>

Doug1372
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM
bump!!!

I didn't intend to have all those smileys in my post.

Interested in any and all responses.

rfbz
01-11-2008, 11:52 PM
i disagree on the evolution thing. I believe in evolution & I'm an atheist and I thought RP's answer to that question was fine. Nobody on either side knows for sure, but he has his personal faith. What's wrong with that? Besides, it's not like this sets him apart from the republican candidates, they are all creationists.

m72mc
01-11-2008, 11:53 PM
lol you wont ever find a candidate with a better record than ron paul

on top of that 30 years of saying the same thing

offc vote in other candidates to congress etc but now is the time to fight for ron paul

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
I don't care what he believes or doesnt believe, I care what he has voted for in the past and what he says he will do in the future. As for the rest, you're trying to make him into the other candidates who are spineless soft fascist bastards.

TER
01-12-2008, 12:03 AM
bump

Unfortunately, I also agree he needs to 'dumb' it down a little so that us dumb people could understand him a little better. Some of his stances on issues will take years to accomplish. He should be make this clear when saying things like getting rid of the Fed, CIA, etc...

Doug1372
01-12-2008, 12:05 AM
I absolutely believe in Ron Paul and want him to be the next president.

I've had the "evolution" video thrown in my face a few times. I, as an ardent supporter, can rationalize it. But, to be honest he stumbles and doesn't sound very convincing. He'll be fried with it if this campaign starts to show some results. We all know how the MSM can "spin" a topic.......

The "Ron Paul Newsletter" topic completely floored me.

I'm just trying to get people to focus on the "what if" scenario. We/the campaign really have some issues especially with the poor results from the first few outcomes. I'm not backing out, but I've noticed a dropoff of "fervency" since New Hampshire. We really need to get people refocused.

Doug1372
01-12-2008, 12:10 AM
I'm not trying to "make" him into anything. I was just suggesting what messages he should focus on that will help him get elected. Ideals that he already believes in, but his message gets bogged down with other ideas (although important) that make the "voters" look upon him unfavourably...

drugs, CIA, FBI, education, etc.....

jacmicwag
01-12-2008, 12:54 AM
Good ideas - now if we can figure out a way to show he will fight the jihadists/protect American while at the same time stopping needless wars, he might get elected. The way he presents his foreign policy positions is spot on intellectually but at an emotional level appears weak to many mainstream voters. I just wish there was some hawkish position he could propose that stays within the bounds of constitutional government and non-interventionist policy. I would love for him to be able to shut up McCain when it comes to this business.

Anti Federalist
01-12-2008, 12:58 AM
The "voters" already look upon him unfavorably.

The "voters" do not like, do not want, cannot understand and are terribly afraid of Freedom and Peace.

The "voters" want more welfare and more warfare.

They'll get plenty of both, until the whole house of cards collapses, when it will be our time, it will be our duty, to cry havoc and sweep the old order away, consequences and sheeple be damned.