PDA

View Full Version : Local Newspapers & Local Ads

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 11:31 PM
Copied from: justinc.1089

How did we win our only county in Iowa? Newspaper ads were ran by a meetup group! Please help win the early states by donating to this newspaper advertising effort everyone! http://www.ads4ronpaul.com/Home_Page.php And can we please get the thread about that stickied too?

Push, Push, Push!

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
Here in my home town, local paper with circulation of ~16,000, $830 for a full page ad.

Scary thing is I could afford it. I don't know if I would be welcome back in my house though, my wife is already quite angry with me over what I've spent so far.

JasonCYST
01-11-2008, 11:33 PM
I haven't looked into an ad, but at the last meet-up i attended we had a reporter from the local paper come down and sit with us. he brought a photographer who took some pics of everything as well. it's supposed to be in print on the 20th, so we'll see what comes from it.

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Thats great. I think everyone should buy ads in papers in Nevada, or donate to this guy's site or meetup groups in Nevada because Nevada is a state we really need to finish 2nd or 1st in to get some momentum for super tuesday.

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Folks at least call your local newspaper and find out. I thought it would be more myself. I know most of us are not wealthy like the patriot llepard who ran the USA Today ad.

But at least call and find out how much it costs.

Runnerguy
01-11-2008, 11:39 PM
Here in my home town, local paper with circulation of ~16,000, $830 for a full page ad.

Scary thing is I could afford it. I don't know if I would be welcome back in my house though, my wife is already quite angry with me over what I've spent so far.

Try joining a Ron Paul meetup group(Not just for this reason of course ;) ) and ask them all to help chip in the rest. It might mean everyone else just chipping in 20 bucks.

Scott Wilson
01-11-2008, 11:40 PM
Our meetup group in Murfreesboro, TN is currently raising money for newspaper ads.

We have one already appearing this Sunday and when we raise the money we will place others the following Sunday in different papers.

linusPAULing
01-11-2008, 11:44 PM
We just had our first newspaper ad in the San Francisco East Bay published yesterday. Here's the thread about it.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=85076&highlight=hits+the+presses

Folks can have a semi-customizable form of this ad if they want it. Pm me, and I'll email it.