PDA

View Full Version : Brit Hume DIDN'T ask Paul the same question

paulgeek
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
HUME: Congressman Paul, what if this happens again?

PAUL: I would certainly urge a lot more caution than I'm hearing here tonight. It reminds me of what happened in the Gulf of Tonkin. We went to war there, then, later on, found out there was a lot of false information.

So here we have -- let's put it in perspective. We have five small speedboats attacking the U.S. Navy with a Destroyer? They could take care of those speedboats in about five seconds. And here we're ready to start World War III over this?

And now, guess what, today, the Navy commander of the Fifth Fleet was on ABC and announced that, you know, that voice might not have come from those vessels. So what does that mean?Was there a rush to judgment on this, ready to go to war?

And you know there are people in this administration and in Washington, D.C., that are looking for the chance.They were so disappointed with the national estimate on intelligence. And they were disap-pointed that there's no attempt to build weapons in Iran since 2003.

HUME: Congressman...

PAUL: So what -- I just don't see this rush to judgment.

HUME: Well, wait a minute. All of these people I've asked this question to so far have said they sup-ported the decision to be passive. What are you responding to?

Brit Hume asked Paul what if this happens again, a pretty open ended question as far as a possible response goes. Hume didn't ask him what he thought about the original response of the commander. He asked him about future incidents. Paul was perfectly logical about answering Hume's new question with a rush to judgment response considering Giuliani's and Huckabee's responses. Hume made Paul to look like a fool and this new question should be a part of countering that Paul wasn't following the debate.

Sandra
01-11-2008, 11:03 PM
I noticed the question was different.

Dieseler
01-11-2008, 11:14 PM
I did not notice the question was different.
Thanks for pointing that out.

WilliamC
01-11-2008, 11:19 PM
The distortions and disinformation never stop coming from Fox.

Xonox
01-11-2008, 11:20 PM
I only saw the clip of RP, I didn't see what questions the others were asked. Good catch.

dustup
01-12-2008, 12:50 AM
Brit Hume asked Paul what if this happens again, a pretty open ended question as far as a possible response goes. Hume didn't ask him what he thought about the original response of the commander. He asked him about future incidents. Paul was perfectly logical about answering Hume's new question with a rush to judgment response considering Giuliani's and Huckabee's responses. Hume made Paul to look like a fool and this new question should be a part of countering that Paul wasn't following the debate.

Its not how you start its how you arrive.....he arrived right here! SMACK DOWN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3T84Ve5SSs&feature=related

:D :D :D

HistoryWillBeMade:RonPaul
01-12-2008, 01:55 AM
You have to listen a couple times, but its amazing to hear Fred Thompson sort of come to the support of Dr. Paul.

He says something like "its not all passive."

I'm sure RP didn't hear Thompson say that but he could have said Hume what are YOU talking about. Fred Thompson just said its not all passive and the other NEOCONS on this stage just pointed out how they would be ready to go to war. Did you listen to their responses, HUME?

Read all the newspapers (tomorrow). Now where "near passive."

FU Frank

Marc3579
01-12-2008, 02:15 AM
I was trying to figure out what Brit Hume meant by his little diatribe question to Ron. I was also, amazed at how Ron came out swinging in this debate. He became more forceful in his answers, and he jumped at the jabs thrown his way.

Sarge
01-12-2008, 06:11 AM
paulgeek,

Thank you for posting that.

I had also picked up on the fact that he had asked the question "what if that happened again", but was not home long enough yesterday to comment. Then he tries to make it look like Dr. Paul didn't respond properly to his question. Cheap Shot!

Kingfisher
01-12-2008, 06:19 AM
I was trying to figure out what Brit Hume meant by his little diatribe question to Ron. I was also, amazed at how Ron came out swinging in this debate. He became more forceful in his answers, and he jumped at the jabs thrown his way.

He didnt jump. He blocked and counterpunched with hard hitting blockbusting left and right hooks!............ (cheer)

dkim68
01-12-2008, 07:21 AM
Thank You For Posting This!

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
01-12-2008, 07:59 AM
Brit Hume asked Paul what if this happens again, a pretty open ended question as far as a possible response goes.

Yeah, some people think he answered it wrong, because they weren't paying attention. Then Hume tried to confuse the issue further after the answer.

malibu
01-12-2008, 09:59 AM
Very good point . . .

Thanks for the post and bring this sorta thing up to MSNBC's Keith Olbermann as well . . .

Brit Hume - the worst person in the wooorrrld

TSOL
01-12-2008, 10:05 AM
I did not notice the question was different.
Thanks for pointing that out.

I did not either.

Thanks. Makes me more pissed now. :D:cool::eek:

CurtisLow
01-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Fox news doing there tricks again.. They asked the same question to 3 and changed the question slightly when they asked RP.

It was a setup question.. I think it would have confused anyone. F-FOX there day will come to and end so.

Mises
01-12-2008, 11:25 AM
Good point. Hume, in an angry fit of delusional sadism was unable to contain his warmongering. His obsession with trying to smear Paul caused him to forget not only what the other candidates had previously said, but what question he had asked Paul in the first place!

Paul's look of confusion reflects what went through my mind - that Hume's follow-up was so far off the map that I was thoroughly perplexed that he said what he did. I wondered what debate he was watching, and I would have likely looked every bit as dumbfounded as Paul did were I in his shoes.

clouds
01-12-2008, 11:41 AM
I like that mitt romney's response right after that ordeal confirmed what Paul had said.

killatop
01-12-2008, 11:58 AM
I was just watching again and noticed the same thing and was rushing over here to post about it...hopefully others will see the light.

He was so dead on too... I would urge caution..because the others are talking about seeing hell and virgins and that's just scary.... then hume says they supported the descicion..wtf ... well yeah but u didn't ask that question u stupid fuck. it's sad America is too stupid to figure this out.

dmspilot00
01-12-2008, 11:52 PM
You have to listen a couple times, but its amazing to hear Fred Thompson sort of come to the support of Dr. Paul.

He says something like "its not all passive."

I'm sure RP didn't hear Thompson say that but he could have said Hume what are YOU talking about. Fred Thompson just said its not all passive and the other NEOCONS on this stage just pointed out how they would be ready to go to war. Did you listen to their responses, HUME?

Read all the newspapers (tomorrow). Now where "near passive."

FU Frank
Yeah, I just checked, and Thompson said, "I don't know if that was passive."

dkim68
01-13-2008, 12:03 AM
it's sad America is too stupid to figure this out.
It's like everyone has ADD. Their perceptions are decided as if they walked into a room where a bunch of people are laughing at one person and based on that make the judgement that there must be something wrong with that one person. Without any facts. Just on the laughing alone. And the MSM knows this and uses the strategy against the viewing audience. I hate FOX. I absolutely hate them.

Minlawc
01-13-2008, 12:58 AM
Yeah, I just checked, and Thompson said, "I don't know if that was passive."

Well that wouldn't surprise me, Fox isn't Thompson's favorite station either. I remember him slamming on them in an interview...

By the way, has this been mentioned in any credible article?

painter4Ron Paul
01-13-2008, 08:23 PM
okey dokkey

Gammerus
01-14-2008, 02:42 AM
It isn't just Paul fans that noticed this either, My mom (the neocon) pointed out how obvious it was that they were picking at him specifically.