PDA

View Full Version : SC Debate Summary! I was there lol!

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 10:48 PM
I thought I would give you guys a first hand account about what went on yesterday here in Myrtle Beach for the debate with Ron Paul.

Before the debate Paul went around a nice shopping plaza and had like 40 or maybe more people following him around lol. An illusionist I know that might work somewhere around there I guess performed for him. He had a deck of cards with different politician's names wrote on each card, and one had Paul's name on it. So he had Paul pick out a card, which was of course the one with his name on it. I heard it was the king of clubs and Paul said "But I don't want to be king...." lol.

The blimp was flying around over the area too since it was right beside the convention center where the debate was held.

So after Paul was done talking to people there I ate something before getting ready to go to the debate since I got hooked up with a free ticket by some chance lol. Then I went on to go to the debate, and saw South Carolina's governor Mark Sanford giving an interview to a local tv station so I decided to wait to meet him since it was just him and the reporter surprisingly. I told him that he was a great governor because from everything I know he is, and that Paul's supporters like him too, and that we would all love to see him endorse Ron Paul. He just said that he liked Ron Paul, and that Paul is a good friend of his, and that they were in congress together.

So after that I went on inside the debate and once again found myself surrounded by stupid people. I think the only place on earth where you don't find yourself surrounded by stupid people is at Ron Paul gatherings, seriously. The woman sitting a seat over from me said that last year she voted for Edwards but this year likes Huckabee, whatever likes means. Before the debate started a Fox news radio host came over to where I was sitting to get some interviews. So of course I wanted to give an interview, and said not once, not twice, not three times, but SEVEN times I would LOVE to give an interview. But my Ron Paul button of course got me censored by fox news because the guy acted like he was deaf and ignored me.:mad: But the two stupid old women sitting close to me supporting Giuliani were given an interview.:mad::rolleyes:

Then the debate started and well there's not too much to tell about that, except that the seats were horrible, they were like leaning down so you were sliding out of your seat constantly lol. Fred Thompson was just acting at the debate, literally. Everytime it was his turn to speak he was different, and when someone else was talking he wasn't even paying attention to the debate really. In the beginning of the debate he was even looking around staring at the ceiling with this look on his face like "why me, out of the people that want to be president, why am I here?" Everytime Paul said anything McCain was laughing, smiling, and giggling too. And Giuliani tried to be nice to Paul before the debate started. I don't know what they were saying but he was laughing and smiling. Paul was just kind of smiling though like he was trying to be polite lol.

After the debate I joined other Ron Paul supporters and filled the background of local television stations with people holding Ron Paul signs. It was funny when the Huckabee people standing around realized what was going on since they either, or both, did not have the passion to hold signs in front of cameras for their candidate, or are not smart enough to think about holding signs in front of cameras for their candidates because they started to try to hold signs for Huckabee and start chanting "I like Mike." But they only found a measily 1 Huckabee yard sign to hold which was looking pitiful beside the tons of Paul signs, and they got drowned out by us chanting Ron Paul too lol.

The spin room on fox news was done backstage where no one could go, so it wasn't possible to hold signs behind that. No one even knew where that was at. I figured it out once I watched the debate re-run on tv later. I guess Hannity was afraid of getting mobbed by Ron Paul supporters again, or they were afraid we would fill the background with Paul signs, which we probably would have done lol.

Paul then went to a rally at the same shopping plaza called broadway at the beach at a restaruant called "Liberty Steakhouse." I didn't get to hear his speech since I had been holding signs for news channels but I caught him leaving, and people started chanting the loudest, most intense Ron Paul chant I have ever heard. I heard his speech was great too. I think my brother or someone got it on video so maybe I can get that on my computer and show it to you all.

RonPaul_SantaMonica
01-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Thank you for the post. Enjoyed reading it, specially the Thompson part. Made me chuckle.

apc3161
01-11-2008, 10:54 PM
Gracias, nice little narrative there.

Azprint
01-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Thank you!

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Thank you for the post. Enjoyed reading it, specially the Thompson part. Made me chuckle.

It was funny to me when I saw him doing that. I was thrilled I got to meet Sanford and ask him to endorse Paul though. That was the 2nd best part of yesterday. The best part was either holding signs in front of cameras, or hearing the thunderous chanting for Paul when he was leaving his after debate rally. We have so much passion for liberty there is no way we can't succeed.

TER
01-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Thanks for post!

By the way, do you know if Romney made some kind of gesture to make the crowd laugh at Dr. Paul right before Romney said that Ahmedenijad newsletter comment?

Ron2Win
01-11-2008, 10:58 PM
Is anything said during commercial breaks? or is it filmed nonstop?

CareerTech1
01-11-2008, 11:00 PM
+1 thanks

Spirit of '76
01-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Good stuff! Glad to hear you had a good time. :)

Rangeley
01-11-2008, 11:02 PM
For the Iran question, did Romney do something that caused people to laugh, or why were people laughing? Thats been a mystery for us folks who saw it only on TV.

beobeli
01-11-2008, 11:04 PM
thanks... I like that the spirits are up down there. Keep up the good work.

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks for post!

By the way, do you know if Romney made some kind of gesture to make the crowd laugh at Dr. Paul right before Romney said that Ahmedenijad newsletter comment?

No the crowd is full of the same stupid people you talk to all the time, so the hosts implying Paul is crazy is enough to get them to laugh at him.

BUT they do make signals to get people to applaud sometimes, especially when introducing the hosts like Humes and such, and when they go to or return from breaks.

They also touch up make during the breaks on people but of course not Paul lol. They touch up Giuliani's head too lol!

AdamT
01-11-2008, 11:06 PM
Thank you for the insight.

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:07 PM
Is anything said during commercial breaks? or is it filmed nonstop?

Its not filmed nonstop. They stop for the length of time commercials are on. Everyone would get up and stand up, and the people close to the front would walk up to talk to the candidates or hosts for a second. Then they tell everyone to get back in their seats when there is 30 seconds to go back to the debate. Then they make everyone applaud lol.

Something else that was funny was that they had name bar things that were supposed to be sitting on their podiums, but no one wanted them so they took them away lol. They did look dumb and just take up room though.

BLS
01-11-2008, 11:09 PM
Thank you! For EVERYTHING!

BTW..you witnessed..in person..the greatest line ever given impromptu by a Presidential Candidate.

I would KILL to have seen that live.

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Thank you! For EVERYTHING!

BTW..you witnessed..in person..the greatest line ever given impromptu by a Presidential Candidate.

I would KILL to have seen that live.

What line was that? The one where Paul was saying how absurd everything is?

Give me liberty
01-11-2008, 11:11 PM
justinc.1089 do you think that ron paul has a chance in SC? One week from now?

CountryRoads
01-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Thanks for the write-up! Must feel great to be Ron Paul right now with crowds of people cheering his name whereever he goes !

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:15 PM
justinc.1089 do you think that ron paul has a chance in SC? One week from now?

Sadly no. If 70% of the country is against staying in Iraq, the South is the main area of the 30% that wants to stay. And South Carolina is the heart of the South. So I think even Giuliani will beat us here because he is campaigning on fear of terrorism, which would increase his pathetic finish here slightly. People in SC just think Paul is liberal or something because he is against the war, and there are not nearly enough people here that want to leave Iraq to help us do well.

A victory in SC will be finishing above Giuliani for 5th place sadly enough. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but that is how it looks here. Our campaign for the repubican nomination hinges on Nevada. If we get a 1st or 2nd in Nevada maybe we can gain enough momentum to come out strong from super tuesday.

MsDoodahs
01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
They touch up Giuliani's head too lol!

HA! crack me up!
:D

Thanks for this, loved reading it!

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
Thanks for the write-up! Must feel great to be Ron Paul right now with crowds of people cheering his name whereever he goes !

Yeah its pretty crazy when you just plan to walk around stores somewhere and the next day its in at least one newspaper, and you're being followed by like 40 people, and you spontaneously have people holding signs following you. It was like a spontaneous mobile mini-rally almost lol!

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 11:25 PM
It was funny to me when I saw him doing that. I was thrilled I got to meet Sanford and ask him to endorse Paul though. That was the 2nd best part of yesterday. The best part was either holding signs in front of cameras, or hearing the thunderous chanting for Paul when he was leaving his after debate rally. We have so much passion for liberty there is no way we can't succeed.

You need to spread the word on the local newspaper, I think that's probably one of the best ideas I've heard yet.

cicatrice
01-11-2008, 11:35 PM
Before the debate Paul went around a nice shopping plaza and had like 40 or maybe more people following him around lol. An illusionist I know that might work somewhere around there I guess performed for him. He had a deck of cards with different politician's names wrote on each card, and one had Paul's name on it. So he had Paul pick out a card, which was of course the one with his name on it. I heard it was the king of clubs and Paul said "But I don't want to be king...." lol.

That made me smile. Thanks for the report!

krott5333
01-11-2008, 11:42 PM
So explain what it was like when Carl Cameron acted like a bitch and asked him the question of "electability"

Soccrmastr
01-11-2008, 11:47 PM
I love stories like this. thanks!

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 11:54 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080111/i/r3744593280.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080111/i/r1621715284.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Republican-Debate-Brit-Hume-Rep-Ron-Paul-Texas-Republican-presidential-hopeful/ss/events/pl/050407republicdebate/s:/ap/20080111/ap_on_el_pr/republicans_debate/im:/080111/480/8a3feae1015b410bb466fa6b25974471/

justinc.1089
01-11-2008, 11:58 PM
http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080111/i/r3744593280.jpg

http://d.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/rids/20080111/i/r1621715284.jpg

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/Republican-Debate-Brit-Hume-Rep-Ron-Paul-Texas-Republican-presidential-hopeful/ss/events/pl/050407republicdebate/s:/ap/20080111/ap_on_el_pr/republicans_debate/im:/080111/480/8a3feae1015b410bb466fa6b25974471/

HAHAHA! Thats what you guys missed during commercial breaks lol.

And when they asked about 9/11 truthers, and when they asked about electability, I wanted to go down there and hit those guys and shout at them.