PDA

View Full Version : The Great American Underdog Story

CaliforniaGold
01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Hi Everyone.

I hope I put this in the right section.

I have been observing the way the Dr. Paul has been treated in the media and I am completly disgusted by it. I know I am not the only one.

I think Dr. Paul needs our help and I think I know a couple of ways that we can change perceptions that are being skewed by the MSM in their obvious desire to ridicule him into obscurity.

Dr. Paul is a story that Hollywood would write. In fact they once did, it was called MR. Smith goes to Washington.

There is nothing that the American people hate more then a bully. Every story coming out of literature and Hollywood has the same theme of the little good guy (Norma Rae, Silkwood, Erin Brockovitch etc...) This is a great American story and we just need to write it in television ads, You Tube videos, message boards and everywhere else that we can..

The small, humble public servant fighting the big government types and the MSM monster..with the help of Joe and Jane six pack. Show him being maligned. Show him being ridiculed, show him being belittled, show him fighting the "Masters of the Universe" as Jeff Sessions calls it.

WE have to tell this story. Get the American people on the side of the Great American story of the little guy who no one believed in (excepts American citizens).

I would also like to note that I love seeing all of the Ron Paul Signs everywhere and it is very inspiring BUT we have so little access to the media to get the word out on what Dr. Paul stands for...we have to use every tool we can to get the ISSUES out there even more then the name...
Even by simply making his signs two sided, one side with his name and the other side with an issue

Ron Paul

Wants to bring the troops home now

Ron Paul

Wants to end the IRS

etc....we could double our chances of informing the public!

Does anyone else agree?

Ixzion
01-11-2008, 10:27 PM
I agree. People do love to get behind the underdog. Right now, they don't believe he has a shot, but with a different twist, it would turn the tables a bit, I think.

hillertexas
01-11-2008, 10:31 PM
Welcome to the forum, California! :)

CaliforniaGold
01-11-2008, 10:36 PM
Thank you!

I am very happy to be here and participating!

The MSM likes to make us all look like nut jobs. It is our job to make sure we don't give them the negative ammuntion to do it with!

Everytime they attack, we counter with the facts. I have heard it said that when you start to get shrill and angry, you have lost the fight. I think that is happening with Fox News. They are becomming so obsessed with destroying Dr. Paul, they are losing site of the long term consequences. They are about to show their true colors and it isn't going to be pretty for them.

It will sink in as the attacks continue and the American people start to see who the bullies are and begin to get turned off to it.

Libertytree
01-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I love the tie in with Mr Smith Goes To Washington, great idea! The underdog message is clean and inviting and can even be connected modernly with "What is it they don't want you to hear?"