PDA

View Full Version : Would you vote for a George Washington/Thomas Jefferson ticket?

Telkandore
01-11-2008, 09:48 PM
This would be a great question to ask the other candidates as well as their supporters. If they say no, I think that speaks for itself. If they say yes, it sets them up to be absolutely and unarguably exposed as liars.

FreeTraveler
01-11-2008, 09:52 PM
Thomas Jefferson, yes, George Washington, no!

GW violated the Constitution when he illegally put down the Whiskey Rebellion.

Ogren
01-11-2008, 09:54 PM
I would vote for a Paul/Jefferson ticket.

constitutional
01-11-2008, 09:54 PM

Please tell me about about it the Whiskey Reb, specifically, how was it unconstitutional? thanks. Just curious what the argument was.

Think12345
01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
Nah.
I prefer internet-savvy candidates.

angrydragon
01-11-2008, 10:00 PM
Jefferson/Ben Franklin.

lynnf
01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
This would be a great question to ask the other candidates as well as their supporters. If they say no, I think that speaks for itself. If they say yes, it sets them up to be absolutely and unarguably exposed as liars.

I prefer to give my vote to candidates that can actually take office and can actually say the oath of office, therefore my answer is no since the most these candidates could provide is dry (or maybe not so dry) bones for the office.

lynn

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 10:05 PM
hell yea.....george had a plantation and enjoyed a good smoke....mwaahaahaaa

Matt Collins
01-12-2008, 01:36 PM
Yea GW is of course better than anyone we have had in the last few decades, however GW was definitely not a Constitutionalist.

justinc.1089
01-12-2008, 01:39 PM
I'm not so sure I would vote for Washington, him and the Federalists, but mainly Hamilton, laid the foundation for the mess we're in now. But Washington could have easily decided to become a military dictator and chose not to do so. Or he could have served as president for probably his entire life, but chose not to do that as well. So I have tremendous respect for a man that turns down power like that.

Jefferson I would certainly vote for though!

familydog
01-12-2008, 01:46 PM
Paul/Cleveland 08

Acidlump
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM

Jefferson kind of did something not so good with the whole Louisiana Purchase y'know. Not exactly allowed by the constitution. You can't always follow the constitution I think most everybody in America would agree that we are better off with the enitre east-west coast.

1789Redux
01-12-2008, 01:50 PM

Louisiana Purchase, anyone?

No President has ever been perfectly constitutional, but George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were pretty damn good.

Enemies Domestic
01-12-2008, 02:23 PM
I'd give the Jefferson/Ben Franklin ticket a whirl.

Soccrmastr
01-12-2008, 02:25 PM
Jefferson ftw

angrydragon
01-12-2008, 02:27 PM
Jefferson, always the strict constructionist, feared that the purchase would be deemed unconstitutional. Therefore, he personally drafted a constitutional amendment authorizing the national government to acquire new lands and allowing for the indefinite settlement of the new territory. However, Jefferson and his colleagues feared the time it would take to adopt a new amendment might allow the deal to slip through their fingers. Urged by fellow Republicans, he dropped the amendment and submitted the treaty that provided for the Louisiana Purchase to the Senate, where it was speedily ratified.

http://www.sparknotes.com/history/american/firstyears/section6.rhtml

Richie
01-12-2008, 02:29 PM
Paul/Franklin ;)