PDA

View Full Version : Please Help Dennis Get The Recount To Happen!

deronde
01-11-2008, 09:43 PM
Dennis Kucinich has bravely stood up to the powers that be and demanded that New Hampshire recount their votes. I know many of you disagree with his healthcare economic policies and I remember being denounced when I asked for help with getting him votes in the Independent Primary. We need not forget that Ron Paul openly embraces his friendship with Dennis Kucinich, and any friend of Dr. Paul is a friend of mine! Especially when he is bravely standing up and denouncing the same things we are -- our disastrous foreign policy, and most importantly as of late the MSM excluding people from their debate and "deciding" who wins as well as calling out the integrity of the New Hampshire election.

I've asked the Kucinich campaign to set up a page where people who want to support the recount efforts can donate -- and we can see how much is donated towards the goal.. I'm hoping they get on board. If they respond, I'll post it here. Anyhow, please keep your negative thoughts on Kucinich to yourself -- if you don't support his efforts, then don't. But if you support his brave efforts to ensure the integrity of our primary system, please help him out!!! He is also a staunch defender of the constitution!

From his campaign:

Friends,

Once again, America is faced with questions about the integrity of machine-counted ballots and about the rights of Americans to decide for themselves who they should be allowed to vote for in this crucial Presidential election.

In New Hampshire, it's a question of whether votes were counted or manipulated. In Nevada, it's a question of whether the GE-owned NBC television network should have the power to decide who your choices should be for President.

The vote counts in New Hampshire are suspicious. And, today's decision by NBC to exclude Dennis from next week's Presidential debate - even though he met the criteria - is outrageous. And, we need your help to deal with both of these matters.

Because of the unexplained disparities between hand-counted and machine-counted ballots in New Hampshire, Dennis has asked for a recount. "I am not making this request in the expectation that a recount will significantly affect the number of votes that were cast on my behalf," Dennis said in his letter to the Secretary of State of New Hampshire. But, he cited “serious and credible reports, allegations and rumors" that question the integrity of the machine-controlled process.

If New Hampshire agrees to a recount, this campaign will have to pay for it. And we can't investigate what happened in New Hampshire - or protect every other state in the Union - without your help. (http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/2447309:2489728094:m:1:159331865:D8597D20026F27FBF B53D55BCF4E4AA2)

Likewise, NBC and MSNBC have made a corporate decision to exclude the one and only voice who represents you and those things that the Democratic Party should stand for. If you are as outraged as we are, feel free to call:

* NBC/MSNBC at 212 664-4444 and ask for the Comment Line or
* email NBC/MSNBC at letters@msnbc.com

PLEASE share this message with everyone you know so that the voice of the people will be heard and their votes WILL be counted.

Strength through Peace,
The Kucinich Campaign

lynnf
01-11-2008, 09:51 PM
Dennis Kucinich has bravely stood up to the powers that be and demanded that New Hampshire recount their votes. I know many of you disagree with his healthcare economic policies and I remember being denounced when I asked for help with getting him votes in the Independent Primary. We need not forget that Ron Paul openly embraces his friendship with Dennis Kucinich, and any friend of Dr. Paul is a friend of mine! Especially when he is bravely standing up and denouncing the same things we are -- our disastrous foreign policy, and most importantly as of late the MSM excluding people from their debate and "deciding" who wins as well as calling out the integrity of the New Hampshire election.

I've asked the Kucinich campaign to set up a page where people who want to support the recount efforts can donate -- and we can see how much is donated towards the goal.. I'm hoping they get on board. If they respond, I'll post it here. Anyhow, please keep your negative thoughts on Kucinich to yourself -- if you don't support his efforts, then don't. But if you support his brave efforts to ensure the integrity of our primary system, please help him out!!! He is also a staunch defender of the constitution!

Kucinich is only doing a recount of the Democrats. We have our own recount to do with the Republican side.

lynn

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 09:53 PM
we have a good chance to catch them on both sides.....I say better on the dem side when obama is the one who actually won that state and i believe a recount will show this.....

did you got to obamas site and ask them??????

LiberalDemForRP
01-11-2008, 09:57 PM
If New Hampshire agrees to a recount, this campaign will have to pay for it. And we can't investigate what happened in New Hampshire - or protect every other state in the Union - without your help. (http://echo4.bluehornet.com/ct/2447309:2489728094:m:1:159331865:D8597D20026F27FBF B53D55BCF4E4AA2)

With all due respect, I'm very wary of that link. I'm not clicking.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 09:59 PM
Lol, while many of us respect Dennis, I don't know if you should be putting direct fundraising links for him on RP's forum, especially if donating would not even help recount GOP votes. :)

constitutional
01-11-2008, 10:01 PM

it's legit. But yeah, it's fishy. It's a weird url, it should be https://services.myngp.com/ngponlineservices/contribution.aspx?X=aDlDFFT9TMGh0ghebdP6VkYKCfcT%2 fFNw

I don't want him to get recount of Democrat votes. I don't support Obama, and this recount can only help Obama. I'll take Clinton over obama any day because Obama = 0 experience and corrupt (patriot act, not willing to pull out of Iraq). He can come back after few years and show his record and then I might support him. He is taking a short cut to presidency, then he will sit on that status quo for the rest of his life.

BTW, he is getting recout, no need to donate.

pkoury
01-11-2008, 10:02 PM
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/11/new-hampshire-to-conduct-recount-of-presidential-primary/

Says its for both partys

lynnf
01-11-2008, 10:10 PM
http://youdecide08.foxnews.com/2008/01/11/new-hampshire-to-conduct-recount-of-presidential-primary/

Says its for both partys

yes, but only because a Republican started the process on the Republican side:

"request of two minor candidates — Kucinich, who received less than 1.4 percent of the vote, and Republican Albert Howard of Michigan, who received about 44 votes statewide."

thanks for the link, by-the-way, I was wondering where Albert Howard was from. now I know.

lynn

deronde
01-11-2008, 10:18 PM

You don't have to. It's the exact same link that was in the email they sent me.. it forwards to their donation page.

Henry
01-11-2008, 10:24 PM

With all due respect Dennis believes that it will not change his numbers. He's doing it for all Americans. Guess what I believe him!!!

deronde
01-11-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't want him to get recount of Democrat votes. I don't support Obama, and this recount can only help Obama. I'll take Clinton over obama any day because Obama = 0 experience and corrupt (patriot act, not willing to pull out of Iraq). He can come back after few years and show his record and then I might support him. He is taking a short cut to presidency, then he will sit on that status quo for the rest of his life.

Wait, you don't want a recount because it might expose FRAUD which would cause your favorite Dem to lose? Come on :P Any fraud is illegal and wrong and should be exposed, regardless of the recount results!!

BTW, he is getting recount, no need to donate.

From the AP: "Gardner is preparing an estimate of the recount's cost, which the requesting candidates must pay before it will begin. He said he expects to start the recount Wednesday, and will announce further details once the payments have been received.

Kucinich will have to foot the actual costs of the operation. $2k to start, and I read somewhere the estimated cost will be $67k.

Considering Kucinich's BIGGEST fundraising goal was $100k in one day (and he didn't reach that, even), a small amount would go a long way!

Just sayin'... if you wanna support the effort, it's a worthy cause :)