PDA

View Full Version : I just emailed Pope Benedict

rodmannn
01-11-2008, 09:31 PM
It seems if the Pope would endorse anyone, it would be Ron Paul.

benedictxvi@vatican.va

I can always hope.

BobSmith
01-11-2008, 09:33 PM
Would you mind sharing the e-mail you sent, I might be willing to send an e-mail, however as a catholic I do not want to spam the pope.

Xonox
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
haha, that's a great idea! I can't help myself but laugh at the thought though.

Lucid American
01-11-2008, 09:35 PM
You know, I was just thinking this the other day.

Paul's stance is the most Christian out there . . . I wondered, though, whether he would say anything positive about Paul because of Paul's stance on the War on Drugs.

Perhaps that will be one of my angles. Thanks for the address.

exformation
01-11-2008, 09:36 PM
however as a catholic I do not want to spam the pope.

:D

Paulbot_9876
01-11-2008, 09:37 PM
It seems if the Pope would endorse anyone, it would be Ron Paul.

benedictxvi@vatican.va

I can always hope.

not good idea.....stay away from that.....

TwiLeXia
01-11-2008, 09:38 PM
Lol probably won't happen, but good idea anyway.

rodmannn
01-11-2008, 09:40 PM
This is what I sent:

Dear Holy Father,

My name is xxxx xxxxxxx and I live in the United States. I am sure you receive thousands of requests each day, but I have a special one. There is an election going on here in the United States and there is a fine gentleman by the name of Dr. Ron Paul running for president. I believe deeply down in my heart that you would look kindly and appreciatively upon the viewpoints of Dr. Ron Paul. I am very worried about current wars spreading and truly believe the World and the United States could use a leader with Dr. Paul's humility, integrity, and reason.

www.ronpaul2008.com

Peace to you Holy Father and peace to everyone in the world,

xxxxx xxxxxxx

Mandrik
01-11-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm Greek Orthodox. I'd be more than happy to spam him. :D

NYgs23
01-11-2008, 09:56 PM
I really can't imagine that the Holy Father would actually endorse anyone for US president. Ron Paul doesn't this it's a good idea to meddle in the affairs of foriegn governments. Why would the Pope? The Pope speaks the Truth and hopes people will follow it, and it is clear to me that Ron Paul's platform dovetails much more closely to Catholic social, moral, and political teaching than any other. But that doesn't mean the Pope's about to go endorsing foriegn politicians.

BobSmith
01-11-2008, 10:04 PM
How about getting Mel Gibson endorsement

VRP08
01-11-2008, 10:07 PM
:D I was just discussing it with my husband the other day! We want wanted to write him too. What did your email say?

McDermit
01-11-2008, 10:10 PM
lol. The true pro-life candidate.

You know he'd take the nomination in a heartbeat if the pope endorsed him!

VRP08
01-11-2008, 10:11 PM
I emailed him in German, something along the lines of the original poster! :D

rodmannn
01-11-2008, 10:12 PM
This is what I sent:

Dear Holy Father,

My name is xxxx xxxxxxx and I live in the United States. I am sure you receive thousands of requests each day, but I have a special one. There is an election going on here in the United States and there is a fine gentleman by the name of Dr. Ron Paul running for president. I believe deeply down in my heart that you would look kindly and appreciatively upon the viewpoints of Dr. Ron Paul. I am very worried about current wars spreading and truly believe the World and the United States could use a leader with Dr. Paul's humility, integrity, and reason.

www.ronpaul2008.com

Peace to you Holy Father and peace to everyone in the world,

xxxxx xxxxxxx

See above for what I wrote. I was trying to be as humble as I could. I really didn't even ask for anything.

ValidusCustodiae
01-11-2008, 10:13 PM
This would turn a lot of people off. Not JUST 7th Day Adventists, but certainly them too.

Paul4Prez
01-11-2008, 10:14 PM
Maybe he can pray for us to do well in Michigan and Nevada.

Iwantchange
01-11-2008, 10:16 PM
We should start emailing celebrities and other high profile people... whats the worst that could happen they say no? We should get international people too! If international people support us in a big way that says something.

Azprint
01-11-2008, 10:17 PM
Um, Paul is a heretic for catholic church, he is protestant after all.

Jeremy
01-11-2008, 10:19 PM
Um, Paul is a heretic for catholic church, he is protestant after all.

This is all about religious freedom.

Lucid American
01-11-2008, 10:28 PM
Here's my letter. I might send it around as "An Open Letter to Pope Benedict XVI"

What do you think?

+++++++++++++++

Dear Holy Father,

As you well know, our world faces a series of important crossroads.

As a Catholic, I must place my faith above my country; therefore, my first priority is protection of human life in all forms, and second, is to advocate freedom for all human life. It is no coincidence that Our Lord first gave us life then liberty of will.

As an American, I am fortunate that our nation was built with these principles at its core. At the same time, I recognize in times like these how far we are removed from those ideals.

In 2004, many Catholic faithful here in the United States believed they had to choose between only two candidates: one who represented right to murder through abortion and one who offered "peace" through unjust war. I was unable to reconcile my faith sufficiently to vote for either of these men and as a result voted for a Libertarian candidate. I wish more had.

In 2005, I read a speech delivered on the floor of the U.S. Congress on April 6 of that year, entitled "Who's Better Off?" (see: http://www.house.gov/paul/congrec/congrec2005/cr040605.htm). My heart sang at the words of this congressman who seemed to genuinely reflect the lessons of Christ in his statements. As I read more about this speaker, I was resolved that this was the man who can lead our world to a better place. This man is Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has dedicated his life to promoting and restoring life. He served in the U.S. Air Force for five years as a flight surgeon during the Vietnam era. As an OB/GYN in Texas, he has delivered over 4,000 babies. He is staunchly pro-life, has introduced several pieces of legislation over his years in the U.S. House of Representatives to overturn Roe vs. Wade, and has published a book entitled "Abortion and Liberty," which asserts that the "right to abortion" is fundamentally contrary to any true concept of liberty.

Additionally, he has fought over his many years in congress to prevent spread of weapons from the U.S. government to the world, as well as to prevent the spread of U.S. military might to the world where our direct security was not at threat.

With the protection of life paramount to Dr. Paul's policies, his next priority is defense of liberty. Our Lord gave us liberty at Creation; by giving us but a single rule, he gave us free will. If the Lord gave us free will, who are men to take it away?

At times, freedom reveals itself in ugly -- even evil -- forms, such as drug abuse or sexual gluttony. Even still, Our Lord created us free, and so long as participants in the less appealing displays of freedom do so consentually, then for the role of government to legislate morality as such is for government to play the role of God.

Ron Paul is a humble man, but he is steadfast in his mission to promote life first and liberty second. The delta between him and the other candidates who oppose him is clear when they laugh and jeer as he stands before a nation of jaded and skeptical multitudes and courageously advocates peace in the face of war and faith in the face of terror.

I humbly ask that you keep this wonderful American leader in your prayers as he boldly holds fast to truth in the face of deceit. And to that end, please pray for us all.

Peace,
Steve McCormack