PDA

View Full Version : At least we aren't freezing and starving at Valley Forge.

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 08:52 PM
Our founding fathers faced much worse than we are going through now.
Keep coming back and hopefully we will remember this as the low point of the campaign.
Can you imagine it getting much worse, wait...
...how does it get better??

We have hundreds of real Ron Paul supporters sitting on the fence keeping quiet.
Many of these people want to win and used to believe it was possible, and now are struggling for hope.

Some of you are incredibly good at writing inspiring words.
Inspiration alone is not enough, we need a good plan. What is it?

ps. At least some people need to think about long-term ideas.
Please consider this idea, can we start calling each other Liberty Republicans, instead of Ron Paul Republicans? Liberty Republicans are not on record to have published that "the animals are coming."

In the fall of 1988, I knew Ron Paul was a long shot for the Libertarian presidency. When he lost, it was not a huge surprise because expectations were not so high. I allowed myself to have huge expectations for this 2008 campaign; If not a miracle victory, at least, something which could be built upon and we remember fondly for years to come. Instead we are left concerned about the "fleet footed criminals which will soon be roving out of the cities, and hunting us down because they hate us if we are white."

Some of you are incredibly good at writing inspiring words.

pps. 'Rope-a-dope and sandbagging' (often being referred to here at RPF as a "great strategy") might make sense in a two man race. If Ron is 'waiting for a two man race this year', then how many delegates will still be unchosen, and how does he expect to be invited to a 'debate' with the one remaining MSM contender?

Hope for America, or False Hope for Liberty?
Grass-roots needs some exciting low-cost plans. Any ideas??

tekmo
01-11-2008, 09:07 PM
Very cheap...

I had this idea bumping around in my head... just have one day (build up to it like a money bomb) where every supporter got some of that paint that you can put on your car... put a slogan on your car's back window, "Ron Paul 2008" "Ask me about Ron Paul" etc...

Then drive to work, do your grocery shopping, and so on. Just go about your day.

It has two benefits: Really gauge how many people support Ron Paul in your state, and allow for the possibility of someone coming up to you at your work parking lot and asking "Hey, who is Ron Paul." Bam, educate them, hand him/her a flyer, whatever!

This is great for all those folks who don't want to mess up their paint with a bumper sticker :D

Agent CSL
01-11-2008, 09:15 PM
Inspiration can do wonders. Words are alone not enough. Videos like Land of the Free really pump up someone's morale. Pictures of supporters in our face daily help. Also, the campaign has taken steps to inform us better and that's a big step up.

What WE need to do is sign up for a precinct, get off the internet, canvas, lay signs, talk to people. Read the campaign .pdf's on Ron Paul's site - they help.

I totally understand some of us have limitations either regarding money or transportation (I personally have both, lol). For those of us who do, we can still talk to our family, post on large internet forums like Topix, and write letters to our local papers as well as continue to be the internet voice Digging, Youtubing and Myspacing.

There's always something you can do beyond chatting on this forum.

MayTheRonBeWithYou
01-11-2008, 09:22 PM
A week ago I was calling for RP to leave the GOP and start his third-party run early. But now I'm so pissed that I kind of want him to keep fighting in the primaries a little longer and see what happens. Last night was a huge success. RP scored the best debate moment of the entire race so far. You could have heard a pin drop in that auditorium after he gave his line about borrowing money from the Chinese to give to Pakistan. I think a lot of lightbulbs went off over millions of people's heads accrosss the nation at that moment. It was the most watched of all the GOP debates so far.

If RP starts doing really badly and fading and it seems he is doing damage to his reputation, then we should get out and prepare for a third party run.

Indy Vidual
01-11-2008, 10:49 PM
A week ago I was calling for RP to leave the GOP and start his third-party run early. But now I'm so pissed that I kind of want him to keep fighting in the primaries a little longer and see what happens. Last night was a huge success. RP scored the best debate moment of the entire race so far. You could have heard a pin drop in that auditorium after he gave his line about borrowing money from the Chinese to give to Pakistan. I think a lot of lightbulbs went off over millions of people's heads accrosss the nation at that moment. It was the most watched of all the GOP debates so far.

If RP starts doing really badly and fading and it seems he is doing damage to his reputation, then we should get out and prepare for a third party run.

1) I did really enjoy last night's debate :)
2) The idea to say "Liberty Republicans, instead of Ron Paul Republicans" is valid, IMO, and I hope people start doing it.

3) I'm thinking we need some viral emails and other Internet efforts to re-build our strongest base.

Anybody have good ideas for #3?